• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Crobat/Dugtrio Cities-Juniors

Kame

Poke Maniac
This in my little brother's current tournament deck for our next cities tournament. He plays in the junior devision.

The point of this deck is to stack as many Dugtrio PL as possible on the bench and use Crobat Prime's severe poison to poison for 40 damage between turns and for the opponent to be hit by Dugtrio's sinkhole when they try to retreat.

4-2-4 Crobat Prime UL
4-4 Dugtrio PL
4 Spiritomb AR
2-1-2 Magnezone Prime TU

Pokemon: 27

2 Expert Belt
2 Pokemon Communication
1 Luxury Ball
3 Rare candy

4 Bebe's Search
1 Pokemon Collector
3 Interviewers Questions
1 Palmer's Contribution
2 Cynthia's Feelings
1 Oak's New Theory
1 Twins
1 Lookers Investigation

2 BTS

T/S/S: 24

{P}6
Rainbow- 2

Energy: 8

I ran a deck similar to this at one time. I like your list. I only have a few changes.
-3 Interviewer's ( You dont need to search for energy since Crobat only needs 1 to attack)
+1 Rare Candy (Increase the odds of getting one and you have 2 Stage 2 pokemon)
+1 Pokemon Collector (Increase odds and get those Tombs out)
+1 Oak's New Theory (Extra hand refresh)

You could change the energy count to:
4 rainbow
4 Psychic
This way should work better since you have 3 different types of pokemon and you may have to attack with someone other than Crobat.
I would also try to find room for an Unown Q to retreat Spiritomb and maybe a couple of Warp Point or Switch just in case Magnezone gets pulled active.

Id say take out the magnazone line for vilplume, so they can switch, warp point or poke turn.

I've thought about Vileplume but that adds yet another stage 2 pokemon that has to be set up and the magnezone is teched in for draws. So I'm a little unsure about adding vileplume.

The problem with no vileplume is, switch, poketurn, warp point, super scoop up, etc. Vileplume really helps force your opponent to either retreat or take poison damage, which is your goal.

I talked with the junior that is going to be playing the deck and he really wants to run Vileplume in it, and he'll pay for the cards so I suppose there is no reason not to at this point. Plus this kid is a huge fan of Gengar so it could come in handy in future vilegar builds. :)

If I take out magnazone should I throw in a couple of uxie and seeker?

I believe the best way to play Crobat is to play ALL crobat! Kind of like this:

Crobat (prime) 4-3-4
Crobat G PL x4
Dugtrio PL 2-2
Uxie LA x3
Unown Q x1

This deck would take some practice. Maybe throw in Honchcrow G and Azelf, but that is all a matter of preference. The lines would all flow together properly. Njoy
Amituofo!

Back