Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Crabominable V will debut in Fusion Arts, which releases in Japan on September 24th. Most of the set’s cards should become part of our Fusion Strike set on November 12th. Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translation!
Crabominable V – Water – HP220
Basic Pokemon
[W] Overturn: Discard the top 2 cards of your opponent’s deck.
[W][W][C] Fist of the Destroyer: 90+ damage. This attack does 60 more damage for each damage counter on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.
When your Pokemon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

Continue reading...

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Crabominable V - Seems weird for a Pokemon V. Just use Ice Caly if you're running a top tier Water Deck. Seems too awkward to consider. Maybe with Inteleon for additional quirk on this card, but nah. I don't feel like it. 3-4

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Out of 20 Pokemon Vs we'll expect in Fusion Strike

1. Tsareena
2. Chandelure
3. Crabominable
4. Boltund
5. Mew
6. Genesect
7. Rillaboom
8. Cinderace
9. Inteleon
10. Gengar
11. Lucario*
12. Appletun*
13. Pikachu*
14. Tyranitar*
15. Greninja*
16. Cinderace*
17. Breloom*
18. Dodrio*
19. Dracovish*

* - not confirmed but highly speculative.

Marcia Demme

Aspiring Trainer
My baby finally gets a V card. I've been waiting for a long time to see it get something. When it didn't get a GX I didn't know if they would ever give it an upgrade. I love this card so much. Melony will definitely be played in this deck.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
So you basically just play this with Inteleon and Greninja V-UNION and win, right?
No.

V-Union cards have never been proven to be good even with the recent Japanese tournaments. Also, it's even worse that some Sun & Moon cards, that might help this card, are going away this Friday. The fact that they're too awkward plus, not "Turn 1" friendly and, too clunky to build a deck around it, meaning it's impossible for V-Unions to prove its worth. Also, 1 week and 4 days left before the full reveal, and no sign of V-Unions revealed in this set meaning the initial info we got is just plain rumors.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
My baby finally gets a V card. I've been waiting for a long time to see it get something. When it didn't get a GX I didn't know if they would ever give it an upgrade. I love this card so much. Melony will definitely be played in this deck.
But how about the 2 energy? It's not a RS so duh

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Rhyperior always deems a ton of cards to be trash just after the reveal. Maybe he is right, but I think he's often too quick to shoot the gun against them.

I think that this card might have some merit as a finisher even in an Ice/Rider Inteleon deck. Two Inteleon pings on a benched VMax is enough to get the 1HKO with Crabominable. You can begin attaching one energy to it while attacking with Ice Rider. Get the KO on the first VMax, then Melony to Crabominable and switch to it to 1HKO the second VMax. Just some ideas here.

It might be even better in the future Rapid Strike Inteleon deck, since that one naturally and easily spreads damage around, and it returns its attached energies to your hand after attacking. If you're using RS energy to attack with Inteleon, you can prepare a Crabominable in your bench. If they go for it with a boss they're ignoring the three-prizer in front of them.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
No.

V-Union cards have never been proven to be good even with the recent Japanese tournaments. Also, it's even worse that some Sun & Moon cards, that might help this card, are going away this Friday. The fact that they're too awkward plus, not "Turn 1" friendly and, too clunky to build a deck around it, meaning it's impossible for V-Unions to prove its worth. Also, 1 week and 4 days left before the full reveal, and no sign of V-Unions revealed in this set meaning the initial info we got is just plain rumors.
But it sounds fun!

bomboy2121

blaziken gx is meta
I dont see why you shouldnt just use sableye,at least the first attack is good.
Also there isnt much water support to justify it anyways (the trainer i forgot the name to attach energy and draw 3 cards isnt worth here since the attack costs 1 more energy anyways so in both cases the cost will take 2 turns)

jfmgunner

Aspiring Trainer
So as someone posted, getting 4 damage counters on would get most of the format OHKO. Obviously as most have stated, attack cost is limiting and there isn't enough support for this...yet. I always wait with these attack mechanics bc often we judge a card only for the game to have a plan and a few days later its perfect partner is revealed. If anything that drops 1 or 2 counters with an ability comes out it could be a fun deck.

Arkantos

Aspiring Trainer
Not sure if this card will be good but it has some potential. I think it's better than Sableye bc water is def better supported than dark. We have frosmoth, Melony, froslass and capture energy is usable.
Also, Sableye with 4 damage counters does 250 + 40 = 290. Crab does 90 + 60x4 + 40 = 350 that is a 1HKO. Crab has more hp and can survive with a Cape.
Not the best card in the world and maybe not so competitive, but quite interesting.

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Just because you cannot easily and reliably charge it in one turn doesn't mean it is bad or that it doesn't have enough support yet. Of course a deck based around it might not be good, but I think the idea is to use it as a secondary, 2-prizer attacker and finisher in VMax decks. A VMax usually stays around for more than one turn so that gives you time to prepare your benched Crabominable V.

ThatUnlimitedProfessor

Aspiring Trainer
(Expanded talking points)

I feel this in combination with Whales and Articuno GX could be a fun idea.

Also, you could combine with the paralyzing Kyurem to get a 2 hit KO (with Frosmoth/Blastoise).