• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Crabominable/Octillery

AntiYouJD

Mill Enthusiast
Pokémon: 17
  • 4 Crabrawler BUS
  • 4 Crabominable BUS
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX GRI
  • 2 Remoraid BKP
  • 2 Octillery BKP
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 4 Guzma
  • 2 Acerola
  • 1 Brigette
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Heavy Ball
  • 2 Field Blower
  • 2 Rescue Stretcher
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 4 Choice Band
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Special Charge
  • 3 Brooklet Hill
Energy: 9
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 5 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

It's all about cycling Crabominable attackers one after another to get 2-hit KOs. Crabominable's first attack is the bread and butter of this deck. It hits for 80 with a cost of 1 fighting energy, or up to 100 with a Strong energy and 130 on an GX/EX with a Choice Band, but deals damage to the Crabominable using it equal to the damage it has already taken.

The second attack hits 80+40 for each heads on 2 coin flips, and is rarely used due to its high cost and low consistency. If there are already 2-3 Crabominable powered up on your side of the field, you can choose to stack energy on one of the benched Crabs to use this attack. It's usually better to save the energy cards,the Strong ones more so, because despite 140 HP, the Crab can easily get knocked out, especially by its own attack's effect.

Octillery is there for consistency and draw power, as expected. Tapu Lele GX is crucial for fetching a Brigette on turn 1, or any other supporter when needed.

On turn 1, the goal of the deck is to have 2-3 Crabrawlers and 1 Remoraid on the board. On every subsequent turn, you should be using Crabominable to set up or take 2-hit KOs. Sniping easy KOs with Guzma is advised. Acerola is suprisingly useful in many matchups as you can use it to cycle Crabs without having to actively retreat or have a Crab knock itself out.

Obviously this is not a top-tier deck but it has been suprisingly fun to pilot. With a few tweaks it can be turned into a very handy budget deck, but for now this is what I've got. My online record with this deck is 20 wins out of 30 games, with 13 out of 14 games won since changing it into the version above. There's still room for improvement though. Any opinions/ideas?

I love these kind of one-prize attackers deck.
If the focal point of this deck is going to be Crabominable's first attack, I'd add more healing cards so you increase the chances of attacking without hurting yourself. So, these are my changes:

-2 Heavy ball: it's a Stage 1 deck, you shouldn't have problems getting your Pokemon with 4 Ultra Balls and the draw supporters.
-1 Fighting energy: It's only 1 energy cost attack, 8 energies should be enough.
-1 Brooklet hill: You are mostly going to setup with turn 1 Brigette, so I think 2 stadiums should be more than enough.
-1 Guzma: I think you'll be fine with 3, so you open a slot for an additional Acerola.

+2 Max potion: In the worst case, you'll lose only 1 energy.
+2 Potion: Yeah, I know nobody uses it, but it can save you from knocking out yourself.
+1 Acerola: It's crucial to remove your hurt Crabominables.

Hope it helps.

Back