Ruling Continous Sudden Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhincodon Typus

O herro preesh
In a Premier event (a big one, say, Nats), I'm running Magikarp SF and 59 water energies, and my opponent is running Electrode G and 59 electric energies. He uses Reckless Bomb and kills us both. It goes to sudden death. Basically, the same situation would continuously repeat itself. What happens? When time is called we'll still be playing sudden death.

lolqut @ loophole. I don't think there is an official rule to combat Sudden Deaths like this. But then again, the first 1 to deck out loses if both players refuse to attack (Like Karp can attack hard).

afstandopleren said:
lolqut @ loophole. I don't think there is an official rule to combat Sudden Deaths like this. But then again, the first 1 to deck out loses if both players refuse to attack (Like Karp can attack hard).

The idea is, Electrode attacks, then both players lose. So they go to SD again. And they could logically loop forever.

Yeah but...who ever is going to do something like that? I mean there's stupid scenarios and theres just plain STUPID SCENARIOS.
Go and run a 59 water/1 Magikarp deck, I dare you. Nobody would, so theres no ruling for this.

Also it id a 1/60 chance to get your pokemon out so really it is whoever can get a pokemon out first wins :p

There is a rule regarding how long you do get for set-up which does include getting a basic pokemon.

No what would happen is that the Electrode player would just attach 2 energy to electrode and use ot's other attack for game.

There's just no ruling for this. It's not going to happen, Lou said it all already. -_-"

Just for that, I'm going to a small-scale tournament, giving a friend an Electrode G deck, me using a Magikarp deck, hope we end up paired together, and we will find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back