Discussion Confirmed Fake Rumor Catalog - Sun & Moon Edition [Games Out!]

Solgaleo and Lunala will not have a prevolution, come on now. These are legendaries, and legends don't have evolutionary lines. If Solgaleo and Lunala got a prevolution, and they shared it at that, I will be completely bewildered, stunned to unbelievable lengths.
I witnessed this exact debate on another forum and honestly we can't say what GF will and won't do. Did we ever expect evolution beyond the third stage? Gendered legendaries? Z-moves? GF likes to break the "rules" and I wouldn't be surprised if we got some common "pre-evolution" for Solgaleo and Lunala.

Legendaries not evolving seems like the kind of rule they're bound to break at some point, since they've gotten Megas and Origin forms and many can change form anyway.

But even if there's no evolution rule-breaking, it could be a Manaphy-Phione situation. Breed Solgaleo or Lunaala with each other or a Ditto and out pops Eclipseon the Bat-Lion or whatever.

I'm sorry, are we having this discussion?

Do you guys mean you're actually serious in considering that this:

and this:

have any kind of commonality that could be born out of a previous stage? I know they're both psychic (because psychic encompasses cosmic things for GF) and GF has "exaggerated" their evolution logic every now and then, but it seems like too much of a stretch.

Besides, they break some rules, not all; mega evolution is not evolution; no pokemon can actually evolve past the third stage, they only change form for a while if they sacrifice their held item. Gyms, let's be honest, gyms were never what made pokemon pokemon, perhaps that was the notion of "progressive challenges that involve battling against stronger trainers that allow you to move forward in the game", but that could be from trainer battles, to gyms, to totem pokemon, to evil team admins, anything, it only depends on the story; I'd say that gyms were kind of holding them back, if anything.
Ultra beasts are, perhaps, the thing where they most seem to have deviated from their implied rule of "nothing but pokemon and humans here", but we really don't know enough about them, I feel; it could be that they're just pan-dimensional pokemon or something? or, god forbid, that theory of them being experiments or... hybrids. *shudders*

Off the top of my head, the only times I remember them breaking actual rules are the exceptions for the eeveelutions, heatran's inexplicable gender (when meloetta doesn't have any), alolan raichu's description amounting to a shrug, pikachu having a signature move it only gets as a baby, manaphy breeding a different species that doesn't evolve into it but has almost the exact same moves, and I'm sure there are more, but never big changes, just localized exceptions for certain pokemon, never too important pokemon, too.

That said, Lusamine being Lillie's mother (or sister?) makes a scary amount of sense; Lillie's style seems to be as classy, if less sexy, than Lusamine's, her emphasis on pokemon not fighting mirrors the foundation's alleged goal, and the whole "UB-01 is lillie" theory could be explained if UB-01 was the first ultra beast they caught, Lillie "released" it and it's taking care of it.
Also, we haven't gotten bad guy family drama since black and white; it's about time they bring it back.

*surfaces from the depths of retail employment and foster kittens* I'M ALIVE. I promise I'm alive!

Changelog 9/29:

- Added steff's relevant leak compilation as a quick reference spoiler under the OP title, for convenience.

[Steff, if you'd like to keep this section updated yourself using mod wizardry, please feel free to do so.]

Last edited:
Well, at least today's news shuts down any fakes remaining that still had Fire-type Grimer listed.

New Fakes:

alolan-cubone.png

alolan-persian2.png

alolan-persian.png

alolan-mantine.png

alolan-jigglypuff.jpg

~Added pictures instead of link - Steffenka~

Last edited by a moderator:
That Jigglypuff form has just made me lose my faith in humanity. Like really? I thought we keep the dirty stuff out of this for at least a bit longer...

I'm more wary of the fact these mostly just look like recolors. And that Jigglypuff just looks super bad. Doesn't even look Sugimori-style. These fakes are lazy.

That Jigglypuff form. I don't even know what anything is anymore.

Well, I could see that happening once The Age of Fire begins with the election of president trump.
"All the pokemon? New forms. Yuge forms. Majestic forms. Demented. I tell you, you don't even know the forms we have in store for you. The best."

Last edited by a moderator:
There's been made some comparisons between the text compared to official videos, which shows a clear difference between the texts:

1476454711099_by_steffenka-dal33ji.png

1476454780446_by_steffenka-dal33id.png

Very true. BUT! font differences can potentially be attributed to trailer footage being taken from the beta versions of the games, rather than the final product. The same goes for the opposite; someone with access to a test version of the game could have been sitting on these pictures for a while. That being said, I'll admit the 'glow' around the Persian in the pictures feels pretty suspicious to me (along with the size of that second 103), but not enough to write all of them off as fake.

TL;DR Judgement: I'm going to hold off adding them to the list for the time being, just to be safe. Unless the 'leaker' comes out and directly admits that they're fakes, of course :3

(Also, I look away for 8 hours to play some Stardew Valley, and it suddenly gets all political in here. Could I please get a mod to nuke the off-topic presidential discourse?)

Very true. BUT! font differences can potentially be attributed to trailer footage being taken from the beta versions of the games, rather than the final product. The same goes for the opposite; someone with access to a test version of the game could have been sitting on these pictures for a while. That being said, I'll admit the 'glow' around the Persian in the pictures feels pretty suspicious to me (along with the size of that second 103), but not enough to write all of them off as fake.

TL;DR Judgement: I'm going to hold off adding them to the list for the time being, just to be safe. Unless the 'leaker' comes out and directly admits that they're fakes, of course :3

(Also, I look away for 8 hours to play some Stardew Valley, and it suddenly gets all political in here. Could I please get a mod to nuke the off-topic presidential discourse?)
Don't worry. Stef took care of it for you. It was partially my fault (curse my impulsivity), and I'm sorry about that.

What's done is done, now let's just get back on topic :p
So apparently the guy who "leaked" Mantine, Cubone and Persian also made a video, though it could just be a hacked version of XY/ORAS. Either way, here it is:

(Thank you stef ^^)

You're right in that it could be a gen 6 hack, but that is a LOT of effort to put in for just a couple of leaks. And it wouldn't be the first time a tester leaked info based off the beta version of the game. Persian mainly being a simple recolor almost gives it more credibility, since that's honestly all Alolan Meowth is.

Wait and see is still the name of the game for me.

Back