Discussion Confirmed Fake Rumor Catalog - Sun & Moon Edition [Games Out!]

So these have been circulating on 4Chan for a couple of days, and are (I think) the only rumour/leak I've seen with actual artwork of stuff supposedly in the games. Once again, not saying it's real, just think y'all should be informed :p
Also FINALLY a leak where I don't have to censor anything :D

the_drawing_leaks_by_steffenka-dafb7ra.jpg
I'm positive this is all fake. The only reason this guy has pictures is because he draws them. Think about it. He draws them. I think this is just another guy trying to fool us by making impressive fakemon and Alola forms. I'm not getting my hopes up, so I wouldn't mind it if these were fake, especially the starter middle forms. Those suck in my honest opinion. But nonetheless, I'm gonna take a look at all this. Don't forget to take a grain of salt first.

Details:

1. Rockruff has multiple evolutions. Rockruff's mystery is going to be revealed in this coming Coro Coro, unless Pokemon beats them to it first.
2. So he doesn't evolve during the night. Okay? Interesting.
3. Sunny Day by default? We've seen every other weather condition out there by default in certain locations over the years, multiple times. This isn't surprising.
4. Alola Forms:
Paras/Parasect: I like the idea that they're infected by Morellul. Makes them really feel like their a part of Alola. I like the concept on this one.
Golem: A heated rock. Like a mixture of rock and magma. Okay? Meh.
Koffing/Weezing: So instead of releasing toxic gases, it releases steam? That's just plain stupid.
Grimer/Muk: Here's where they crossed the line. This instantly is reminiscent of a form of Grimer/Muk from a fanmade game. That's one reason I think these are fake.
5. Mini games? Not exactly what I was expecting, but it wouldn't shock me. Little mini games for Pokeride. Makes it feel like you're actually moving from place to place instead of an automatic transition. Only problem is, this could get annoying if it's one of those necessary functions to get to and fro.
6. Wishiwashi and and Feminine Fire Pig. Meh?
7. Pokemon Evolutions:
Komala: A koala evolves. I kind of expected him to evolve, and he probably will. So this doesn't surprise me.
Pikipek: Doesn't look like a steel type. But I guess it pecks wood so it's possible. I see more steel type being in its beak than anything. It's a woodpecker.
Bounsweet: Pokemon does dumb concepts like this all the time. Wouldn't surprise me, but this isn't what I think it'd evolve into, though I'm sure Bounsweet evolves.
Tortunator: A Pokemon that looks like it has a pre evo (still waiting for Drampa's...). Not surprised by that, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had one.

Designs:

Alolan Arcanine: Well I must say. He looks awesome. I love Alolan forms, but again, don't get your hopes up.
Alolan Weezing: Wow. Looks worse than I thought he would.
Alolan Golem: Looks better than the way this fool described it. Not a member of my team though.
Alolan Parasect: Looks incredible. Love how it's been overtaken by the Morellul. No complaints, this thing is awesome. If he's real he's on my team. Done.

Flower Plant: No. This isn't Plants vs. Zombies. No. Hate that thing.
Lava Pig: Wow. That thing looks really horrible.
Komala Evo: Meh. That Misty saliva is disgusting. Not a candidate for my team.
Bounsweet Evo: Why does it LOOK like that? WHY does a little sweet fruit evolve into a pepper shaped lizard looking thing. WHY!!!???
Pikipek Evos: They look like fakemon, like the Fomantis line to me. They may look fake but at least the Fomantis line looks cool.
Rowlet Evo: Oh my F****** GOD! He looks WAY to DERPY to evolve into the awesome archer owl.
Litten Evo: Looks much worse than the final. Looks pretty stupid, and doesn't seem to follow its concept to well either.
Popplio Evo: Considering I've learned to love Popplio for two reasons. One I love its derpy but adorable face, and two Entermaid looks BEAUTIFUL. But this? It looks like some pretty odd in between but also anorexic combination of the two. Although it's a gymnast. Keeping with the whole circus theme. I must say though, I'll deal with a crappy middle form to get to an amazing final form.
Spider Monkey: Not much can be said about...whatever the hell this thing is. It's a big spider monkey. That's all I can say.

Overall:

All in all these are fake, no doubt about it. I hate just about every single Pokemon that this leak revealed except the Alola forms. Those are cool overall. But on he other if these leaks turn out to be true, then either Sugimori had a stroke while drawing these or this fool has memory loss. Something happened, somewhere along the way, someone f***ed up these designs. But yeah, I still think these are total fakes.

Last edited:
You guys ever notice that all these leaks continually reference things that have been rumored since day one (Rockruff being a werewolf and having split evolutions, Alolan Pokemon being restricted to gen 1 only, etc)? Also all the leaks continue to reference things we already know. 0/10 obvious fake leak would not circulate.

I am going to chortle if all the Rockruff hype turns out to be garbage and he's just some stupid rock dog with a stupid rock dog evolution. After all the hype, I'm kinda hoping for it now.

My favourite from that fakemon batch rumour is definitely the middle Popplio evo. For something to go from Popplio to a big elegant siren, it would make sense to have a gangly teen phase. I also really like the dragonfruit Bounsweet evo and Morilull Parasect. And if Weezing and Muk get unpolluted forms, I'll be happy for them.

But yes, it's very convenient that someone with the rare chance to see an in-progress game build would also have the drawing skills to recreate what they saw afterward. But people who draw have never steered us wrong before!

Same here.

I was very surprised by the quality of these fakes' design; they're very, very smart, and very in line with what GF would (maybe) do. This person clearly understands the rationale behind alola forms, for example; parasect's is very smart (odd, however, in that it uses an existing pokemon that may still have a stage or two left, while the original tochukaso was simply a fungus), arcanine is appropriately adapted, and lava golem is very, very clever. Weezing not so much, really, but even GF has misses every now and then.

As for the regular pokemon, the litten evolution and popplio evolution are very good (they also just happen to coincide with the almost-confirmed leak of the final forms, but a gymnast turning into a singer doesn't really mesh well), the werewolf is decent, but maybe the cross was overused; I really don't know if GF would dare to use anything even close to a religious motif in their designs; the others are all very well done too, but the sweet bounsweet evolving into a fire-type dragon and duckface plant really tell you everything you need to know; those are not, and will never be, pokemon.

And of course, what a coincidence it is that this person seems to have completely memorized minute aspects of each design, and has the capacity to pass them to paper so effectively and neatly; this person is no amateur, that much is clear, but I don't think even a good artist could replicate designs they only saw once or twice with such clarity.

@professorlight actually that rumor said his evo changes based on the phases of the moon (which would be a mechanic GF would put in these games)

That aside I can probably say confidently that these are fake. Arcanine was just recently put into the Japanese Sun and Moon page for older Pokemon that'll be appearing in the Alola Dex (which more or less has been a list of Pokemon that ARENT getting Alola forms), which also calls into question EVERY rumor that has slapped on an Alola form for Arcanine (as well as Butterfree).

@Kitana Coldfire the people have spoken, and I think it's pretty safe to put "The Drawing Leaks" under fake :p
I still would've loved to see a Parasect infected by Morelull, that's a super cool concept, but like y'all said, the dragonfruit Bounsweet, the lava pig and the duckface thing (which I actually thought was Turtonator's pre-evo until I read it through again), definitely look fake to me.

(Sorry guys, work has been kicking my ass lately. Tana has been tired ;-; )

Changelog 9/4:

-Added 'Drawing Leaks' to fake art section
-Added 'Guzma Leak' to the fake type list section

Last edited:
Anyone here heard of the "Chinese Riddler" leak? I'm surprised I haven't heard of this leak around at all considering it is the most credible, albeit the most cryptic of them all.

Anyone here heard of the "Chinese Riddler" leak? I'm surprised I haven't heard of this leak around at all considering it is the most credible, albeit the most cryptic of them all.
Would you mind putting it up here for us if possible? I've never heard of this leak either.

I'll be posting it in bits since I'm on a road trip right now, but I'll try my best to compile what I've read from it.

This person is apparently an insider working with the Sun and Moon games (they've also apparently posted images proving so, but I don't know where), but he's been very careful to not outright reveal a lot of big things, but they do give very big hints. What they've done is post images hinting toward Pokemon and features in the new games.

Now on to the juicy bits :p

Prior to the reveal of Solgaleo and Lunala, they posted an image of Litleo for Sun and a Zubat for Moon. They also posted more images that seem to reference Pokemon we do and don't know. For now I'll try to describe the images for the Pokemon we do know, but I'll try to post the images of the unknown mons later:
An image of a tablecloth and Pikachu was posted prior to Mimikyu's reveal, and an image of a shovel, sandcastles, and what seems to be an ocean were posted before we even knew of Sandyghast, Pallosand, and Water Compaction. They even gave us a hint for Team Skull with a cloth with a skull on it.

EDIT: here's the image hints posted
image.jpeg

They also mentioned how "Gen 6 had Meganium and Yanmega, and Gen 7 has Porygon Z" (or somethings akin to that). This is clearly referencing Megas last gen, but while you may think "Porygon Z" could be a reference to Z moves, this was posted AFTER we knew about Z moves and they're saying it's something not yet revealed, but "heavily advertised" (Ash-Greninja?).

They also revealed that Drampa, Bruxish, Salandit, and Mimikyu are not stand-alone Pokemon as he references them as "families" (Drampa family, Mimikyu family, etc)

And as a big side note:

Also there's this separate leak from 2chan

- A new mechanic called Z forms will b be introduced
- Z forms act in a similar manner to Megas but when they faint the player automatically loses the battle due to their sprit being connected to said Pokémon.
- Ash Greninja is a Z form and will be shown off at an event soon to promote the concept.
- Mostly older Pokémon have Z forms but a few Alola Pokémon have them too.
- proclaims that Raichu, Farfecth'd, Persian, Arcanine, Jynx, and Dodrio all have Alola forms. (Alolan Raichu was leaked/revealed some time after this leak).
- The Alola starters have two different Final Evolutions that will be tied to a day\night system.
- Basically reconfirms that the Chinese leak is real by saying that one of Litten's Evos is a Heel wrestler while the other looks like a more natural evolution.
- States that they'll will be many legendary Pokémon this time around

What I find interesting is how this leak came before the "Chinese Riddler" mentioned anything relating to Z-formes,

Last edited:
How would those Z-forms work? ash-greninja isn't a recolor, but a new design; does that mean that several pokemon have alternate cosmetic Z-forms, in addition to alola forms of some other pokemon, to a whole cadre of new pokemon, and (perhaps) new megas? That sounds like a lot.

And how would they be? ash-greninja resembles certain features of ash; how would that work in a game where you can change your hair and clothes any time? I doubt the pokemon would look like your character's only immutable feature (the face). Does every Z-form of a pokemon share a form and only changes the coloring to match you?

Incidentally, what is ash-greninja? Is it like a mega transformation? or just an alternate form? I don't watch the series.

The leaks could very well be true; my main issue is that the riddler doesn't really tell us anything until after the fact; we know his information is reliable, but that doesn't mean much if we can't decode it. We might need Batman for that.
The other one could go either way; its most outlandish claim, the Z-forms, is backed up by greninja and it could be what the riddler is talking about, but it was also one of the most popular rumors, in different ways. The rest is fairly reasonable.

Last edited:
Well I feel like Megas will be taking a break during our time in Alola, and will maybe come back in future games. Looking at the 2chan leak as well, it seems Alolan forms can get Z-forms as well, and from the looks of things Z-forms may be not restricted to Gen 1 mons (which seems to be the case with Alolan forms). While Alolan forms are clearly a permanent change, Z-forms will most likely serve as a more balanced Mega where if you lose your Z-mon, you lose the game.

When it comes to aesthetics, we do have a set number of hairstyles, so they might just program the Z-forms to copy our current hair like Ash-Greninja. Speaking of which, from the little tidbits of the anime I've seen I think Ash-Greninja is definitely a powered up version of its original self, but seems to actually require a bond between trainer and Pokemon (which is what Megas were advertised as), so it's like a Mega Pokemon that doesn't need a rock but utilizes the magic of friendship <3

One of the riddler's riddles references Hoopa.

Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 2.08.53 PM.png
Hole Hyperspace is probably Hyperspace Hole. The rest I don't get though. Does hoopa have yet another form?

Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 2.10.49 PM.png
This once again mentions the rugby monkey.

Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 2.11.42 PM.png
Is this... a coat rack Pokémon?

I believe one of the terms I saw was "Monk Staff" or something like that. The one talking about the elements with that one dude is supposedly a new Pokemon since it comes before Marshadow, but after the box legends in the preliminary Alola Dex he posted; maybe a mythical Pokemon?

Well I feel like Megas will be taking a break during our time in Alola, and will maybe come back in future games. Looking at the 2chan leak as well, it seems Alolan forms can get Z-forms as well, and from the looks of things Z-forms may be not restricted to Gen 1 mons (which seems to be the case with Alolan forms). While Alolan forms are clearly a permanent change, Z-forms will most likely serve as a more balanced Mega where if you lose your Z-mon, you lose the game.

It would seem extremely odd if they introduced a major mechanic to 20-30 pokemon only to let it die in a generation. Which is my concern with the alola forms; only one generation will feature alola, so does that mean the concept of "regional variant" dies with this gen, or will there be "not-Alola" forms for the future regions?

GF always makes things, sometimes great, sometimes not, that they just discard for the next generations, but those are usually minor things; to discard such game-affecting mechanics, with all the work they mean in design and conceptualizing, would be really strange, even for them. (not to mention, in future games, how would you get an alola form if you're not in alola?).

When it comes to aesthetics, we do have a set number of hairstyles, so they might just program the Z-forms to copy our current hair like Ash-Greninja. Speaking of which, from the little tidbits of the anime I've seen I think Ash-Greninja is definitely a powered up version of its original self, but seems to actually require a bond between trainer and Pokemon (which is what Megas were advertised as), so it's like a Mega Pokemon that doesn't need a rock but utilizes the magic of friendship <3

But greninja copies more than hair; even then, I doubt they would really go to the trouble of giving each of... 20 pokemon? more or less? new models for each of the hairstyle variants for boys and girls; what is that? at least 400 different models? That's what makes me doubt a bit of this Z-form mechanic; the logistics of it are insane, especially if you believe they won't make it a core part of the game and keep adding to it in later generations, like it was supposed to happen with megas.

Not to mention that, why make megas at all if you plan to introduce this mechanic that is almost exactly the same (it just lets you have a held item in exchange for losing the battle if you lose the pokemon)? It's all so strange.

I really thought ash-greninja was just one of those dumb "Ash is so special he's the most awesome guy ever because he sees ho-oh, meets all the legends, has all the especially gifted pokemon that are super powerful but always lose stupidly like pikachu and infernape and he never ever gets old" things the anime likes to do.

And I take it you never did finish that bloody unicorn. Too bad, it was a brilliant idea.

Last edited:

"The magic of friendship" I see what you did there... (Because MLP was meh childhood.)

So here's some more Riddler riddles(?) for our brains to chew on:

He brought up an interesting question regarding the professors:
"How many professors are there in Alola? 1 or 2 or 3 or 4?"

He also posted a picture (once again I don't know exactly where possibly either 4chan or a Chinese forum he always posts in) of Anabel, who, in case you don't remember, is the Battle Frontier Brain for the Battle Tower in Emerald. Could this possibly mean we finally get the return of the Battle Frontier?

He also reposted this leak:
Hello, all! I'm new here and its a pleasure to meet all of you!

I found something pretty interesting on 4chan. Apparently the Riddler leaker posted this awhile ago and is alluding that some of the info in this is true:
你们喜欢看的东西,谣言来了,舅舅出没,来源4ch~
>Fire-type Kahuna doll Pokemon with stitches
>Fire/Dark evo line
>Grass-type koala Pokemon with coconut head
>Pure Grass evo line
>Water-type dolphin Pokemon with yellow sacks on sides
>Water/Electric evo line
御三家:草主是椰子头的考拉精灵,纯草路线;火主是有缝线的卡胡纳玩偶娃娃精灵,火恶;水主是海豚精灵,两侧有黄色的袋状器官。。。水电~
>150 new Pokemon
150个新精灵
>bug,water,fighting,steel,electric,fire,fairy,dark gyms
道馆顺序,都能看懂,不写了
>champion Red from Gen 1 gives guidance throughout the game
赤回归,会作为重要角色进行引导
>main rival (opposite gender) sides with villain team for 2/4 of game
劲敌(异性的)tm一半的游戏里和邪恶组织是站一队的,我靠
>lots of Gen 1 pandering
>completely new engine
>new models
初代元素爆棚(卖情怀),引擎建模都是新的
>no post-game second region, memory used to make region size of two
二周目没有新地图,另外内存就这样了,所以一块地图的大小实际上是两个的量
>new battle frontier
新对战开拓区
>professor oak return
大木博士回归
不可尽信~

What I find really fascinating is that on his thread on the Chinese forum he's on he stated (allegedly) that there is something true in that leak, and it's more shocking than if Red returned to the games.

Last edited:
So here's some more Riddler riddles(?) for our brains to chew on:

He brought up an interesting question regarding the professors:
"How many professors are there in Alola? 1 or 2 or 3 or 4?"

He also posted a picture (once again I don't know exactly where possibly either 4chan or a Chinese forum he always posts in) of Anabel, who, in case you don't remember, is the Battle Frontier Brain for the Battle Tower in Emerald. Could this possibly mean we finally get the return of the Battle Frontier?

He also reposted this leak:

What I find really fascinating is that on his thread on the Chinese forum he's on he stated (allegedly) that there is something true in that leak, and it's more shocking than if Red returned to the games.
A lot of that sounds a little fake, like red returning.

>completely new engine
>new models

These pretty much debunk it. Just by looking at the footage we have so far we can see that these games are based on the same engine as gen VI. Also all old Pokémon models look the same as they did on the previous generation.

These pretty much debunk it. Just by looking at the footage we have so far we can see that these games are based on the same engine as gen VI. Also all old Pokémon models look the same as they did on the previous generation.
There is at least one true thing in that rumor he reposted, as it even shocked him (an insider) that someone was able to accurately predict said thing. The way he works, he wouldn't have bothered with it had the entire "leak" been fake. We don't know what point is true yet, but we'll find out eventually, all he's hinted is that it's pretty big.

Back