ORAS Confirmed Exclusive Legendaries in ORAS

KiKi said:
Legendaries that are still unconfirmed in ORAS:
Giratina, Phione, Kyurem.
How are we supposed to get them, outside of transferring them over?
They were the only legendaries, save for events (Mew, Jirachi, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect) that were not announced.

I doubt you will be able to get Phione outside of breeding Manaphy. For Giratina and Kyurem I wouldn't be suprised if you had to obtain both Zekrom and Reshiram to unlock Kyurem, and Palkia and Dialga to unlock Giratina. They have done similar things in the past :)

I think they might be saving giratina and kyurem for the new kalos installment. After all, if a new game for x/y comes out they don't have much to offer if x/y+or/as complete the dex, have all the tutors, etc..

Also note that they've put the legendary birds into Platinum for absolutely no reason even though they were featured in HGSS right afterwards...

Point being that they can still put any legends they feel appropriate into Z/XY2/XZYZ regardless of ORAS making all of them obtainable one way or another.

Updated the list slightly with a surprising change. According to Serebii sources and listing, Palkia is found in Omega Ruby and Dialga is found in Alpha Sapphire. I could slightly understand the latter as 'flow' of Time itself can be associated with Water, but how Space is associated with land...that I don't know.

G-Panthera said:
Updated the list slightly with a surprising change. According to Serebii sources and listing, Palkia is found in Omega Ruby and Dialga is found in Alpha Sapphire. I could slightly understand the latter as 'flow' of Time itself can be associated with Water, but how Space is associated with land...that I don't know.

that complex decision process was probably more along the lines of "hurdurr dialga is blue-isch, palkia is red-ish"

G-Panthera said:

Palkia's Water type was almost based on the percentage of water on Earth which is akward for a Pokémon related to space...so in the end, aside from the color matching, space is more associated with land (Groundon) and time with water because of the flow, like you've said.
That said, in the end I have to agree with Mitja above... just look at the complete list and you'll see a color pattern! :rolleyes:

Leaf_Ranger said:
G-Panthera said:

Palkia's Water type was almost based on the percentage of water on Earth which is akward for a Pokémon related to space...so in the end, aside from the color matching, space is more associated with land (Groundon) and time with water because of the flow, like you've said.
That said, in the end I have to agree with Mitja above... just look at the complete list and you'll see a color pattern! :rolleyes:

Well, in a way, Space can be related to Water as well, as various Sci-Fi fictions refer Space as traveling in a "sea of stars". Things like Marines and the Navy is often regarded as the Space Navy when used in a sci-fi theme story, so ironically, it fits Palkia's Water typing. But, Time, can also be regarded to be related to Water, as how "time flows". In the end, both Space and Time can be related to Water in several ways. I'd guess for Land, that Space refers to the size of the lands and creating "more space" for civilization to flourish.

And yeah, I have seen the pattern. Dialga is blue in color, so belongs to Alpha Sapphire, where Palkia is pink, which is a light shade of red, and thus belongs to Omega Ruby. That was pretty obvious to me, LOL!

I'm a little confused because some sites don't have the lati's as exclusives. Where has this been confirmed?

Edit: never mind, it's pretty self evident they will be, I was just hoping for a second there I could get Latios in sapphire :/

Leaf_Ranger said:

G-Panthera said:
Well, in a way, Space can be related to Water as well, as various Sci-Fi fictions refer Space as traveling in a "sea of stars". Things like Marines and the Navy is often regarded as the Space Navy when used in a sci-fi theme story. But, Time, can also be regarded to be related to Water, as how "time flows". In the end, both Space and Time can be related to Water in several ways. I'd guess for Land, that Space refers to the size of the lands and creating "more space" for civilization.

why are you two talking about outer space? Palkia is about space in general, dimensional space, as in volume.
And when I hear of any unit of volume, say 1 litre (or even better, a cup), I immediately imagine how much water would fit in it.

Mitja said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

G-Panthera said:
Well, in a way, Space can be related to Water as well, as various Sci-Fi fictions refer Space as traveling in a "sea of stars". Things like Marines and the Navy is often regarded as the Space Navy when used in a sci-fi theme story. But, Time, can also be regarded to be related to Water, as how "time flows". In the end, both Space and Time can be related to Water in several ways. I'd guess for Land, that Space refers to the size of the lands and creating "more space" for civilization.

why are you two talking about outer space? Palkia is about space in general, dimensional space, as in volume.
And when I hear of any unit of volume, say 1 litre (or even better, a cup), I immediately imagine how much water would fit in it.

Does it matter whether Space is about outer space or just space? Its just fiction in the end. That and both are the same to me and thus interchangeable at will depending on one's preferences. But if you want to know, I was referring to "outer space" mainly because of Palkia's primary Water type.

Reggie McGigas said:
I'm really wishing that Giritina and Kyurem aren't in the games so they can appear in Z.

They've both been found ingame.

Although them being in one game doesn't mean that it automatically means they can't be in the third version (see what Mitja said about the Birds being in HG/SS and in Platinum).

G-Panthera said:
Mitja said:

Does it matter whether Space is about outer space or just space? Its just fiction in the end. That and both are the same to me and thus interchangeable at will depending on one's preferences. But if you want to know, I was referring to "outer space" mainly because of Palkia's primary Water type.

It matters because space and outer space are not the same, and not interchangeable. One is a mathematical/physical concept while the other is only a specific tangible part of it.
Space itself by definition is everywhere, it is the volume itself. It can be occupied by matter or be empty.
Outer space is specifically the space outside the earth and can include other celestial bodies or exclude them along with the earth.
Palkia has nothing to do with outer space, and neither does water. By some definitions of outer space, water cannot even exist in it's typical state there, so I don't see a connection at all. Liquid water actually only exists in the right conditions that are absent in outer space, like down here on earth.

Mitja said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

G-Panthera said:

In my case, because I associate Palkia and "space" with outer space, not the space from volume or other measurement, mostly because Palkia's head remind me of a spaceship and so I think of the bodies in outer space. I always though that Water was just due to planet Earth, since the Pokémon and the story always come ending in the planet.

Space is traversable - like liquid, hence Water type.
Time is unstopable, rigid, solid, hence Steel type.
Antimatter is something we know little and is kinda abstract, hence Ghost type.

Not that this has anything to do with the manner Sinnoh legends are dealt in ORAS.

Back