Competitive Battling Discussion Of The Week 6

PDC

The PDC Show comes to an abrupt end...
You know the drill....

What do you think will happen to the metagame 5 months from now? What might be some future trends after the suspect testing?

As I said in the last competitive discussion, Keldeo will start to be used more. Same with Nattorei leads, Sandstorm Teams (and sandstorm counter teams), and bulky offensive pokemon. Also, bye-bye to frail offensive pokemon and to suicide pokemon (exploders). Basically what everyone else has been saying in general.

Like we have already seen with Gen 5 so far, I predict less offense and more defense/stall. The tiers will probably change a bit. People will find unusual and creative uses for random Pokemon. The usual.

With the introduction of some of the event pokemon, the minimum requirement of capability will be boosted. People will stop experimenting and strategies will become what they will be for the next few years.

In addition to what I already said, I believe the usage of Nattorei will go down. Its a new, fun Poke to use, but eventually, the tiers will mature and counters will be found and used. Nattorei will slowly lose attention like the Lati@s did in gen4. And thats not to say its not a good Pokemon. Its just overplayed.

Back