Competitive Battling Discussion of the Week 30

Well, VoltTurn is a strategy, not a play style. At least it is in my eyes.

Anyways, Trick Room is a fun play style with NP Cofagrigus, Conkeldurr, and Reuniclus. I dunno, it just seems fun to use Pokemon that are generally turned down for sweeping because they are too slow. I also like Stall and Balanced in OU, mainly because they're both pretty fun to use. Personally I prefer play styles that make me think, but ones that I enjoy at the same time.

You kinda contradicted yourself when you said Deoxys-D helps.

Deoxys-D is great on any offensive team. It's bulky enough to get in SR and one to two layers of Spikes. Offensive teams need a reliable way to get down hazards and/or screens. Go try to build an offensive team without a reliable way to set these things. It will fail.

Eh, I've seen Volt Turn used by a lot of people, so I consider it as a play style. Trick Room too, that's a play style as well. So is Gravity. They all kinda fall under the same idea of turning a move into an entire play style, if you get what I mean.

EDIT: Agreed, ComfortEagle. I wasn't sure what set he meant at first though, if he was talking about the bulky stall version or the fast spiker version. I took it to be that he was using a bulky stall version

R-C said:
Hey, man I'll be done after this , but PDC has a bit more expierience seeing he has an RMT in Smogon Archive and has peaked numeral times on Smogon. Beta server is nothing but, scrubs usually. Anyhow, I have built/seen several HO teams with a Hazard Setter / Dual Screener so please. Anyhow, sorry if I upset you or sounded mean , but believe me I use to be a member like you and I have seen others attack such a member for remarks like you said. Anyhow,

Apologies

~ R-C

It's normally easier to peak high on smogon than it is on beta, beta might have more bad players, but that's what you get from having a bigger userbase. They still have a fair amount of good players. You normally need a higher score to get to a certain rank on beta when compared to the same rank on smogon.

Anyway, emvee isn't like how you used to be, lol. I know him well, he knows his stuff.

On topic, rain stall is probably my fave, with amoonguss now to cover more stuff, it's really good.

I've been mainly a stall player for som time, but I've managed to learn how to play offense fairly well now. That's worked decently for me too.

Void! :) how u been bro. Im at cali right now on the search for kyle and benny. I found benny on the side of the street still looking for kyle though xd

Please stay on topic. That kind of discussion can take place in private message or profile comments.~KA

Just to clear the matter up, Deoxys-D, Metagross, and Starmie can definitely be part of an offensive team. For example, you may have Deoxys-D as a screener or hazard-setter; Metagross as a Choice Scarf sweeper or breaker; Starmie as an offensive spinner. Creativity is the epitome of heavy offense right now.

In regards to whether or not volturn is a playstyle or not, I believe it is. What exactly would you place it in currently? I wouldn't really call it heavy offense, and it's used enough to give it an actual name. However, it's not like it really matters anyways.

I was using a Hail team on PS that was Abomasnow, Heatran, Froslass, Ferrothorn, Gastrodon, and something else... I can't remember. It was fun to use hail and Blizzard does loads to all the Flying types going around atm. Frosslass is fun to use since its pretty fast and can set up subs waiting for a miss.

Back