Competitive Battling Discussion of the Week 30

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
tdl.png

What are some playstyles you enjoy in this metagame?

imma get dat woman some rain. women love the rain.

What defines a "playstyle" in the context of the question you're asking? Weather or Non-Weather, or something more specific like Hyper Offense or Stall? There are a lot of options. In either case, offensive weather teams are clearly the most popular choice of the current meta, although with some of the new BW2 Pokes, I'm starting to see much more defensive teams focused on bulky sweepers and, as always, hazard presence.

Rain rain, go away. Come again some other day.

Actually, don't. I like how you make all my favorite toys awesome. Between Keldeo, Tornadus, Thundurus and Haxorus, there's a lot of reasons to run rain.

I've also tried a bit of a weatherless bulky offense team with a Landorus-T/Rotom-W/Jirachi defensive core. It worked really well.

Also, Roost+Earth Power on Kyurem makes hail deadlier than one would think.

ShadowLugia said:
What defines a "playstyle" in the context of the question you're asking? Weather or Non-Weather, or something more specific like Hyper Offense or Stall? There are a lot of options. In either case, offensive weather teams are clearly the most popular choice of the current meta, although with some of the new BW2 Pokes, I'm starting to see much more defensive teams focused on bulky sweepers and, as always, hazard presence.

Rain offense, rain stall, hyper offense, etc etc.

Personally, Rain in general is my favorite weather to use . As far as, playstyles go I'd have to say either Bulky Offense or Stall. Yes, laddering with stall is the worst thing you could ever do in pokemon ,but it's all worth it because it's such a hard style to overcome. Periodic, switches and hazards ruins all teams w/o a spinner. I tend to run a powerful revenge killer like Haxorus to close the deal no matter what they have done. Teambuilding now is a bit harder because more threats and the old threats have new ways to threaten.

- R-C

My favorite playing style is definitely Volt Turn. It's very effective in counterpredicting your opponent and destroying professional teams like a boss :]

considering how much experience i do have, i feel you are the one who needs to do "some research". i mean really, those pokemon are not semi stall, especially considering how the poster said they were used. and no matter what you say, voltturn will never be a playstyle, despite the delusions you may hold.

Starmie and Metagross called '' Semi-Stall ''. lolwut. Bro, think before you post please. I'm not trying to sound mean just, really c'mon. Think before posting because what you said was way off what the truth is. You'll get a ton of crap from members if you keep doing stuff such as this. I'm just saying '' Think before you Post ''.

- R-C

For having reached #5 on beta and #1 on PBC, I think I know what experience is. So please, don't act like you're the kid that knows it all. I dare you to find me 1 hyper offensive RMT on either beta forums or smogon that has a wall in it or a defensive core. And volt turn is a playing style, and should be considered as one (for people like you that thinks it isn't).

Edit: R-C, the point I was trying to make was that if there were any walls on a team its not considered hyper offense. Sorry if i made u think otherwise.

PDC does know a lot. He reached number 1 multiple times in BW.

On to the main point of my post now. My favorite style is semistall. I don't like hyper offense as much because the team members tend to be fragile. I used to be an offensive player, but I'm not as much anymore just because it wasn't working as well for me. I studied hard the principles that work in Ubers and apply them to OU to get results.

Same here Arceus,

Also I really enjoy Semi-Stall. Do you mainly use weather semi or weatherless semi?

Hey, man I'll be done after this , but PDC has a bit more expierience seeing he has an RMT in Smogon Archive and has peaked numeral times on Smogon. Beta server is nothing but, scrubs usually. Anyhow, I have built/seen several HO teams with a Hazard Setter / Dual Screener so please. Anyhow, sorry if I upset you or sounded mean , but believe me I use to be a member like you and I have seen others attack such a member for remarks like you said. Anyhow,

Apologies

~ R-C

Emvee said:
Same here Arceus,

Also I really enjoy Semi-Stall. Do you mainly use weather semi or weatherless semi?

I don't use weather. While weather can be a powerful force, relying on it tends to make my teams weak to something else because there will be common weaknesses on weather teams. I learn to adapt to the weather present. This is part of why the Chaos Tier and Random Weather Tiers I scripted are fun. Weather Pokemon are banned and status healing items so you must adapt to each situation.

Back