Discussion Common Phrases Heard While Playing the TCG

What I’m thinking when I play a Zapdos/Jirachi deck in tcgo:
Vah Medoh use Revali’s salt

Is it wrong that I don't ask to see my opponent's discard?

Depends on your deck really. If you’re running something aggressive like blacephalon or turbo Pikarom, it probably wouldn’t affect your decisions much. I like to play tool box decks, so I need to know my opponents odds of being able to counter a particular attacker. In a control/stall deck, you should really be keeping track of every card your opponent plays since your main win condition is running them out of resources

Depends on your deck really. If you’re running something aggressive like blacephalon or turbo Pikarom, it probably wouldn’t affect your decisions much. I like to play tool box decks, so I need to know my opponents odds of being able to counter a particular attacker. In a control/stall deck, you should really be keeping track of every card your opponent plays since your main win condition is running them out of resources
No I mean, like I just take it without asking lol

Me and a friend were joking about how durring a tornament you'd hear people saying the same things being repeated by different tables over and over.
Something like
"Roitous beating for knockout" or
"Lele for a cynthia"
Are some of the many things i hear frequently.

Anyone else have any common phrases you often hear while playing? I might add some more if i remember any
Cut or tap.
The one phrase all smaller competitors hear.

Once in round one of a tournament I heard "Lillie" 4 times within 8 seconds. (turn 1) I said "Well it's nice to hear no one is dead drawing,"

Last edited:
Not necessarily what people say, more of how they say it. We've started this local thing in Johannesburg, South Africa where you speak with an Australian accent, i.e Marshadow and "That's a knockout!"

Not necessarily what people say, more of how they say it. We've started this local thing in Johannesburg, South Africa where you speak with an Australian accent, i.e Marshadow and "That's a knockout!"
"how is that a knockout? I have resistance"

- whait what does [insert Pokémon no one plays] again?
- "Pass"/"Your turn"
- JUDGE!
- I need a translation
- Draw for turn
- Full Blitz for [150+damage modifiers]
- Thunderous Assault for the KO
- Bloodthirsty Eyes for [insert Pokémon]
- Judge: "TCG Players, there is about 15 minutes left". Opponent: "Can you hurry up please" or "Um... Let me see what I can do... Draw for turn. Then, Ultra Ball on, hmm, Nest Ball and an Energy. *searches deck for 100 hours*. Do you want to cut? Hm yeah I'm gonna evolve this Ditto into... lets see..."

“Full Blitz for the knockout.”

“Tag Bolt GX for the active knockout, and your only other attacker on your bench.”

“Cynthia. Electropower for just enough damage to knock you out, and ruin your game plan.”

That’s pretty much every game for me.

Note: This is a joke.

Back