Ruling Colorless Energy

paperwalls

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry if this is a bad question, but I am kind of new to the game. So anyway i don't understand what colorless energy stands for, before I just thought it counted as any 1 energy while attatched to a pokemon. My friend got me really confused, but thanks to anyone who answers!!!:D

When a Pokemon has a Colourless Energy attached to it, it can use the colourless energy to pay for colourless attack costs. However, if an attack needs a colourless energy as part of it's cost, any energy can be used.

For example:

If a Card needs 1 Grass energy and 1 Colourless energy to attack, and it has 2 Colourless attached, it still needs a grass energy to attack. However, if it had 2 Grass energy attached instead, it would be able to pay the cost as it needs 1 Grass and 1 of any other energy.

{C} can have two different meanings, depending on the context.

If an attack calls for {C} as an energy requirement, it can be satisfied by any unit of energy. So an attack that calls for {G}{G}{C} requires a total of 3 units of energy, 2 {G} and 1 of anything else.

An Energy card that provides {C} provides a unit of colorless energy. Don't confuse this with something like Multi Energy that provides every type -- a card that provides {C} provides no type. It is still a unit of energy, but it can only be used to fulfill a {C} requirement for an attack.

Back