Collecting Collecting Cards of Certain Types or Pokemon

I'm trying to build a "Pokedex" of cards, lol. Including alternate forms like Megas, the promo Arceuses (Arcei?), and alphabet soup. I'm about 75% of the way there, species-wise, but only have 3 Megas and 5 Neo-era Unowns.

Other than that, though, my main goal is to get my hands on every Lati@s card ever printed...I managed to get the two holos from the Theater Limited VS Pack without having to pay an insane amount of money for them, but I don't think there's gonna be any way to get around the harsh reality of the two Gold Stars on my list, especially since I'm still in college full-time. :eek:
I managed to get all 4 variants of the Tag Team in one fell swoop on eBay, for way less money than I would've spent otherwise, so that's fun. Same story with the (JPN) 10th Movie Commemoration pair, I got them both at once for less than 50% of the market rate.

So far I've got 25 unique Lati@s cards but that's, like, not even halfway...:confused:

@ArDee your growing Latios collection sounds awesome! I'm glad you found a great deal for all the Tag Team and movie commemoration cards. I got the rainbow rare Tag Team card from a Team-Up Elite Trainer Box a while back, and it's beautiful.

Good luck with building the rest of your collection!

My and my bro is collecting all the english eeveelution, previously we planned to get each version but as we live outside of the US, the collection would exclude all those special stamped card as it's hard to get them.. (Still missing quite a few of the first edition and the hard to get reverse e-series eevee)..

Personally i also collect the kingdra line (I'm only missing some of the newer one (too lazy to hunt down them atm) and the battle stadium one(we bough the battle stadium before but I didn't planned this kingdra collection at the time we dispose our ex-series card, luckyly we retained the eevee and espeon)

I'm trying to build a "Pokedex" of cards, lol. Including alternate forms like Megas, the promo Arceuses (Arcei?), and alphabet soup. I'm about 75% of the way there, species-wise, but only have 3 Megas and 5 Neo-era Unowns.

Just curious which version of each card you decided to adopt to your dex, I dreamt to make my own, but my ideal collection would be the first print of each card and since the base era card are super expensive, I don't know If my dream would ever came true

Just curious which version of each card you decided to adopt to your dex, I dreamt to make my own, but my ideal collection would be the first print of each card and since the base era card are super expensive, I don't know If my dream would ever came true
For the sake of my wallet I'm just collecting whatever card of each species I happen to come across, with special exceptions made for pokemon that I really like and decide to actively seek out (costs permitting.) (RC22 Reshiram, for instance).

@ArDee your growing Latios collection sounds awesome! I'm glad you found a great deal for all the Tag Team and movie commemoration cards. I got the rainbow rare Tag Team card from a Team-Up Elite Trainer Box a while back, and it's beautiful.

Good luck with building the rest of your collection!
Thanks! Things are coming along nicely. Recently picked up the following:
  • The reverse rare (is there not a proper holo? I couldn't seem to find one) Latias from Unified Minds
  • A package deal on all three Latios-GX from Unified Minds
  • Delta Species 8/113 Latias (the electric/steel one)
  • XY65 Latios Holo
  • XY72 Latios-EX
  • Latios-EX Plasma Freeze (regular version. fullart one is on the list but is suuuper pricey)
  • SM88 Latios
  • regular & fullart Latios-EX from Roaring Skies
This puts me at 36/63 for all the Lati@s cards currently printed. Unfortunately things start becoming an uphill battle from this point price-wise, from the Heroes DVD Promo cards all the way up to the Gold Stars. I'm both hoping for and dreading the release of shiny variants of Latios&Latias-GX and Latios-GX...

All of them are, of course, decked out in the grey-bordered Latios&Latias sleeves from Pokecenter Japan:
JPEG_20190926_140119.jpg

Last edited:
For the sake of my wallet I'm just collecting whatever card of each species I happen to come across, with special exceptions made for pokemon that I really like and decide to actively seek out (costs permitting.) (RC22 Reshiram, for instance).

Your card dex must look colourful .. do you use the ex/*/shiny or all of them are normal version?.. Would love to see them

I'm namely a collector of the first two Gen cards that originally came out back so long ago, but I will collect other cards too if they capture my fancy. As for types, Dark-type PoKémon are my absolute favorite of them all. And now that I know they are making Fairy and Dragon type cards, I might look into collecting them if enough of them catch my attention. My 2nd favorite kind of card to collect are promo cards, ones with ties to the movies and special events. And my 3rd favorite kind to look for is Psychic-types.

Since I find it hard to upload most pics here, you can all check out a portion of my collection on my Instagram, magickerebus9123, if anyone happens to be interested. Only have a few pics up but will be uploading more too in the future.

Thanks! Things are coming along nicely. Recently picked up the following:
  • The reverse rare (is there not a proper holo? I couldn't seem to find one) Latias from Unified Minds
  • A package deal on all three Latios-GX from Unified Minds
  • Delta Species 8/113 Latias (the electric/steel one)
  • XY65 Latios Holo
  • XY72 Latios-EX
  • Latios-EX Plasma Freeze (regular version. fullart one is on the list but is suuuper pricey)
  • SM88 Latios
  • regular & fullart Latios-EX from Roaring Skies
This puts me at 36/63 for all the Lati@s cards currently printed. Unfortunately things start becoming an uphill battle from this point price-wise, from the Heroes DVD Promo cards all the way up to the Gold Stars. I'm both hoping for and dreading the release of shiny variants of Latios&Latias-GX and Latios-GX...

All of them are, of course, decked out in the grey-bordered Latios&Latias sleeves from Pokecenter Japan:
JPEG_20190926_140119.jpg

Nice to see that you made some additions to your collection! I love the Latios and Latias sleeves.

I recently bought a first edition Japanese Expedition Poliwag card, I'm now on the lookout for a Japanese Poliwrath holo card - also from Expedition.

@McKendra9123 I like the variety in your collecting goals, the pictures of your cards look great!

Poliwhirl is a great favourite to have, I love Poliwhirl :) Personally I'm far too indecisive about my card organising so I pretty much just constantly flip-flop, pokedex order, set order, by pokemon, by print variation, you name it, I've not had the patience to stick with it haha.

I know what you mean. I have a general pokecard dex. It even has what I call an 'in memorium' section which are cards that started out one type and became another (like Dratini/Dragonair being colorless types until Dragon Majesty came out or Clefairy/Clefable being normal types until XY came out.) Only cards missing from it are ones that haven't been printed like megas or alternate types. Then in back of that are full arts, shining Pokemon and the like, followed by EX's/GX's that aren't part of the main dex. And they're all holo or reverse holo unless a card doesn't exist in that form. This is however the most consistent I've been for a while, for the longest time I didn't have an organizational style. Used to do sets until they became too expensive.

My Mrs recently started a collection of Eevee and the Eeveelutions and she's really enjoying that!

I have a separate binder for Pikachu's, Raichu's, Eevee and its evolutions, starters, and legendaries. Always fun to do.

Back