RSE/FRLG Cobalt's Adventures (Nuzlocke Challenge) | Chapter 5 is up

BenjaminLDuco

Aspiring Trainer
Well I thought I should just post up my nuzlocke challenge up here on PokéBeach, I will be changing the story up a bit to make it more interesting for the readers and so it isn't the same thing you've read over and over again. Things will be altered from the game a bit to make the stories well more story like, the Pokémon I catch are still the first pokemon I find just the way I encounter them or catch them in story will be tweaked to sound like a good story.

I'm starting off on Fire Red (If I pass Fire Red I will proceed onto Platinum, then Emerald, then Soul Silver, and finally White)

Nuzlocke Challenge Rules:

1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead (I will be permanently boxing Pokémon in a box labeled DEAD)
2. I can only catch the first Pokémon I encounter on a route, if I knock it out or run away or if it's the same species of Pokémon that I all ready have it cannot be caught. (This rule will go in effect once I get my 5 Poké Balls)
3. Nicknames are a must
(I may add more rules if I feel more confident I will also put what chapter I add a rule in)

Here's my character Cobalt as he adventures through Kanto and is determined to finally beat Maroon (My Rival) at something.

Prolouge: The Night Before
This month was probably the worst and best all in one. I’m glad that I get to finally start my journey, but there was a major downfall to it. Let me start off by introducing myself. The name’s Cobalt. I’m seventeen. You heard me correctly, seventeen. I know people usually start their grand journey at like ten or thirteen, but it’s not my fault. I was held back. To be quite honest I didn’t mind waiting though. Taking care of my father was more important. You see, my father was very ill for the past few years, and I wasn’t going to leave him behind. Sure, he would’ve had my mother, but they both needed me. Sadly, he passed not too long ago, but before he left us, he said one thing to me. “Adventure. Make me proud.” From that moment I vowed to start my journey as soon as possible to make him proud.

My mother was distraught when my father had passed on. The only thought that made her feel better was that he was no longer in pain. He was finally resting in peace. Well enough with this depressive stuff, my mom was actually quite supportive of my decision to go out and journey. Something tells me the only reason she was fine with it was because it was my father’s last wish.

I wanted to get this whole leaving home thing done and over with so it wasn’t as painful for the both of us. So I decided to leave the night prior to getting my starter Pokemon. I wanted to see if I could actually handle myself away from home.

I started packing a spare change of clothes into a backpack, my mom came up to my room and started to tear up.

“So this is really it?” She asked, as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“I guess so, I’ll be back mom.” I smiled trying to get her in a better mood. “I won’t be gone forever.”

“I know but I wasn’t expecting you to be leaving so soon.” She started to pull something from behind her back pocket. “I was going through some of your father’s old things and I found these.” She handed me an old potion and a badge case.

“I didn’t know dad had this stuff!” I took the gifts from my mother and placed them in my bag. I noticed she wasn’t crying anymore. The smile must have worked.

My mother then took a seat on my bed and said “Adventuring was something you’re father always wanted to do, he couldn’t wait to adventure by your side.”

“I know mom, I’m old enough to do this alone now, and I’m still doing it for the both of us.” I walked over to her, sat down and gave her a big ole hug. “I love you mom, I promise to come back as soon as I can.”

“I know you will son. I love you too. Just try not to get hurt, I would be devastated.”

“I won’t,” I said smiling again. “I’ll call you when I get to Viridian City.” I gave her one more huge hug and proceeded down the stairs and out of the house. “Man it’s dark out here, maybe this wasn’t such a good idea… Don’t be such a baby Cobalt you can handle this.” I walked a little north from my home and decided to set up camp here, besides if anything goes wrong I can sprint on home.

Okay, stop thinking in your head that I’m a little baby, this is my first night away from home and it’s out in the dark, alone, with no Pokémon yet. I can’t wait for tomorrow. I can’t stop thinking about which starter I will choose, I guess I can sleep on it.

Chapter 1: A Fiery Journey Begins
“CRAP! WHAT TIME IS IT?” Grabbing my backpack I start walking towards Pallet Town. “I hope there are some Pokémon left, I can’t believe I overslept, I need to get an alarm clock” I look to my left then right and see a bunch of wild Pokémon just staring at me. I drop my head and look down *Sigh* “This is just wanted I needed” I can hear some Ratata rustling out of the grass, and I hear shouts from afar.

“Hey! Get out from over there!”

I noticed that it was a grey haired man that was shouting, that could only be one person, Professor Oak. “Hey Professor!” I wave to him and I feel something scratch at my leg. “ Ow! Stop it!” It was the Ratata from before.”

“It would be smart to run if you have no Pokemon!”

“Running, right.” I wiggle the Pokemon off my leg and storm away from the trees. As I do this I hear Pidgey chasing me, all I can think is wow, some Pokémon are just rude. For some reason as soon as I get near the professor the Pokémon leave me alone. “What’s your secret?” I ask with a confused look upon my face.

“I don’t shout in the middle of a forest where Pokémon are sleeping.”

“But you were shouting at me when I… nevermind I have something more important to ask of you, do you still have any starters left?” My stomach starts to feel full of butterflies, I can’t believe I might finally get to start my journey.

“Of course, we’ve been waiting for you to stop by and I thought I should look for you. Your mother said you were out camping for the night. I had a hunch you weren’t too far away. Follow me.”

We arrive to the lab in less than a few minutes, and then I started thinking to myself We, who the heck is we? As we approach the back of the lab I see him, Maroon. This kid was the worst, all the girls always wanted to sit by him, hangout with him, and listen to his awesome stories, while I was the loner, I never really had friends, wasn’t too much of a people person. The main reason was because of Maroon, him and his stupid blonde hair, blue eyes, tan skin, and muscles. He was everything a girl could want, and worst of all he always was able to one up me. “Fricken awesome.” I mumble to myself.

“Hey Cobalt, nice seeing you again.” He says sarcastically. “I’ve already chosen my Pokémon, say hi to my Squirtle.” I see a little blue turtle thing running around him. “He’s very energetic and I’m sure he is tougher than whatever Pokémon you chose.”

“So you two know each other, and it sounds like you have a bit of a rivalry already. Looks like you two have some goals in mind already. Cobalt I have Baulbasaur the grass Pokémon, and a Charmander who is a…”

“Fire type, I know, and that’s who I’m choosing. Maroon I’m challenging you to a Pokémon battle.” Maroon thinks he’s better than me and I won’t let him think so. I walk over to the table containing 2 Pokéballs. “Which one is it?” I ask.

“The one on the far left.” Replies the Professor “Are you sure you want him? Charmander has a weakness to water and Squirtle is a water type.”

“I know, but I think Charmander will have a fiery personality and I need a Pokémon like that, one who will never give up.” I grab the Poké Ball and toss it up in the air, “Come on out Charcoal!” The Charmander beams out of the Poké Ball and turns back at me with a questioning look. I crouch down and pet Charmander on the head. “I hope you don’t mind if I call you Charcoal. “ I smile and stand up.

“Char.” Charcoal gives me a big smile, he seems to like the name.

“Charcoal I’m going to need you to try your hardest, we’re about to take on a Squirtle.” Charcoal nods and looks at the Squirtle standing across from us.

“All right, Cobalt, I’ll take you on. There’s no doubt I’ll win.”

“Let’s do this! Charcoal use Scratch!” As I give out this command he bursts into a sprint charging towards Squirtle and scratches the Squirtle legs, it’s a direct hit. Squirtle seems to have taken a big hit and falls to the ground and I know I’ve got this in the bag.

“No, Squirtle get up and tackle him!” As instructed he stands back up.

“Charcoal, use scratch again!”

Both Pokemon charge at each other, but only one attack goes through and it’s Squirtle’s tackle, Charcoal flys back towards me and hits the ground pretty hard.

“Charcoal, are you okay! Get up, you got this!” He pushes himself and flicks out his nails so they seem longer. “Alright good now use scratch again, full force!”

Charcoal now runs towards the Squirtle and jumps in the air, landing in front of him and lets out a strong scratch that throws Squirtle into Maroon’s arms.

“Squirtle is unable to battle, Cobalt wins!” One of the aides announces.

“Yes!” I shout and I can't help myself from jumping into the air throw my arms up as well. “Charcoal you did great. Return.” I point the PokeBall towards him and he beams back into the ball. “I can’t wait to see how you improve next time Maroon.” I say sarcastically.

“Squirtle return, you deserve to rest. Cobalt we won’t take it so easy on you next time. You better watch out.” He turns around and says a few things to the professor and receives something else from him, and then he is on his way out.

Oak begins to walk towards me and begins to speak “That was amazing, I’m sure you will do great. After watching that battle I had a great idea I want you to help me collect data of all the Pokémon in the world.” He pulls out a small red handheld machine and 5 other Poké Balls. “ This is what you will record your data on it’s a PokéDex and here are some Poké Balls so you may begin catching some Pokemon, I know this is a big favor to ask but if you want to beat Maroon at something it looks like this might be it, although he does have a head start on you.”

“What!? Are you kidding me!” I snatch the things from his hands and I put the Poké Balls on my belt and the PokéDex in my my pocket. “Sorry but I got to get started.” I say as I burst out of the lab and wave behind me. As I do this I hear Professor Oak laughing to himself as he says “Kids these days.”
(I skipped over getting the parcel cause I felt it was un-needed I also by this time have my Charmander at level 8)

My Team at this point:
004.gif
Charcoal (Charmander) ♂ Lv 8

Chapter 2: Stumbling through Routes
I finally get to start my journey and I’m really glad I have a Charmander at my side to help me. I feel his Poké Ball begin to shake off my belt and he stumbles out of it. “Ummm Charcoal you kind of need to stay in your Poké Ball.

He shakes his head and crosses his arms. “Char Char! Char Char Charmander (I want to travel with you, not stay contained in a Poké Ball.)” He then climbs up and sits on my shoulder.

“I get it, hahaha, just be careful and don’t burn me with your tail.” I smile and pat his head. Ahead of us I see route one and hear the sounds of many Rattata and Pidgey carried on the wind.

"Hey, mister!"

"Oh great, all I want is food not a battle." I look and I see a man with a box and on it is printed PokéMart. "Hmm I wonder what he wants.

"Good afternoon my good sir. I'm here promoting our PokéMart over in Viridian city, here is a Potion"

"Uhh Thanks" I hesitantly grab the gift from him and put it in my bag and begin to walk away from the guy and I run deeper onto the Route. "That was weird, I hope that wasn't poisoned." I begin to feel something shaking in my bag. "Hey Char get out of my bag you're gonna burn it." I feel tugging on my leg and realize that Charcoal is on the ground. "What the...!?" I slip my backpack off and toss it [to the ground,] and out creeps a Rattata. "You're a sneaky critter aren't you? Charcoal let's teach this Pokémon a lesson, Use scratch!" As Charmander charges towards the Rattata I sprint and grab my backpack. "Poké Ball GO!" I toss a Poké Ball at the wild Rattata and the ball shakes for a bit and then stops and makes a weird noise. "YES! I caught my first Pokémon. All of you are jealous!" As soon as I say this I look around and thankfully no one was around. I pick up the Poké Ball and begin to walk towards what looks to be a city. "Charcoal that was awesome, now we got another partner, I think we'll name it Sneaky." Charmander nods in agreement. "I think we should stop by the Pokémart, I feel like we may need some potions and Poké Balls just in case something happens."

019.gif
Sneaky (Rattata) ♀ Lv 3

As we walk into the city the first place we end up going to is the PokéCenter. I walk over to the PC and call the Professor and I ask him to relay a message to my mother to let her know I'm fine. Apparently she stopped by the lab and asked him to give me $3000 so he sends it through the magicness that is ATM's (This was my way of incorporating the first $3000 you get)

We then head on over to the PokéMart, walking through the aisles I grab 6 Poké Balls and 5 Potions. As I start to walk to the cashier I hear someone say "Yea my Pokémon nearly died, I'm glad I got to the PokéCenter in time, I'll never go through the Viridian Forest without Antidotes again." Antidotes, huh, I guess I should be safer than sorry, I can't believe their Pokémon almost died. I grab 3 Antidotes and the total comes out to $3000 exactly. "Thanks" I grab the bag of stuff and neatly organize everything into my bag.

"There's not much to do in this city, I think it's best to just move on" So Charcoal and I head on to Route 22. "Do you think this is the wrong way Charcoal?" We walk into some huge patches of grass and there are some really loud swooping noises around us.

"Char Char (I don't think so)"

These noises are freaking me out, I can't show that I'm scared though, I need to be a role-model for Charcoal I shake my head of the thoughts and send out Sneaky to fall back a bit. "Show yourself!" I shout out to the creature and it appears

"Spear!" It screeches as it swoops down on us.

"Sneaky! Tackle it!"

"Ratta!" Sneaky charges out and hits the Spearow out of the sky and into an open field.

"Good job! Once more!"

"Tata!" It squeeks out and charges towards the tiny bird again. Spearow tries to get out of the way but is still hit by the tackle

"All right now it's my turn! Poké Ball Go! " I throw it towards the Spearow and for some reason the ball cannot keep him contained. "Huh, your strong-willed, you don't want to be caught do ya?"

"Spear Spearow. (No I just need help)" It shakes his head and symbolizes it wants to train by pecking the air in random directions.

"I think I can help you but it'll come with a price. I get to call you Fear and you should stick with me for a bit."

"Spearow. (Fine)" It drops its head down and then glares at me.

021.gif
Fear (Spearow) ♂ Lv 5

We begin training and I help Charcoal get stronger and Sneaky as well. (By this time all 3 Pokémon are level 10) As we travel on we encounter someone who I would rather not see. "Maroon! Great to see ya." I wave to him trying to keep a smile.

"Hey loser. It's pointless to continue" He flips his hair out of his eyes.

"What? Why?" He's probably gonna try to keep something a secret from me

"You need badges to continue. All eight, so it's pointless cause I highly doubt that you have any."

"HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT!"

"Well because I don't have any yet and you're worse than I am."

"Says the guy who lost to me."

"I took it easy on you, let's battle right here, right now!" He tosses a ball up in the air. "Pidgey come on out!"

"A pidgey, hmm. I got this. Fear, this is your time to shine!"

The little bird flies on by. "Spearow!"

"Fear use Peck!" Fear looks a lot buffer than he did before and his speed has definitely increased. His attack lands with ease.

"Pidgey! Tackle, and try not to get hit next time!" Pidgey comes back and hits Spearow hard, it looked to be critical but Fear lashes back with another Peck. The Pidgey falls from the sky and is knocked out. "Weak, you'll need to strengthen up Pidgey. Squirtle show them how its done."

"Squirtle Squirt."

Fear came down and started to take control of the battle using peck getting a critical on Squirtle. Unfortunately the tiny turtle came out of no where with amazing strength tackling Fear out of the sky.

"Fear fall back! Charcoal finish this!"

Charcoal ran towards Squirtle using scratch and surpisingly knocking it out with just one turn. "Good job Charcoal." I run on over towards Fear and help him back up and heal him with a Potion. "I'm sure you'll do fine now, you took on two Pokémon, you're way stronger now than you were before. It was fine training with ya bud" (In game Spearow is knocked out this is my way of releasing him) With that said Spearow took off, I'm sure he'll be scaring trainers again in no time and actually take them down as well.

"Well wasn't that sweet," Maroon said sarcastically. "I don't care that I lost, it just means I'll need to get stronger, I will get all the badges and I will become Champion before you Cobalt. Smell ya later."

I don't think I've seen anyone sprint away faster than he did, well I guess I wouldn't want to be attacked by wild Pokémon either oh well it looks like we're going back to the city. We stop by the PokéCenter once more to rest up, I think North will be a good choice to start traveling. As I step outside I notice a Gym off to the distance. "Gym Badges, I guess this is where we'll get our first one" Walking towards it, there's some old man walking away from the gym and it looks as if there is something covering the whole front door.

"Hey kid are you planning on battling this gym leader?"

"Uh yeah, why?"

"I would try again later, he isn't he, hasn't been here for awhile. In the mean time I can show you some pretty nifty things about catching some Pokémon though." He smiles at this chance and how can I say no. He seemed so joyful. We run into a wild pokemon and he does what he said he would do, although I didn't learn anything new from this experience I feel like I let the old man relive his younger years. I then proceed onto Route 2 and it feels like the wind is picking up as we get closer to the forest. "Where is this coming from"

"Charman Char. (This isn't natural)"

We begin to walk into dense grass again and the wind has become unbearable, for some reason it seems to be brighter from where the wind is coming from. "Okay! Enough is enough, I have a feeling this is something else. Charcoal use Ember!" I pointed above the grass and straight in front of us.

"Char! Mander!" With his shout released fire that seemed to hit something but some of the fire flew back almost hitting me and Charcoal.

"Woah I didn't even know you could do that yet." I gave him a weird look and noticed something falling. "Was that a Pokémon?" I ran over to the area where the Pokémon had fallen and it started to get back up, it seemed to be a Pidgey but something was different this Pidgey wasn't brown it was yellow. (This is what I get for giving up on trying to get a shiny Charmander, I'm just thankful it was the first pokemon I encountered on Route 2) "Poké Ball... I say this too often." I throw the Poké Ball at the Pidgey and luckily with no resistance it is caught. "Yes! I need to ask Oak about this."

(The actual battle consisted of 1 scratch and a Poké Ball)

016.png
Sunny (Pidgey) ♀ Lv 3

I send out my new Pidgey and heal it up with a Potion. "From now I'm gonna call you Sunny, now where are some good places to camp for the night?" The Pidgey seems to know the place quite well and brings us to a building right before the Viridian Forest "I didn't even see this here, looks like we get shelter for the night." Sunny is returned and Charcoal get to sleep on some nice beds. Thankfully whatever Charcoal is sleeping on is fireproof.

My Team At This Point
016.png
Sunny (Pidgey) ♀ Lv 3
019.gif
Sneaky (Rattata) ♀ Lv 10
004.gif
Charcoal (Charmander) ♂ Lv 12

Chapter 3: Forest Of Death and a Rocky Tomb
"Hey Charcoal get up." I slide out of bed and nudge Charcoal, after gathering up my stuff and actually getting Charcoal awake we head on into the forest. This place has some really dense trees, you can barely see outside of here. Walking around we encounter a small Caterpie who seems to be training.

"Sneaky come on out" I toss her ball in the air and she comes out. "I want to catch the Pokémon and you're gonna help me all right?" Sneaky nods and quietly goes closer to the green caterpillar. "Alright now! Tackle!" Rattata jumped into the Caterpie knocking it on it's side. I throw a Poké ball at her and it's caught. "Come on out! How do you like the name Faith?"

"Cater pie. (Sounds nice)"

I set my stuff down and heal up Faith.

"Hey! So you think you caught something good? Ha! That Caterpie is way weaker than my Weedle. I challenge you let's see who can get their caterpiller Pokémon stronger."

"I accept your challenge! No one calls my Pokémon weak! Come on guys let's go!" I turn away from Sammy and walk off with Charcoal, Sneaky, and Faith.

We met up with a few trainers who we battled. I learn that flying Pokémon have an advantage over bug Pokémon but sadly to figure this out Sunny was posioned, thankfully I had antidotes to cure her, and during one of the battles Faith had evolved. I feel like I will definitely be beating Sammy's Caterpie.

011.gif
Faith (Metapod) ♀ Lv 7

We continue battling and Charcoal learned how to use metal claw after using a very strong scratch. Faith has gotten fairly stronger since her evolution and we decide to look for Sammy again. Wait is that him? I turn a corner in this thick forest and sure enough I hear him shout

"Hey kid! You ready to lose yet!?"

"Are you serious? You haven't even seen how strong we got, Faith show him what you got!" Faith jumps out from one of the trees hardening as she lands.

He is no longer smirking instead his jaw drops. "It evolved." He shakes his head. "It doesn't matter we'll still win, Weedle use posion sting!" A bright colored needle shoot out of his horn and directly hits Faith.

"Alright Faith shake it off! Use Tackle!" I hate to admit this but Faith doesn't look to great his attack lands perfectly but I feel like she is also being hurt.

"Weedle Poison Sting once more!"

"Faith Dodge it and Tackle him!"

Both Pokemon fall down. I walk over to Faith to see if it still gets up and I hear Sammy return his Pokémon. "Hey Faith you did good." I can feel my face getting wet from my tears they roll down and fall onto Faith. I feel the cocoon start to shake and something is bursting out of it. "Faith?" I set the cocoon on the ground and it cracked in two and something new appeared.

012.gif
Faith (Butterfree) ♀ Lv 10

"That's a Butterfree! Wow good job I was expecting to be stronger than you but you evolved your Caterpie into a Butterfly all in one area. I will just have to work harder. See ya!"

"Well Faith you look amazing, I thought you had left us all." I return Faith and Sneaky. I allow Charcoal to continue to travel on foot as usual. The forest exit came up sooner than expected. Leaving the forest I felt relieved to have survived the trip, it didn't take us long to get to Pewter City. I did my usual here healing up my Pokémon at the PokéCenter and purchasing some more potions and Poké Balls from the PokéMart. After walking out of the PokéMart I walked to the gym and stepped inside.

"So you want to challenge Brock?"

"Um is he the gym leader?"

"Oh wow. Yes he is, if you want to battle him you gotta get through me first!"

"All right whatever. Charcoal you know what to do."

"Char Char."

Needless to say Charcoal swept through this trainer and we went to Brock now.

"Another challenger, can I ever get a break?"

"Heh, I'm sorry, your name's Brock right? If you want we can reschedule this." I didn't mind too much, but I was hoping I could get these badges faster to beat Maroon.

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure this will be quick, come on out Geodude."

Some one is very cocky I heal up charcoal and he runs out to the field. "Alright Faith come on out!" She flys around the air circling the Geodude. "Hmm I wonder if your strong enough for this... Faith use confusion!" With success she pulls off the attack striking the Geodude.

"Geodude don't give up use tackle!"

I wonder if he even has any rock type moves. "Faith use confusion and finish this up!" She does as told and the Geodude falls face first.

"All right onix come on out! Rock Tomb!"

"Faith Dodge it!" Faith nearly dodges the attack. "Return! Charcoal your up! Metal Claw!"

"Onix let's try this again. Finish this with Rock Tomb!" Onix flicks huge boulders towards Charcoal this time my pokemon isn't so lucky instead he is hit head on by the boulders and is covered.

"Charcoal! Come on get out of there!" What seemed like hours to me was only seconds in real life, the rocks started to shake and light was appearing from cracks. Charcoal burst through the rocks using metal claw straight towards Onix and slicing his face. He goes into a flip and lands elegantly, soon after Onix falls crashing into the ground.

"Nicely done. Onix return. Hey kid what's your name?"

"My name is Cobalt."

"Well Cobalt congratulations on your win. Here's your badge and take this to, it's a TM that holds the knowledge to teach a Pokémon Rock Tomb, I'm sure you can use it at some point, it will be a great benefit, the next gym leader is in Cerulean City. Which is East from here, so good luck."

"Thanks Brock." I take the badge and the TM from Brock and leave the gym, upon leaving one of the professors aides talks to me and hands me a new pair of shoes sent from my mother. I grab them and put them on and they feel so awesome, it makes me wanna run all the time. I head into the next route and before I get to far I set up camp for the night and sleep until the next day.

My Team At This Point
012.gif
Faith (Butterfree) ♀ Lv 12
016.png
Sunny (Pidgey) ♀ Lv 12
019.gif
Sneaky (Rattata) ♀ Lv 12
004.gif
Charcoal (Charmander) ♂ Lv 14

Chapter 4: Mountain Crazy
I can't begin to explain how much training I've been going through since I woke up and starting venturing forth I'm sure many of my Pokémon are as tired as I am and I haven't encountered any new wild Pokémon that have caught my eye but I did end up spotting a PokéCenter to heal up at.

"So um Nurse Joy is it?"

"Yes is there anything else that I can help you with?"

"This seems kind of like a dead end. Did I miss something?"

"Don't worry about it hun, there is a cave that goes to another route where you can get to Cerulean city from."

"Oh wow, I can't believe I missed that. Thanks." I walked on out and noticed that the entrance wasn't to far off from the PokéCenter and now I feel kinda dumb for asking her to help me. Either way we enter the cave without hesitation.

Upon entering bats begin to fly out and one slaps me in the face and continues to swarm around me. "Charcoal knock it down with scratch, we're gonna catch this thing." Charcoal swats the bat down to the ground and I throw a Poké Ball at him capturing it. I send it back out and have a few words with it. "Okay you're mine now, I just have to ask was it necessary to slap me a bunch?"

"Zu Zu" He seems to ignore me but I notice his eyes aren't even there.

"You just judge things by sound don't you, you're blind, hmmm I'm gonna call you Nightlock, you're kinda stuck with no sight, always in the dark. We're going to have to teach you some respect for people as well. I hope you don't mind" I return him to his new home and continue walking.

041.gif
Nightlock (Zubat) ♂ Lv 9

It seems like we've been in here forever we've ran into a bunch of people who share our pain, I'm just glad Charcoal likes to travel outside of his Poké Ball. I'd be blind without him. I'm hoping we've finally hit the right way, I feel like I'm about to pass out. I look ahead and see a light and start running towards it when I hear some one say, "Hey you need to turn around this exit is closed down."

"What! You're kidding me why would it be closed?" This guy is sketchy who wears all black with a red R on their shirt?

"It just is kid now go away."

There was another voice I heard, it sounded like someone screaming for help. I knew at this point this guy was up to no good. "All right tell me who you really are or I'm gonna have to force it out of you." I didn't like threatening people but if I had to I would.

"I'm apart of Team Rocket! I'll take you on any day. Ratata, Zubat, attack!"

"Two versus one how is that fair? Whatever Charcoal Ember on Zubat then Metal Claw on Rattata."

With super speed Charcoal shot out an Ember at the Zubat burning it to a crisp, then striking down the Rattata with furious swipes of metal. Right after KOing the enemies Charmander began to glow.

"I'm guessing now would be the perfect time to get out of here." With those words he scurried on out of the cave."

005.gif
Charcoal (Charmeleon) ♂ Lv 16

"Charcoal! You evolved! High five!" He kind of just stares at me then gives me a high five, something I wish we didn't do since he is considerable strong. I shake off the pain and walk towards where I heard the cries from before. I see a man who's tied up, I can't do anything but help him, I mean who wants to be tied up in a creepy dark cave.

"Thanks for the help, I want to reward you with something but I need to see if you're worthy first. Let's Battle!"

"If you really want to but I'm warning you I'm quite a good trainer if I do say so myself."

He sends out his Pokémon but are quickly swept by Charcoal who is now proudly a Charmeleon.

"So what was this reward?" I ask really curious at this moment.

"There are two stones up there Team Rocket was trying to steal these from me but thanks to you they are no longer bothering me. So go ahead and take one, I'll take the other."

I walk on over to the stones and take a glance at them. This one doesn't really look like anything, and this one looks like a sea shell. I grab a stone as instructed and the scientist walks on over. "That is a Helix Fossil, it use to be an Omanyte, you left me with the Dome Fossil which use to be a Kabuto. There is some research being done at Cinnabar Island, they're trying to bring fossilized Pokémon. You might want to check it out, and by the way the exit is right up ahead. I'll see you another time."

"Thanks" I couldn't help but wonder if we would actually ever see each other or if he was just saying that. An Omanyte, huh I wonder what he looks like, how awesome would that be to have an ancient Pokémon on my team. As we climb out of the cave I can here two men arguing. Once I'm out I can finally hear what they're arguing about, its something about punches and kicks. I try to sneak by but they see me and charge towards me and Charcoal.

"Hey kid what's better punches?"

"Or Kicks?"

"I don't know, I've never been in a fight, I would probably throw punches."

"That doesn't help us. Hmmmm I have an idea. How about we teach your Pokémon Mega Punch and Mega Kick!"

How am I suppose to deny free moves, I can't really I'm sure these buff guys would beat me up if I say no so I instantly say "Sure why not, Charcoal I'm sure you can totally get these moves down." Charcoal runs up to the men and it doesn't take long for him to get these new moves down. "Thanks guys!" I begin to run with Charcoal and I can hear them shouting again but it's towards me now.

"Wait which is better!?" The both shout in unison.

I jump over a ledge and I get clear from their sights. Well that was close" I hear hissing and look at the ground that I just jumped into and notice a whole bunch of wild snakes. "AAHHHHH!" I shout as I toss a Poké Ball in the air, it wouldn't hurt to catch one but they're kinda freaking me out. I start running forward and notice the ball I threw has actually caught an Ekans I snatch it from the ground and Charcoal and I sprint out of the grass.

023.gif
Slither (Ekans) ♂ Lv 6

Well looks like I have a full team now, I can't believe it's only been a few days and I've all ready made it this far. We continue down the route and the great Cerulean City stands before us. I wonder what shall be in store for us next.

My Team At This Point
023.gif
Slither (Ekans) ♂ Lv 6
041.gif
Nightlock (Zubat) ♂ Lv 15
019.gif
Sneaky (Rattata) ♀ Lv 16
012.gif
Faith (Butterfree) ♀ Lv 16
016.png
Sunny (Pidgey) ♀ Lv 16
005.gif
Charcoal (Charmeleon) ♂ Lv 18

Chapter 5: Oh No Mr. Bill!
Walking into the city I couldn't help myself, I had to check the whole city out. The usual things were here, a PokéCenter, a PokéMart, and a Gym. I did notice a few interesting things here like a bike store, some guy who wanted a Poliwhirl for a Jynx, unfortunately I didn't have one, and there was also a girl witha disobedient Slowbro which was pretty entertaining to watch. I went back to the bike store to see if I could buy one. Turn out the guy wants $1,000,000 for a stinkin piece of metal with w rubber circles attached to it.

After being dissapointed with this new I go back to the PokéCenter and hel up my Pokémon. [I guess now would be best to call Professor Oak about Sunny[/I] I walk over to the PC and ring up his labe and sure enough he answers.

"Hello Cobalt, how's our PokéDex coming along?"

"It's coming along." I haven't seen many Pokémon so this was a tiny lie but oh well. :I was actually calling you about my Pidgey, Sunny." I send Sunny out so the Professor can tak a look at her discoloration.

"I've seen this before, we call these Pokémon 'Shiny.' The only different with your Pidgey is it's color, the only conclusion we could come to is this was a recesive gene in the Pokémon that has come out. No need to worry."

"Hmm interesting, thanks Professor. Oh and let my Mom know I've made it safe to Cerulean City."

"no problem, while your there you should visit an old friend there, his name is Bill, he created the system where you can store your Pokémon if you ever catch more than six. He should be somewhat North of that PokéCenter."

"'ll do that, thanks for the heads up. I'll be able to get more training in before this gym. See ya Professor." I hang up the call after his good-bye and I walk on out of the PokéCenter and head North as instructed. I get to see my most facorite person in the world, I always feel like I'm always one step behinf him. "Hey Maroon, how are you doing?"

"Better than you, I've been strengthening my Pokémon. How about a battle Cobalt?" He sends out his Pidgeotto.

"Are you sure you want to get crushed?" Charcoal steps forwards and spits fire on the ground, taunting Pidgeotto.

"Pidgeotto use Quick Attack!" His bird Pokémon spirals towards Charcoal and without command he dodges it.

"Nice move buddy! Now use Mega Punch!" Charcoal dashes towards the Pokémon and jumps forcing his clenched fist into the bird.

"Pidgeotto use gust, aim for his tail!"

His tail? Why his... No! "Charcoal get out of the wat!: Charcoal hesitates and the wind almost blows away the flame. Without a flame on his tail Charcoal can die... "All right Charcoal be careful it's all or nothing, Mega Kick!" Charcoal wags his tail to brighten up the flame and then charges at the bird throwing his foot up into it's face, almost missing. "Good job Charcoal return." Charcoal doesn't resist the Poké Ball, he is too injured to journey on foot. "Faith come on out!"

"Squirtle it's your turn!" Maroon returns his knocked out Pokémon and send out his turtle.

"Faith let's make this quick, Sleep Powder!" The butterfly swoops over the turtle dropping seeds that puts the Pokémon to sleep. "Good now use Confusion!" Once the attack lands and hits Squirtle he seems to be in a deep nightmare.

"Squirtle wake up and use Bubble!" Squirtle opens his eyes at the sound of Maroons voice and shoots out water bubbles at Faith. As she is hit the water drags her down to the ground.

"Faith, come on, let's finish this with another Confusion!" She sends out waves towards Squirtle and I can tell she used all her power in this attack because the turtle falls face first. "Great job, return. Sneaky come on out!"

"Hmm this should be interesting. Rattata show him we're stronger!"

"Sneaky use Hyper Fang!" The little rat scurried over, then bit the enemy Rattata knocking it out with one hit. "Nice! Sneaky return, Sunny show em what you got."

"I'm on my last Pokémon, Abrea come on out, let's Teleport!"

"Teleport? Ha not so fast! Sunny use Gust to blow him away from Maroon! Then finish him with Quick Attack!" Pidgey thrust strong gusts at the Abra and right after swooped after it and took him out. Pidgey began to glow right after, turns out Pidgey was evoloving into Pidgeotto.

017.png
Sunny (Pidgeotto) ♀ Lv 18

"Maroon did you just try to run away? Am I actually beating you at something? By the way what a coward move, trying to take out Charcoal permenently. I'll see ya around." I couldn't bring myself to hear what he would say next, instead I sprinted North.

It's been about half an hour since I've seen Maroon now and I keep on getting into battles with trainers, thankfully Slither and Nightlock were in perfect condition they've been battling all the trainers I've encountered. Finally I see a roof to a house, his home is way back here, as I approach his home I hear something from afar.

"Hey! It's me, the kid from the forest!"

I turn around and surely I find the weedle kid charging towards me. "Umm hey, I don't think I properly introduced myself. I'm Cobalt."

"I'm Sammy, Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier, and sorry if I came off as rude, but I have a really big favor.

"What would that be?"

"Can you train my Kakuna? She was a Weedle when we met, it's just thwat, well I know she wants to be strong and my parents are stopping me from adventuring, they say it's too dangerous."

"But you made it all the way here in one piece."

"Well actually I live in Cerulean, I ran away and made it as far as the Viridian Forest, when they found me well, let's just say they weren't too happy with me. So will you do it?"

"Gladly." I smiled and took the Poké Ball. " Is it okay to call him Bee?"

"Sure she's your Pokémon now, see ya, take good care of her." (In game I actually caught a level 9 Kakuna on route 25, this was just a neat way to get it in the story)

014.gif
Bee (Kakuna) ♀ Lv 9

After our talk he runs back the way he came and I try to send out the new member of our team but the ball won't open. Oh wait I can only use six Pokémon, right. I stash the Poké Ball into my backpack separate from my supplies. I walk over to the house and knock on the door, no answer. I turn the knob and the door opens up. "Hello!?"

"Hi,"

Where'd that come from? I see a Pokémon known as Clefairy just staring at me. "Hey there Clefairy can you tell me where Bill is?"

"I am Bill." The tiny pink creature replies.

"Whaaa!?" I jump back and hide behind a chair. "How can you talk? Aren't you a Pokémon?"

"Hahaha, sorry. I kind of messed up an experiment. I didn't mean to scare you. Can you help me reverse this? All you have to do is hit run on that PC over there once I'm in the machine."

"Um.. Okay." I walk cautiously to the PC. I see him waddle into a huge machine and the doors close behind him and I click run on the PC. As I do the room flashes and all the power is only going to the machine and it glows brightly. As it powers down and the power is restored to the room the doors open and smoke comes out and Bill steps out of the doors. "So your Bill?"

"Why yes, yes I am. Thank you for your help. I wish there was some way I could repay you. Ah yes." He reaches into his desk and I take a step back. "Relax it's just a ticket to the S.S. Anne, there's a party I was invited to but I can't make it. You can have my ticket."

I reach out and take the ticket from him and put it into my pocket. "Thanks. Professor Oak sent me here, said I should meet the great mind behind the Pokémon storage system."

"Professor Oak, my old friend, literally, hahaha. Don't tell him I said that. Anyways why don't you stay the night so I can tell you all about how the system works."

"It is getting late, I guess I can do that. Thanks for offering me a place to stay." I put all my stuff away in his guest bedroom and we pretty much hang out the whole night talking about his discoveries and I learn a bunch of facts about Pokémon that I never knew before.

I can't wait for tomorrow, I get to battle Misty and I get my 2nd badge, hopefully. Look out Misty here I come.

My Team At This Point
019.gif
Sneaky (Rattata) ♀ Lv 18
023.gif
Slither (Ekans) ♂ Lv 20
041.gif
Nightlock (Zubat) ♂ Lv 20
012.gif
Faith (Butterfree) ♀ Lv 20
017.png
Sunny (Pidgeotto) ♀ Lv 21
005.gif
Charcoal (Charmeleon) ♂ Lv 22

Chapter 6: A Misty Win
Coming Soon

My Team
019.gif
Sneaky (Rattata) ♀ Lv 18
023.gif
Slither (Ekans) ♂ Lv 20
041.gif
Nightlock (Zubat) ♂ Lv 20
012.gif
Faith (Butterfree) ♀ Lv 20
017.png
Sunny (Pidgeotto) ♀ Lv 21
005.gif
Charcoal (Charmeleon) ♂ Lv 22

Boxed Pokemon
014.gif
Bee (Kakuna) ♀ Lv 9

Dead
021.gif
Fear (Spearow) ♂ Lv 10

RE: Cobalt's Adventures (Nuzlocke Challenge) Chapter 2 Is Up

*Update* I have Chapters 3 and 4 up but only part of the story is detailed and half is outlined still I will be editing the story. Then i will continue my game.

Do you guys like reading the story or would you rather just read the key points of my game?

RE: Cobalt's Adventures (Nuzlocke Challenge) Chapters 3 and 4 are up

I'm actually enjoying the story. It makes me want to start my nuzlocke run over again.

RE: Cobalt's Adventures (Nuzlocke Challenge) Chapter 5 is up

I'm not sure if I want to continue this story or not. I was enjoying the writing in the beginning, but school has decided to pile on homework onto me, ACT and PSAE were a few days ago and no we're testing and learning our last chapters quickly to review for Finals. If there are a lot of readers out there let me know and I'll try posting up chapters. but if no one responds I don't think it'll be a big deal to stop.

Let me know what ya think. Thanks everyone.

It'd be nice to see you finish, but if you don't feel like continuing, don't. You don't have to do anything you don't want to. :p

Unfortunately I won't be continuing this since I wasn't having as much fun as I thought I would, but I might be doing the ultimate monotype run. If I don't grizzly's is a good read do go check that out.

Back