Clear Sky Setups [DW]

How do you think this will do base on your outlook on what will be popular?

• It'll be in the runnings for competitive!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It needs more work to get the wins...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sylvosdono88

Ivorymaze's Gym Leader
Well, here's my team to be for the NA B/W days to come....

-------------------------------------------------------------
Xatu @ Light Clay
178.gif

<Magic Mirror> {Jolly}
252 SPE, 156 HP, 100 ATK
>> Reflect
>> Light Screen
>> Drill Peck
>> Thunderwave

+Lead Screener / Hazard Bouncer: ^_^
+Tought that speed investment is necessary to ensure screen set-up due to his frail stats.
+Drill Peck for 4x on other popular OU's (Breloom and Heracross).
+It was between confuse ray, thunderwave, and toxic- but most leads (assuming nattorei and sleep-gar becoming/staying popular) are immune to toxic, and confuse ray seems like more of gamble than gain.
+Having him survive the first round is great because if he's alive late game it makes your opponent think twice about setting up hazards later on.

Ninetales @ Leftovers
038.gif

<Drought> {Timid}
252 SPE, 252 HP, 4 SPA
>> Will-o-Wisp
>> Overheat
>> Solarbeam
>> Safeguard

+The center of the team: leftovers to keep its survivability for switching in high.
+Will-o-Wisp for nice ATK cuts with reflect.
+Overheat to make up for the lack of SPA focus.
+Safeguard to keep Beat up at 6 swings and prevent scary Toxic Stalls.

Shiftry @ Expert Belt
275.gif

<Chlorophyll> {Adamant}
252 ATK, 252 HP, 4 SPE
>> Beat Up
>> Bullet Seed
>> Brick Break
>> Rock Slide

+Substitute Buster: beat up's been revamped to have its power only involve the user's BASE ATK vs target's BASE DEF-
+Beat Up = Your base ATK / 10 + 5 *STAB *Power Modifier *Weakness/Resistance then hit = # of non-status'd pokemon in the team

$$ DMG Calc = ( {[(2 * ATK/5 + 2) * 100 *[(ATK/10)+5]/DEF] *Power MOD] / 50} +2 )* STAB *Weak/Resist * Random Fraction $$

It Ignores Natures, IVs, and EVs which is pretty interesting. Consider the low HP of Breloom, it can still invoke a flinch from him Sub-punching... assuming he's reckless and, with sub set up, goes for the hit instead of Sporing me.

+Bullet Seed has been upped to 25 per hit now, so the math can yield 100+ power after 3 hits with belt and STAB
+Rock Slide for the Flying and Ulgamoth it may revenge kill.
+Brick Break for the future onslaught of screens and TTars.

Houndoom @ Balloon
229.gif

<Flash Fire> {Timid}
252 SPE, 156 HP, 100 SPA
>> Nasty Plot
>> Dark Pulse
>> Fire Blast
>> Hidden Power (fighting)

+Primary Setup: Balloon helps rid of the entry issues and popular earthquakes that may be spammed.
+Hidden Power fighting-type because Heatran w/Balloon and TTar will be popular; need to make sure those Plots weren't wasted and get chased out.

Whimsicott @ Sitrus Berry
547.gif

<Teasing Heart> {Timid}
252 HP, 252 SPE, 4 DEF
>> Leech Seed
>> Swagger
>> Encore
>> Substitute

+Anti-Setup-Soldier / Sub-seeder: maxed speed because the fear of opposing priority 1 attacks from faster pokemon is probable if I don't invest (mach punch, ice shards, vacuum wave).
+Swagger to increase damage potential from pacifism.
+Sitrus Berry to keep up the stunt doubles from said acts of "pacifism" by ensuring when she swaps out, she'll have a decent amount to start with for a second switch in.
+Encore is how she'll setup for the team (locking pokemon in their stat-boosting moves)

Infernape @ Life Orb
392.gif

<Blaze> {Jolly}
252 ATK, 252 SPE, 4 HP
>> Mach Punch
>> Close Combat
>> Flare Blitz
>> Earthquake

+Avenger:Changed to life orb, for the extra multiplier in damage.
+Went to physical build to cover shandera.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{OVERVIEW}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Don't really like Charizard so didn't plan for him, though I'm sure solar power is useful.
Love Xatu over Exspeon, plus STAB flying and 0.25x to fighting is nice.

Weaknesses: Raw power dragons not using DD, a team of Stone Edge / Head Smash-ers, a team of Gale / Brave Bird-ers.

Hope you guys can point out more for me!

imres.jpg

"Yo0o0o0o0o0o0h~!"

I would give infernape life orb over bull's eye (the item puts the effect in you, not the foe you attack). I would also suggest trickery/foul play over beat up on shiftry. I also think erufuun should have leftovers instead of sitrus berry.

Hmm, I guess i misunderstood Bull's Eye- I'll fix that.

As for Shiftry, I chose beat up cause he's meant for sub-breaking (using multiple hits to break then flinch the sub-puncher). Besides there's only a 10% of a chance to run into a pokemon he has STAB against with higher BASE attack than he does- thus making foul play unecessary (if all members are healthy, i'm looking at 6 hits- if super effective = 330+ dmg when target's base defense is 80).

I'm on the fence about leftovers for erufuun because i want her to already have the hp needed for a second switch-in should they switch out realizing what i'm planning. I just need her twice at most in a match to set up my side - if it takes more than there's a good chance that i'm going to lose.

Thanks for the attention!

*fixes in italics*

Back