City Championships

PokeGuru

The loneliest hobo...
How is everyone doing in the CC series? What decks have you been seeing around?

In the UK, because of our small size, each city is allowed to have 2 city championships. In the first one here in Falkirk, I used Colo and that went 3-2 and got me 3rd place overall. 2nd place was the only other 15+ in our age group (its kinda small here :) ) and that seemed a little weird as not only had he borrowed my deck (SMP), but I'd beaten him in Round One. 1st was a really nice fast DragTrode deck, with added Umbreon ex which worked really well.

In the first one in Denny (small scottish town about 30mins away from Falkirk), I went 4-1 with Colo. My one loss came in Round 2, against a rogue Butterfree/Zapdos deck which worked well. The thing I noticed about a group of players is they used Meowth/Persian RG starts, rather than Plusle or other things. Seemed like an interesting thing to start with. Overall top 3 were all from 15+:- Colo came 3rd, with this rogue deck coming 2nd, and a Bird deck (Moltres/Zapdos/Ray ex) winning 15+ and the overall tournament. The 11-14 winner used DraggyGross and I can't remember what won 10-.

So, post how you did, any interesting decks/ideas you saw, etc. Best of luck in the CC series!

~PokeGuru

In North Carolina, I have seen Metadrag and Medicham ex. In Georgia, I have seen Megalix. In South Carolina, we are still trying to figure out what we are playing.

I have participated in four City Championships and hope to play in four more. I am yet to win one.

in Chicago Illinois, Iv seen alot of people play scizorgross,ZRE, and powdacham. But some players played T2 slowking and ludicargo. No one played queendom which was a suprise

Well, at St. Peters, Missouri, there was a lot of rouge decks. I played a Tyranicargo with Lugia ex, which worked real well, considering I went 5-0 that day and got 1st!

Let's see, there was a Blastoise/Articuno deck that took 2nd, and then there was a Zapdos deck there, and there was a VenuBliss, and I think there was also this rogue Crobat/Dark Houndoom deck.

At the Collinsville, Illinois CC, there was the VenuBliss (same person) that I beat in the first round (using Tycargo-Lugia again) then there was my cousin's Gatr-ex deck, a Four Corners, and a Dragtrode I remember. I went 2nd that day, losing to a Raichu ex/Sharpedo ex deck in the final.

Holy Star said:
Well, at St. Peters, Missouri, there was a lot of rouge decks. I played a Tyranicargo with Lugia ex, which worked real well, considering I went 5-0 that day and got 1st!

Were you playing Delta Tyranicargo with Lugia ex?

We havent had our CC's yet, it's coming on January 29. There are some predicted decks which we do see frequently, Ludicargo, ZRE, Zappy ex with other things, Dragtrode, Scizor ex and Steelix ex/Dark Steelix. I can predict we will see those at our CC's. I dont know what i'm playing yet, I was thinking about Crobat ex but with all the Zappy ex running about I dont know if it's such a wise decision...

Sadly, where I live the metta game is pretty much dead, it's only me and a couple of little kids I haven't seen in a while. And my city isn't small either. So no CCs for me.

Oh, and since I do know a couple of old players in my city who just play YGO now but still have a deck so I'm trying to get down names of interest to start a weekly league but things aren't going too well. Any suggestions?

RE:   City Championships

BoDragon said:
Holy Star said:
Well, at St. Peters, Missouri, there was a lot of rouge decks.  I played a Tyranicargo with Lugia ex, which worked real well, considering I went 5-0 that day and got 1st!

Yes, yes I was. Did you happen to be there?

RE:    City Championships

Holy Star said:
BoDragon said:
Yes, yes I was.  Did you happen to be there?

No, I was not there. I have played Delta Tyranicargo in four City Championships so far. I am still tweaking up my version hoping to improve speed and deal enough consistent damage for some Knock-Outs.

I see.

I run 3-2-3 Tyranitar and 3-3 Macargo.

The deck's other attackers are 2 Lugia ex and 2 Deoxys ex, 1 Defense and 1 Normal.

We had our CC's yesterday. I came 1st in the 15+ division but I didnt really mind if I didnt win since the prizes werent so hot. I got 11 DS packs and 2 POP2 packs but got nothing good in them anyway so that was pretty much a waste, the other prizes like the bag, folders, medal and beachball were really cool though.

I'm gonna play i CC in 28 days...
I am going to play Steelix ex/Magcargo/Tyranitar deck or Hariyama ex deck.

Back