City Championships Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbivore

is a Magikarp user
Could anyone tell me how long a 5-round City Championships will usually last? One time without top cut, one time including it. Thanks in advance! Leaving in about an hour.

It depends how long the matches take. For example, one round could take up to 35 minutes because of the 30 +3 rule, while some rounds could take as little as 15 minutes because of the short games. Top cut is a little different, because it is best 2/3, so expect Top Cut to be a bit longer length-wise. With 5 rounds, that means I'm assuming there's about 32-40 players going, so I would see a Top 8, and then expect about an hour and a half more of play.

So I would say if you make Top Cut, expect a 3-4 hour long Cities, but if you don't make it, you should be done in about 2-3 hours.

It depends on how efficient the TO is, and how deep you cut. Is it a top 4 or top 8? 45-minute cut or 60-minute cut? Will they have a lunch break? How long will that be? Will there be any crazy stallout games that go an extra 10 minutes past time? Will there be any issues with deck lists? There's too many issues to say for certain. At my last Cities, one player wrote Pokegear instead of Pokegear 3.0 in her decklist, and spent 40 minutes arguing with the judge to let her keep it in.

If we have to estimate, it's safe to assume about 45 minutes per round and 70 minutes per top cut round.

45x5=225 plus
70x0, 1, 2, or 3=0, 70, 140, or 210.

3.75 to 7.25 hours.

This should have been asked in here, so I'll close it after you post again if you don't have any more questions.

Thanks! Leaving now. You can close this thread. Sorry; I didn't know about that other one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back