Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperAirplane :F

Aspiring Trainer
Google Chrome. It came out few days. Google never before mentioned they're making a browser. It was unexpected.

Your thoughts?

I myself like it. It's fast, nice and user-friendly, even thought I still use FireFox 3 as my primary browser (because of AdBlock and because I want Mozilla to win over Microsoft in browser fight).

Safari is the best! \o/ Put a link to "chrome" for us users who are too lazy to google it. :)

Are all of these browsers really that different format and layout aside?

Chrome is safari-based, isn't it?

I'm too much of an add-on addict to change, but everything which competes with microsoft is a good thing, and Google is probably the only internet company ATM who can actually take on the challenge of converting the everyday person.

This is just Google's way of officially declaring war with Microsoft, BTW. And it can't be a bad thing, if you look at the way Microsoft is abusing their monopoly position.

Chrome is safari based I believe
Please don't let windows be like Macintosh!

Ever even used a mac? I for one enjoy a computer which doesn't seem to crash every five seconds and which is able to work at a decent pace. I don't even see how you could prefer MS over mac except for the price difference... Unless you're a die-hard conservative and can't adapt to a new OS.

But this is way off-topic.

If I heard correctly, there are some problems with the beta, mainly stuff which they promised wouldn't happen happening. Like all tabs crashing at the same time instead of only 1.

I already have Firefox (<3) and Safari, so I don't see why I'd need it, especially since my FF is so very personalized already. Oh well, I'll see how both evolve, I have pretty high hopes for Google, although most of the stuff they do usually isn't really too beneficial for them, they usually tend to work well. (Youtube lawsuits costing more than the profit it makes comes to mind as 1 example)

I am going of topic just to prove a point
I have used a mac and I don't like it I can't play as many programs as windows some need a Macintosh compatible only which s just more messing around I prefer windows to Macintosh only because it's easier that's all

Returning to the topic
It sucks that multiple tabs crashing at once but this is because it's beta as you said
I think safari is faster but more faffing around I believe
With Firefox it's simple double click the icon type in the web address and your there a perfect default browser

If you're using chrome, type this into the address bar: about:%

anywayz, It is webkit-based, like you people think.
I don't like it as much as FF, but it's OK.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
Ever even used a mac? I for one enjoy a computer which doesn't seem to crash every five seconds and which is able to work at a decent pace. I don't even see how you could prefer MS over mac except for the price difference... Unless you're a die-hard conservative and can't adapt to a new OS.

But this is way off-topic.

If I heard correctly, there are some problems with the beta, mainly stuff which they promised wouldn't happen happening. Like all tabs crashing at the same time instead of only 1.

I already have Firefox (<3) and Safari, so I don't see why I'd need it, especially since my FF is so very personalized already. Oh well, I'll see how both evolve, I have pretty high hopes for Google, although most of the stuff they do usually isn't really too beneficial for them, they usually tend to work well. (Youtube lawsuits costing more than the profit it makes comes to mind as 1 example)

I agree with you on the Firefox portion of this. However, as for your stance on the Windows environment, if you have patience and knowledge, Windows can provide a good experience. I've been using it most of my life so I'm probably biased, but I did use Macs at my local school and think that they would be nice to have, but are obviously too expensive.(off topic)

I heard about this yesterday. It definately sounds intriguing. I'll be waiting for them to fix the bugs before I start taking more interest. Betas fail in my opinion.

dmaster out.

I agree with every single c-m word. I don't have Mac as I can't afford one, but my father has one. Oh, yeah, baby. It is very user-friendly and can't have viruses and is alot nicer than Windows (even thought I do like Vista style, I still prefer Mac) and of course with most of the programs, Mac is faster (most meaning nearly all programs ... but Windows do open Microsoft Office programs faster ... coincidence? I think not). Then again, for all 12 year old boys who likez to play gamez, Windows is better. You can play more games on it. But most of the good games are for Mac and PC (WoW, Diablo, The Burning Crusade, Warcraft, Wrath of the Lich King, Starcraft and most of the EA games, I believe...). Final decision? Mac > PC.

Anyways...

I believe Chrome isn't going to be a big competition to FF and IE. But in general it's a good browser. I, for example noticed it's faster than my FF3, but that's probably the result of all the addons constantly running on my FF3 ... useful ones.

Safari, on the other hand is nice, but slow (my experience). Slow on Windows, but alot faster on Mac.

I <3 my FF3. Also you can notice PokéBeach Forums banner doesn't fit nice in wide screen computers =/

PaperAirplane :F said:
I agree with every single c-m word. I don't have Mac as I can't afford one, but my father has one. Oh, yeah, baby. It is very user-friendly and can't have viruses and is alot nicer than Windows (even thought I do like Vista style, I still prefer Mac) and of course with most of the programs, Mac is faster (most meaning nearly all programs ... but Windows do open Microsoft Office programs faster ... coincidence? I think not). Then again, for all 12 year old boys who likez to play gamez, Windows is better. You can play more games on it. But most of the good games are for Mac and PC (WoW, Diablo, The Burning Crusade, Warcraft, Wrath of the Lich King, Starcraft and most of the EA games, I believe...). Final decision? Mac > PC.

Anyways...

I believe Chrome isn't going to be a big competition to FF and IE. But in general it's a good browser. I, for example noticed it's faster than my FF3, but that's probably the result of all the addons constantly running on my FF3 ... useful ones.

Safari, on the other hand is nice, but slow (my experience). Slow on Windows, but alot faster on Mac.

I <3 my FF3. Also you can notice PokeBeach forums banner doesn't fit nice in wide screen computers =/
I just use parallels for games, all I ever use it for, really. Seriously though, the only times my computer lags or crashes is when I open windows, try to open windows, shut down windows, try to shut down windows, or try to multi-task with windows on my mac.

Who full-sizes on a wide-screen anyways? I just organize my windows so that I can do stuff on the forums and see if people are on AIM or if the chat is active or something at the same time.

Anyhow, since the mac version doesn't seem to be out yet (even in beta form), I haven't had a chance to try it out. Oh well, I can wait.

c-m said:
Who full-sizes on a wide-screen anyways?
I do ;) I know Macs when you open a progrem they don't full-size it. Windows Vista doesn't either, but XP did. I'm still used to full-size it. Well, the banner size isn't really annoying, but it doesn't look too nice either.

You got Wins on your Mac?

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
I just use parallels for games, all I ever use it for, really. Seriously though, the only times my computer lags or crashes is when I open windows, try to open windows, shut down windows, try to shut down windows, or try to multi-task with windows on my mac.

Do you use anti-spyware and anti-virus programs? That's probably what's making Windows crash so much. I'm just assuming this, so I may be wrong. It just seems to be the only reason I can think of that would cause Windows to run so badly.

NyJonesy26 said:
Do you use anti-spyware and anti-virus programs? That's probably what making Windows crash so much. I'm just assuming this, so I may be wrong. It just seems to be the only reason I can think of that would cause Windows to run so badly.
I didn't say it happens every time. And you put too much faith in anti-virus programs, I actually had to get rid of one of my older computers because the anti-virus program actually damaged my files when looking through them for some bizarre reason. And there's always an amount of time between the time the virus is created and the time the anti-virus program is updated.
And even when I hadn't gone online with windows yet, it crashed.
But this is not the place for this discussion.

So I have decided to make Chrome my main browser for my parallels windows, just because I don't feel like adding all my add-ons to a browser on an OS I rarely use anyways, which probably would make chrome better than FF, at least when it gets out of the beta stage.
Anyhow, it works great, looks okay, and seems to be pretty fast when it comes to downloading and stuff. It'll probably be good enough to compete with IE, as long as google advertises it well enough.

Normally I would keep something like this open for discussion, but we do have a browser thread already, which was on the front page. Please try to avoid reviving old threads if there's a current one which can suit your post fine. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back