'Chilling Reign' To Be Largest SWSH Set So Far at 198 Cards!

Forge002

Aspiring Trainer
Wow that is both really exciting yet terrifying at the same time, more so for my wallet and my health. If my wife notices just how much i shall be spending on Chilling Reign in June, i may not make it to Sword and Shield 7.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Am I the only one kind of rolling my eyes that product has been consistently out of stock for almost a year now but TPCi continues to just bulldoze along obliviously with 200+ card sets every other month like it's 2019 again?

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
TPCi: Hey maybe soon we can finally release the rest of those Tag All Stars secret rares internatio-

TPC: *Dumps over 200 main set cards and 76 secret rares on TPCi's head*

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Given how popular Blaziken is, I can see them cutting the V/VMAX and use that to sell a special set ala Champion's Path.

Nah, Blaziken is one of the "sees play day one" type of cards from the set, there's absolutely no way we're not getting Blaziken in Chilling Reign.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
This is in all honesty too much. Like, either up the pull rates or cut 90% of the ultras and secrets. There's not enough product to keep up.

The Vish

Aspiring Trainer
I really just wish they'd do away with Rainbow Rares entirely. I'd much rather get an alternate art of a VMAX than a lazy rainbow card. Same with the supporters. You lose all of the charm when you get rid of the colour.

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
So what it is the largest set?? I don't want to be a down-beaten bad mood grumpy commenter here but the truth is can't even finish collecting each set. I have used my strategy to buy every product on each set and always finish my set at 70-80% the rest of the cards that I do miss cost way too expensive if buy separately. What makes the problem even worse than here in Europe getting Pokemon TCG products is way harder, especially if you are coming from Eastern Europe, like me, I am from Latvia. We don't have any official way to buy from store Pokemon products. We got regular guys who buy from other European retailers and then resell that same product more than twice expensive. And even me who buy from other European retailers I constantly face extra costs on shipping and the fact that the same TCG products that cost in the USA cheaper are more expensive here at RRP.

Right now I can try to buy every 3rd set release and even then it will be finished around 80-90% range if lucky.

I do love the artworks from common to secret rares but Pokemon company has to think about how they release these products so people can actually try to finish each set and enjoy collecting cards. Back in old days, it was easier to finish the set for reasonable money spent but now that can't be done. Lost Thunder also was hyped huge set. I have only managed to get about 12 packs total and very similar is with almost every set.