Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Several cards from S9 Star Birth are currently being revealed in a live stream of Japan’s Champions League 2022 tournament!

Star-Birth-Booster-Pack-103x200.png

Arceus-Background-200x163.jpg

As we can see on Charizard, Pokemon VSTAR can also have attacks as their “once per game” VSTAR Power. It’s GX attacks all over again! Arceus VSTAR featured an Ability as its VSTAR Power, so the mechanic isn’t limited to just attacks — it’s broader than the GX mechanic.
Charizard V – Fire – HP220
Basic Pokemon
[R][R][C] Burn to Nothing: 90 damage. Before doing damage, discard any Pokemon Tools attached to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.
[R][R][R][C] Heat Blast: 180 damage.
When your Pokemon V is Knocked Out, your opponent...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Been a long time, Charizard. Whether this Charizard is playable or not, a FA VStar would be the most expensive one.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
The V-Star cards are going to look pretty bad if they are going from the VMAX Full Art to 2/3rd art and a 1/3rd random generic star below.

I didn't notice it on Arceus, but Charizard looks ugly. What a dumb design decision with clashing colours.

Mimikyu

Aspiring Trainer
So now we have 2x types of Double Colorless energy, lol
cheren works only for colorless pokes :(
Yes, because that's a VERY VERY POWERFUL effect. At least it helps make colorless pokemon playable now. XD

Pell_

Aspire to show up.
TPCI is really scared of just reprinting Double Colorless, huh?
I'd be scared of reprinting DCE too, that card's pretty regularly a problem, and the last time it was a problem it was really a problem. Joke's on them, though, I'll pay 20 damage to get DCE any day of my life.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Charizard V/VSTAR - Too bad that the energy cost is yet too expensive, even the stadium won't help it. But still, it's a Charizard and a super rare card might be the most expensive. 3/3-4
Cheren's Care - the sign that Acerola will never reprinted because it's too good to be a card of its own, but any C Pokemon will take advantage of this card. If you make a 59-card deck and 1 extra card, this might be it (for C decks of course). 4
Double Turbo Energy - Another sign that DCE will never be reprinted. At least this DCE hybrid is applicable to any Pokemon, even VMax. Yeah that sucks that you'll take 20 less smg on your attacks. I believe Double Rainbow does the same thing in the past yet still see play back then so why not? 5 Geoeudes. P. S. You have Inteleon, and the missing 20 dmg won't be a problem.
Kindler - it's a fine search card. 4
Moltres - another Zapdos hybrid. Doing 90, Weakness can't be applied, single energy. 4
Magma Falls - slow yet accels energy. Better Fire energy accel we got so far. 4

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
The downside of this DCE is almost negligible, thanks to the out-of-control power creep. They could have at least let us use the old DCEs we still have in our folders.

ThatUnlimitedProfessor

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, you can get 12 "DCE" in Expanded now haha... that's fully wild.

And rainbow energy + muscle band + Moltres sounds really fun in expanded too.

Also, Togekiss VMAX just got the ultimate buffs after these reveals haha

Zeeman

Pachirisu is the cutest
Omg I think TPCI might actually be trying to slow down the game with these cards. You can't damage Moltres without putting it in range of a mirror KO, there are drawbacks to the energy acceleration. Maybe I'm reading this as just what I want to see, but I'm hopeful we're at a turning point.

Nyora

A Cat
Omg I think TPCI might actually be trying to slow down the game with these cards. You can't damage Moltres without putting it in range of a mirror KO, there are drawbacks to the energy acceleration. Maybe I'm reading this as just what I want to see, but I'm hopeful we're at a turning point.
Thats no drawback me boy, that's an enabling effect.

Pell_

Aspire to show up.
I agree that this Charizard is pretty derp looking and the v star cards overall are pretty unappealing. *sigh*
I don't really agree that VStars are unappealing, but I do think this charizard art and text is just... why?

I know the answer, "Charizard prints money," but still.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Damn these Charizard cards look so good.
And yes,I'm a Charizard fan,you can expect me joy when I see Charizard cards.

My username is literally FIRE LIZARD.