• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Charizard version 2.0 Cities Masters

shadoworganoid

"Crimson Dance, Yugetsu!"
Pokemon: 27

3-2-3 Charizard
2-2-2 Typhlosion Prime
2-2 Ninetales
1-1 Bronzong (SF)
4 Spiritomb (AR)
1 Unown Q
1-1 Flareon (UD) (Umbreon counter)

T/S/S: 19

3 Collector
3 BTS
2 Rare Candy
2 Seeker
3 Bebe Search
1 Palmer's
2 Lookers
2 Ebelt
2 Twins

Energy: 13

11 {R}
2 Warp Energy

Strategy:
Normal Charizard idea with a few differences. The usually charizard list folds to water. In this case Gyarados. (and Kingdra) However, Gyarados suffers under trainer lock. With a spiritomb start, I can prevent them from playing T1 junk arm. And other trainers too, thus it slows them down.
My SP match up is already good, IF I can get set up in time. Tomb changes that "if" to a "when". By T2 or T3 when Im set up, the normal charizard fire engine combo takes effect and I start hitting for 80+ each turn.

The warp energy make for a back up way of retreating Tomb or an injured Charizard.

I was talking with a friend the other day and he pointed out that Umbreon UD will basically end the game for me. All my pokemon have either a power or body. I would have no way of KO'ing umbreon. My only option would be Charmeleon or Quilava. Neither is very effective. So I went with Flareon UD. I can 1hko Umbreon with it.

I went 3-3 with the traditional charizard list, now I plan to test this one.

Comments?
(Please dont say: "Make it 4-2-4 charizard")

I like this take on charizard a lot. The cycler bronzong is a great idea, but it hurts your attack.
Id say -1-1 bronzong
+2 interviewers questions

Typhlosion and ninetails take care or your energy and draw power, and with spiritomb they will be for sure set up.

Also charizard can hit for 130, without belt so 3 belts is overkill.
And your also healing with seeker, so you really don't need the hp

1 ebelt 2 blackbelts. Chances are they're going to take a spiritomb or 2, take advantage of that.

I like your thoughts on Blackbelt. That is very true. However, I like the Bronzong. Unless its against SP, I will most likely be 2hko ing most other pokemon anyways. Having a bench of purely fire types really wont matter much. (I'll still have 2-4)
Bronzong is also a means of surviving Gengar's attack. I ditch a trainer or supporter, gain 2 energy, attach, Roast reveal, and less damage from gengar.

"Make it 4-2-4 Charizard" :p But in all seriousness I've yet to see a Zard deck that doesn't have 4-2-4. I'm actually building one at this very moment(it's been on hold forever) and it, too, involves Bronzong SF. It's good to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that it could work.

I also 100% agree with mosherstompers idea. Eventually, they'll kill 1-2 tombs, and if they have a bulky guy out, you can easily OHKO it with E-belt/black belt. You should DEFINATELY also run Twins, for the exact same reason. You should also add Pokemon Communication(it's such a good card, you should include it even if you're worried about trainer lock), and Professor Oak's New Theory(in place of lookers) because it's such a better hand refresh card. You also may want to think about adding some Warp Point, just in case.

the bronzong is a good idea for gengar. If anything keeping it just for that is a great idea, but it might not be enough. I've seen gigantic hands with ninetails. The kind of hands that let gengar hit you for 180.
Judges might be a big help for you. Once you have your set up, your bringing energy from the discard pile. Judge keep your small if you need to cycler for energy and roost reveal.

^ Agreed. Since you already run run the prime just at in the non prime and you can one hit ok the umberon

-1 Eevee
-1 Flareon
+1 Typhlosion HS (non prime)
+1 Something else (maybe Stark Mountain)

I think Typhlosion is a better Umbreon counter, because you already have the Typhlosion line in your deck.
I have two questions: Does the 3-2-3 Charizard line work well, because I run a bulkier Charizard line in my list? How is Bronzong working for you, I've never thought about playing Bronzong in Charizard?
It's almost scary how similar our lists are to each other.;)

Hope I helped.:)

^Not really. Charizard decklists are very cookie cutter. I'd say 95% of them are very similar. Charizard also tends to be more Pokemon heavy than other decks. In regards to Stark Mountain, I've got it in my Typhlosion deck and it works great. The key is to drop it when you NEED the extra energy, not just because you have it in your hand. Afterburn energy to "Bravely bold sir Azlef," or a like manz you really don't have a use for anymore, then transfer to a fire manz you need it on. The catch is you can only do it once per turn, and you can transfer from "A pokemon, to a fire/fighting pokemon," but not back again. The thing is, though, whilst it works in Typhlosion, 9/10 times Charizard simply doesn't have room for it. A pity, really.

Afro G: I personally perfer 3-2-3 line. Mainly because I do not have a fourth charizard, but....
Bronzong is great. Can usually get him out T2 along with Ninetales so my draw engine becomes very consistant.
However, I've also learned not to play it when the opponent has Blaziken FB in their deck. They will luring flame that in a heart beat.

Hmmm.... Using the regular typhlosion eh? Not a bad idea. I could try it...

BTW, you probably also don't need Unown Q. I'm assuming it's for Spiritomb? Your main goal here should be to set up with Spiritomb and then have it die...if you retreat it it's just taking up space on your bench, and will be an easy KO later. Let it die early, get it out of the way, and be on your merry way.

The only other Pokemon that could use it would be Ninetales/Typhlosion HGSS. They both retreat for 1, which should be fine since you can Afterburn the energy back on anyways. Both Zard and Zong retreat for a massive THREE, so i'm reasonably sure you're not using it on them.

Back