Charizard V/VMAX and Grimmsnarl V/VMAX Revealed!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Charizard V/VMAX - A card that can OHKO literally anything and can use Welder or TCE on the VMAX? Yeah. WYNAUT?! By the time this comes out, possibly SWSH3, Metal Frying Pan is gone in Standard. Which means, Zacian V will be in trouble here. 4/5
  • Grimmsnarl V/VMAX - We don't have any proper Energy accel for Dark type. Yeah, Weavile but it moves energy not some direct energy accel, but it does huge damage especially D hits P for weakness greatly. According to the source, SWSH3 in Japan features cards that boost D Pokémon, maybe these will help Grimmsnarl as well. 4/4

RealMrMewtwo

Aspiring Trainer
Charizard VMAX is BUSTED. Attach t1, then welder next turn atttach tce easy 300 damage. Could also use volc and victini v to make that easier and tails so you dont need to hit boss's orders. That will smack everything into oblivion.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I don't see the hype for this Charizard. Even with Welder it's super slow and difficult to chain attacks compared to Reshizard.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Oh my, that Zard Vmax is gorgeous oh yes it sure is.

When Zard VMAX is released in English I can see people selling it for £100+ ‍
That all depends on how hard it is to actually get. The reason the rainbow/shiny Zards hit for such a high price is because of the scarcity they create in how hard they are to pull in their given sets (RR Zard especially). With this one, if it's an average old Vmax then I can see it having a decent price but nothing crazy high, especially not more than some of its predecessors like the SR Plasma Zard. A potential rainbow though, sure I could see it hitting high.

Now does that mean people aren't going to try and sell a regular one for that high, especially early on in the set? Nope, they're gonna try and capitalize as much as they can, lol

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
"wHy is OveRpoWeREd acCeLeraTIon BaD?"
Because Charizard VMAX happens. Balancing attacks though energy cost is out of the question at this point - you can reach this number insanely fast for a five-cost. With 330, it's rare that an opponent can front an OHKO attack. AND it's not sitting there idly - it has another attack to use right after the first Welder.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I actually am starting to really like the look of the VMAX cards (the regular ones), I think especially the Gigantamax Mons introduced in Rebellious Clash looks amazing, along with these two! I really like the look of the Charizard V as well, especially the Stadium background :D

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
  • Charizard V/VMAX - A card that can OHKO literally anything and can use Welder or TCE on the VMAX?
Can KO anything....except every single VMAX Pokemon released so far. Honestly I'm underwhelmed. I expect a Charizard card to have some ridiculous attack that can OHKO with a huge energy cost, but this thing can't kill a VMAX which is surprising for a Charizard card.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I don't get the Zard hype. It's bad. It gives up 3 prizes and it hits a straight 300 for 5 with an energy discard so it's difficult to chain, and it's an evolution so it's difficult to setup. Reshizard any day. Will still probably still be $1 million though