• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Charizard EX / Pyroar

PizzaIsAwesom

Pokédex #475
This is my first post, so let me know if there is something I could do better. : )
Here's the deck list; strategy is at the bottom:

Pokémon:
  • 4 Litleo FLF 18
  • 4 Pyroar FLF 20
  • 4 Charizard EX XY Black Star Promo 29 (Stoke)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 2 Pal Pad
  • 3 Profesor's Letter
  • 4 Repeat Ball
  • 2 Pokemon Catcher
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Evosoda
  • 2 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Scramble Switch
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Pokemon Center Lady
  • 4 N
Energy:
  • 4 Burning Energy
  • 4 DCE
  • 7 Fire Energy
Strategy:

The strategy of this deck is simple (with an ideal draw, this is what I would do):

1-3/4) Evolve Litleo into Pyroar and attach two fire energy and one burning energy.
4-6) Bring out Charizard Ex, put it on the bench, and attach energies while attacking with Pyroar.
7/8) Use float stone or switch and bring out Charizard. Attack for 120 damage.
9-onward) When Charizard racks up enough damage to be worried, switch to another pokemon.

Any suggestions are welcome. The strategy section is just a skeleton of what I would do in a real battle(of course I would use other items as well, not just switch and float stone). While I was testing this deck, I had trouble playing against water type decks, so I am tempted to put a weakness policy in, but I don't know what to take out. Thank you for helping me with this deck. :)

Last edited:
I suggest taking out Rock Guard, and adding Computer Search, Dowsing Machine, or even scramble switch. Take out 3 center lady, replace them with N/Shauna/Birch. Take out 2-3 Skyla and replace with Juniper/Sycamore. These are staples in each deck. Take out 2 charizard ex, add a catcher and escape rope. I also suggest taking out both Blaziken and adding another float stone, and Mewtwo EX from Nest Destinies.
Good luck on the battlefield!

take out the pal pads for sycamores and find a better ace spec than rock guard. I recommend scramble switch because you don't run many switching cards, only 4. Scramble switch is a great card for this, and it is affordable. If you dont think it is good, use it and think again.

Back