• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Charizard EX / Magnezone

Carpey

Deck Experimenter
Experience: Intermediate

Pokemon
  • 4 Charizard EX The one from the mega battle deck
  • 2 Keldeo EX LTR
  • 4 Magnezone PLS (Dual Brains)
  • 1 Magneton PLS
  • 4 Magnemite PLS

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Shauna
  • 2 Bicycle
  • 1 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 3 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Blacksmith
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Dowsing Machine

Energy
  • 8 Fire
  • 3 Double Colorless

Strategy
Not sure where I was going with this, quite honestly. I just saw Charizard, Supporters, And Magnezone then I made this list. I can already tell it's terrible but let's try this anyways.

Set up Magnezone on the bench for easier supporter use and start charging a Charizard. Use Flame Explosion and Laser for the-get ready- MAGIC NUMBER 180!! Use your new KeldeoEX to let Charizard use Flame Explosion again while using Lysandre to target the EX pokemons and/or get Pyroars out of the way.

Hi! I changed your thread title from "OMGCHARIZARDSIWANTTOUSEONE(CharizardEX/Magnezone)" to "Charizard EX / Magnezone".

I'm just beginning as a TCG player so I'll leave the feedback on the deck to other members. :p I do share the love for Charizard, though! :D He's my favourite. <3

I would definitely consider skyla's, getting out that magnezone asap is important.

Flame torch+blacksmith draw plus setup, if all you have is 3 ultra ball and 4 juniper your drop consistency is then based off of what you have in your hand, flame torch forces fire to be dropped, mix that with 2 profs letter, then it won't matter if you don't have fire energy for either the ultra ball, juni, or flame torch for the blacksmith you add it to your hand, even on blastoise decks that run only about 10 basic energy 2 profs letter become the bread and butter within something that doesn't have a great draw consistency into the proper energy counts even if you are running nothing but N, juniper and colress for large hands. This is what I would like to see your deck being run as, also with less magnezone

4 charizard EX
2-1-2 magnezone (pure tech not entirely important, but important none the less)
1-1 electrode (draw)
(keldeo, idk, even when I was running TDK I would rather play 4 switch, your plan is to only take out 3 EX's right, even if you face basics, then deal with it).

4 juniper
4 N
2 colress
3 skyla
2 pokemon fan club
4 muscle band
4 laser
(concept behind those 2, 1. so you can always hit for 170 base dmg you don't have to have 2 cards to make ohkos happen, 2. plus power kills at 180, sleep flip is clutch for stall.)
2 super rod (magnezone re-draw, fire re-draw for flame torch + blacksmith)
4 flame torch
3-4 profs letter
4 blacksmith
2 tool scrapper (garbo shuts down magnezone, tool scrapper shuts down garbo

8 fire
4 DCE

I'm not sure how many cards this is, but this is generally the most consistent kind of fast play list to think of, you could play a 1-0-1 delphox line instead, but it's less consistent to setup instead of a stage 1.

Back