Charizard ex Hyper Rare Revealed from “Obsidian Flames,” Get in PTCG Live During Worlds!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon has revealed the Hyper Rare version of Charizard ex from Obsidian Flames! A code for the card will be given out during the Twitch livestream for Worlds 2023. You’ll be able to add it to your collection in PTCG Live.

Charizard-ex-Hyper-Rare-215x300.jpg

Here are the revealed Charizard cards debuting in Obsidian Flames. The only one missing is the full art version, which will look similar to the gold version.

125-Charizard-ex-Obsidian-Flames-150x200.jpg

SV03_EN_223-144x200.png

Charizard-ex-Hyper-Rare-144x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
It took them a moment to think of something that would be less popular than Rainbow Rares, but they got there. Now the critical reevaluation of RRs as "you know, they weren't that bad.....actually, they were pretty good" can take place and my RRs will balloon in market price.

That’s just wishful thinking. The ungodly combination of terastal and gold is not something that will be frequent, alt rares are plenty, and even the occasional terastal full arts are not that bad, no one’s going to retroactively like RRs any time soon.

Showing tera could have been done in so many better, subtler ways. But nah, we get dumb hats that ruin even SAR illustrations.

If the one to one hundred other people on the forum who wish Pokemon would show more of the terestral crown and overall tera-aesthetic on their cards, rather than banishing said crowns from the TCG entirely, would please raise their hands, it would be most appreciated.

I'm going to buy a custom playmat in a few months, and I'm debating whether to use a collage of first generation illustrations (unedited or GBC versions) or a collage of tera Pokemon screenshots. It's actually proving hard for me to make up my mind, not to mention I have a few other ideas in the running. I've always been fond of the tera aesthetic and wish the tera ex illustrations took more after the tera Gyarados booster pack artwork, or at least the Japanese merchandise. More upsetting still, however, was the fact that the beautiful new semi-opaque, semi-transparent background texture blocked the majority of the tera crowns. For this reason, I'm thankful that the Full Arts have featured closer to 70% of the crowns, but I'm still not sure it's worth spending $3-4 a card more than once, certainly not enough times to fill an entire binder page with unique tera crowns (keep in mind I have a much lower budget than most collectors). Fortunately, I no longer feel crestfallen on this topic as I originally did.

Whoever asked if getting a Braixen Character Rare meant the possibility of a Gabite Character Rare may be pleasantly surprised if we get a Garchomp ex Illustration Rare line in our November set. As much as people may resent Charizard ex getting a Super Illustration Rare, it does open up the same opportunity for future tera Pokemon, so if anyone is longing for a more detailed tera full art (and has more disposable income than myself), they may have future opportunities to procure such a card that does not cost $50/$150/$550.

I think the funniest thing about the complaints with the Tera hats is that in both of these Charizard full arts, the main part of the hat is obscured by a rule box and Charizard's name.

Can't take terrestrial pokemon serious with those dumb hats, aaahh

We went from megas, to gigantamax (and dynamax), to low res looking forms with silly hats.
I agree to some degree. But I liked the Gigantamax versions less, especially the ones which just had these pink/purple things and made the Pokémon longer or fatter.
Megas at least were creative for the most.
Still, except for the crown, many of the cards look fine and remind me a bit of crystal Pokémon, which is a plus.

Back