• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Charizard EX / Delphox / Pyroar

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
This is a list I put together with cards I had around spare yesterday. I wanted to use the fire engine in some way and so this is what I have:

Pokemon:

• 2 Charizard EX (combustion blast)
    2 Keldeo EX
    2-2 Pyroar
    3-0-3 Delphox
    1 Reshiram
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Juniper
    4 Blacksmith
    1 Lysandre
    3 Bicycle
    2 Flame Torch
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Ultra Ball
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Float Stone
    1 Professors Letter
    1 Super Rod
    1 Computer Search
    1 Pal Pad
    1 Startling Megaphone
Energy:

• 9 Fire
    4 DCE

Strategy:
As I'm writing this on a train I'm 90% sure this is my list... If not I will fix when I get home.
Strategy is to set up charizard / pyroar as fast as possible and attack like there's no tomorrow. The only draw supporter is Juniper in here as I've found through testing that with Delphox, bicycle, flame torch and Juniper I can draw through my deck extremely quick and set up with no issues.
Delphox is also a good counter for pyroar as well as it's awesome ability. At the moment reshiram is an alternate attacker non EX however when I can get a third charizard ex I will be replacing Reshiram with it.
So, where do I go from here?

I personally would back down to a 3-0-2 with 3 rare candies, and throw in a small amount of draw support like 2 N. also, you could try a 2-1-2 with 3 rare candy and 2 N, due to that occasional Trevenant/Accelgor or Palkia/Walls. Maybe eliminate the startling megaphone and throw in another Charizard. But hey, it comes down to your meta game. That's my suggestion though, so do what you want with it.

A few thoughts for your consideration. IMHO:

• I'm in agreement with Sheroak regarding your Delphox line. If Delphox is to be used in a support (i.e., card drawing) role, then a 2-1-2 or 3-1-2 line can be easier to setup "consistently" in the long run (since you are not running any Skyla).
  • If you do continue running a 3-0-3 Delphox, adding a few Skyla to help facilitate your setup.
  • Further, adding a few Level Balls can enhance your basic Poké search.
  • Along with manual attachment, I've found only 3 Blacksmiths to work just fine; the 4th seems to add "clutter". Besides, paying FF retreat cost at times doesn't really hurt this deck.
  • A single Keldeo EX also works better for me. Lots of players here run a variety of VirGen decks; so, KEX is an easy target for them. Also, KEX is not a good Poké to start wth.
  • On the other hand, I do run 2 Reshiram in my deck; this a good starting Poké and alternate attacker (and its just FUN to start with it against Virzion EXs - lol).
  • Once Delphox is setup, your card drawing capability is really strong at that point; so, the few Fiery Torch card draw is less effective.
  • Running Dowsing Machine has proven more effective for me too.
So, with the aforementioned comments, following are some suggested changes:

• -1 Keldeo EX
    +1 Reshiram

-1 Delphox
    +1 Braixen

-1 P Juniper (with improved card drawing mix, 3 should be sufficient)
    -1 Blacksmith
    -2 Fiery Torch
    -1 Rare Candy (with incorporating Braixen and Level Balls, 3 UBs should be sufficient)
    -1 Ultra Ball
    +2 N (helps to disrupt your opponent's hand, but you'll still be able to darw up to 6)
    +2 Level Ball
    +1 Skyla (for Trainer searching)
    +1 Charizard EX (when you do get it); for now P's Letter
Lastly, I've found Raichu (XY) to be a stronger compliment to Charizard vs. Pyroar - lots of players here also run Yveltal variants and Garbodor decks. A 2-2 Raichu line can easily replace the 2-2 Pyroar line without any further deck changes.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back