Charizard Ex Box's with Damaged Jumbo's?

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
I just Opened my second box hoping this time the Jumbo wouldn't be damaged this time but sadly this one was damaged too just like the first. Is this normal for this box? All the Jumbo's haveing some sort of dent in it?

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I think it has to do with the way they're packed.

It's got a few dents/creases along the sides of the card correct?

Mine are sorta like that too.

The-Kaiser

No it more like dent and crease near the left side of the neck and another below the 120 attack damage number. I now have 2 with the same damage there =/

Im really fed up with this as I already bought a loose Jumbo card to replace the first one and it had what look liked a pointed object pressed on to it on one of the Wings.

All I want is a Jumbo that's not damaged or are they all damaged in someway?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
The packaging that they put jumbo cards in is terrible. I kind of feel like I'm performing brain surgery whenever I remove one just trying to minimize the potential damage.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Which jumbo Charizard box? Is it the same one where you get the HUGE Charizard and all the 5th gen secret Pokemon? If that is the same box what is wrong with the cards? If I know if this is the same box I have then I can check myself too.:)

The-Kaiser

I dunno which one your talking about.

Its the one with Jumbo and 4 packs + normal sized promo plus TCGO card

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
It comes with a JUMBO Charizard a small Charizard. same card 4 packs and a 3rd Charizard different card. At least mine did and I think it also came with a Genesect. Mine did anyway and a few other rare cards as well.:)

The-Kaiser

It comes with a JUMBO Charizard a small Charizard. same card 4 packs and a 3rd Charizard different card. At least mine did and I think it also came with a Genesect. Mine did anyway and a few other rare cards as well.:)

I dunno that doesnt sound like any Legit box I ever seen. Got a picture of it?

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
No. I don't It has a big Charizard 4 pack a regular size Charizard right on the front. The extra Charizard I pulled from a pack and the same for Genesect as well. That was what I got among some of the other rare cards.:)

The-Kaiser

Oh ok then :) Well Im glad some sellers selljumbo's cheap on ebay loose that are Near Mint / Mint :)

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
I haven't really heard of people having problems with the jumbos, but the same people only really care that they have the card packs. However I will be asking around when I'm at tournaments to see if other people have the same problem, and if it's just the "packaging" damaging the cards. I am sorry about the crappy condition though, if it's not the packaging, my best guess is that the jumbos are handled the same way Amiibos are made (read very horribly with tons of defects in one out of every 3 figures)

I swear, if I ever find where I still have the packaging for my jumbo Palkia from D&P I will put it inside the assaging (yes that's what I'm calling the "packaging"), and try every house hold object I can find, just to find a way to properly remove it without causing damage. My current best guess would be the smooth, flat part of a pair of nail clippers, flipped out to try to pry the plastic nub off of the card, one bit at a time.

The-Kaiser

Well I opened 2 boxs sealed and both jumbos had creases and dents and according to alot of the high end sellers on eBay i know its a severe QC issue on the Pokemon Company's side of things and they are ignoring people complaining about it.

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
Well I opened 2 boxs sealed and both jumbos had creases and dents and according to alot of the high end sellers on eBay i know its a severe QC issue on the Pokemon Company's side of things and they are ignoring people complaining about it.
Ohhhh, ok now it seems like it's probably "Quality Controlled" by the same people that make Amiibos. The "QC" for Amiibos is abysmally bad, to the point where if you want to laugh at the QC just type in "defect Amiibo" into ebay and search for sold and unsold listings.

Let me put it this way, if you look on ebay you can find Amiibos WITHOUT defects for higher than ones with them, and there are PLENTY of rare defects, none of which seem to be related in any way, asides from tons of paint errors. The defects go from having a Samus with two arm cannons, characters with their torsos detached from the rest of the body, characters with missing limbs, characters with extra limbs that are fully attached (only one case of this exists as far as I know), characters with other character's limbs loose in the packaging (there was a Peach Amiibo with a detached Marth head flying in the box....that sold for $3k), and my absolute favorite, a Kirby Amiibo with a butt crack, still in the packaging.

I am seriously sorry for the hell that you are going through for the condition of the card/s, the good news is that if you ever get one good enough for PSA grading of 8-10 you could make...1stuptillion dollars off of it via ebay. : D