• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Charizard Deck

xGSFxDavid

Aspiring Trainer
Ok i want peoples opinion on my charizard deck please leave suggestions.

4 Charmander
2 Charmleon
4 Charizard
4 Sableye
2 Vulpix(Reheat but want the Shiny one)
2 Ninetales(Roost Reveal)
2 Cyndaquil
1 Quilava
2 Typhlosion Prime

4 Rare candy
4 Engineering adjustments
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communications
1 Luxury ball
2 Expert Belt
2 Warp Point
2 Super Scoop Up

14 Fire Energy

The strategy of this deck is to get charizard out with a whole bunch of fire pokemon so he can hit high and fast.

You don't need any EA when you play Ninetales. Take all of those out for 3 Bebe's and another Charmeleon. Consistency helps.

Under Trainer Lock, you can't play Pokemon comm. On another note, you are helping my point because Sableye goes for a Bebe's. Consider it, but it is not needed.

And Collector doesn't search for 'Zard.

Yeah , but having 4 EA will kill your deck. You should listen to Yoshidude10. You should cut that and the Sableyes. You want fire pokemon and Sableye could clog you bench for sure. Find a fire pokemon who can help you set up like Torkoal from LA. He isn't the greatest choice but with a call energy he gets 2 basics and protects the bench and can never be a dead draw cause he is a fire type thus boosting Charizards power. And I don't think Typhosion prime is needed. You should try the SP countering Rapidash cause without it SP will rip you apart with its speed. I would also look into more bebe's for more search power. and I would look into BTS for more evolving consistency. These would make your deck better overall. Hope you do well in the future. Good Luck

Your best starter would be Spiritomb AR. Considering you run 2 stage 2s, it is necessary to slow your opponent down(considering Rare candies will then not help you at this point). Consider Spiritomb AR.

Edit: @RaiderDos: You do realize the strategy is to discard the energy with Ninetales, then get it right back with Afterburner? That is why 'Phlosion is used.

I completely agree also you might want to add in bebe search. You shouldnt rely on trainers too much. I would say at least two

Sableye isnt a bench pokemon he is a thing for making me go first and getting a bunch of fire pokemon and if he lives one turn a search out for charizard. i understand not relying on trainer to much but i really dont like spiritomb in the deck to me it makes it slower cause i will have to set up the big guys. Also i will not be able to super scoop up or warp point if he doesnt die fast enough.

@ Yoshidude: Hah now I feel stupid cause I totally overlooked that. And yes now that I think about it keep Phlosion. And I agree with Spiritomb he would help disrupt other decks and speed up the evolving process.

@ xGSFxDavid: What I mean by "on the bench" is that if he doesn't get ko'ed quick enough you will be stuck with a useless Sableye. And actually Spiritomb would probably get ko'ed faster than Sableye because of the extra effect of his attack that puts a damage counter on him. I would suggest adding like 2 Twins into the deck if you do add 4 Spiritomb as with him hurting himself making him an easy knockout you'll have more prizes early on making Twins that much more effective.

@GSF: I don't really understand how slows you down. If anything, it should be speeding you up. Twins is a great choice if you run Spiritomb. Yes, you give your opponent a free prize, but you are giving yourself the benefit. As I said, it's not about what happens in the beginning(unless you get a bad hand), but how you play it out.

If you decide to drop the Sableye for Spiritomb you should change it like this:

-4 Sableye
-2 Rare Candy
-1 Pokemon Communication
-2 Super Scoop Up
-1 Engineer's Adjustments

+3 Spiritomb
+1 Charmeleon
+1 Quilava
+3 Bebe's Search
+1 Palmer's Contribution
+1 Uxie

Take Out:
4 Sableye
2 Engineer
2 Collector
1 Pokemon Communication
2 Fire Energy

Add:
1 Charmeleon
2 Broken Time Space
2 Fisherman
1 Vulpix (pref Shiny)
1 Ninetales (Roast Reveal)
2 Interviewer's Question
2 Bebe's Search

I have been playing a Charizard Deck for a while now and have had great Success with it. While I understand why you do not plan to have sableye on your bench it could still be a hinderance to your deck as it quickly becomes a stale draw. Too Many Collector's, Communication, and Engineer's may help consistencey but it leaves less room for other supporters/trainers like Interviewer's Question (quickly get the energy to dump them for Roast Reveal), Fisherman (Recycle Energy for Roast Reveal), And Bebe's (Essential for any deck pretty much). THe Additions to the evolution lines are solely for consistancey boosting. Lastly Broken Time Space is practically a requirement for and Stage 2 deck such as this one.

Buddy, wheres your BTS's?

- 1 Candy
- 4 Eng Adj (setup two tales, and you will fly through your deck)
- 1 Collector (late, dead draws)
- 1 communications

+ 3 BTS
+ 2 Seeker
+ 1 Fisherman
+ 1 Pont

I suggest finding a spot for a Junk arm too. You need speed here. Sableye is a nice starter, but you need a reliable way to get him out of there once youve popped a collector. Consider getting rid of him all together. Maybe move it down to 2 Sableye and a Jirachi?

So maybe also

- 4 Sableye
- 3 Fire energy

+ 1 Jirachi
+ 1 Warp energy
+ 3 Call energy
+ 2 Bebe's Search

More can be done here too. You will find speed much more important than Typhlosion's purpose at times. At this point, Make some required changes and play test it against decks to see how fast you set up. Good luck!

-4 sableye
+4 spiritomb

this will help you evolve while locking the opponent.

-1 rare candy
-2 ssu
+3 bts

to make the lock more managable.

Back