• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Charizard Deck

Scooby8523

Aspiring Trainer
Hello guys, I just started playing this awesome game and I managed to make a evolution line Charizard deck. It feels and looks very packed and I really don't know what to take out. With out further ado.

Pokemon (23)
4 Charmander (Gen RC3)
4 Charmeleon (Gen RC4)
4 Charizard (Gen RC5)
1 Charizard-EX (Gen 11)
1 Charizard-EX (XY121)
1 Charizard-EX (XY17)
2 M Charizard-EX (Gen 12)
2 Flareon (Gen RC6)
1 Houndoom (21/162)
1 Volcanion-EX (115/114)
1 Remoraid (31/162)
1 Octillery (33/162)
Trainers/Support (28)
1 Professor Sycamore
1 Shauna
1 Tierno
3 Skyla
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Brigette
2 N
1 Fisherman
1 Professor's Letter
2 VS Seeker
1 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Teammates
3 Evosoda
2 Switch
2 Float Stone
4 Ultra Ball

Energy (11)
1 Fire - (Special)
8 Fire - (Basic)
2 Colorless Energy (Special)

Strategy:
First thing, I have 2 cards to many heavy. I was thinking of taking out the Flareons but I don't know.
So in essence I am still a noob playing pokemon but the objective with which I made the deck was to get out the evolution line Charizard and swoop the opponent with that. The EX charizards are there for support in bringing out the Mega versions (currently trying to get 2 more). Octillery for draw power. Houndoom allows me to recycle energys while also dealing damage (so cool). This helps with Volcanion's ability cost.

So yes, that's pretty much the gist of it. Any tips, suggestions, and comments are highly welcomed. Thank you ahead of time.

Take out:
Houndoom
The Charizard EXS/Megas
Volcanion EX
2 Skyla
Bridgette
Fisherman
Pokemon Fan club

And ADD:
3 Sycamore
1-1 Octillery line

At least add those, just to make it more consistent. That leaves you with a pretty good amount of open space for consistency cards, like Trainers Mail.

Back