• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Charizard AR - Region

Kame

Poke Maniac
4-3-4 Charizard AR
2-2-2 Typhlosion PRIME
3-3 Shiny Vulpix-Ninetails HS
2-2 Bronzong SF
4 Spiritomb AR

Pokemon:30

2 E-Belt
4 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
2 Warp Point
2 Pokemon Communication

3 Bebe's Search
2 Fisherman
2 PONT
2 Pokemon Collector

2 BTS

T/S/S:22

{R} 8

typical 'Zard stratagy.

Nine Tails for draws and to stack on the bench to power up my 'Zards
Bronzong allows me to energy search and I can use him to get unneeded cards out of my hand.

I'm looking for suggestions to up my speed and consistency.

I'd suggest taking out the 2-2 Bronzong and replace it with 2 Research Records and either 2 more fire energy or 2 Rescue energy. Bronzong would be more pokemon which means extra time needed to set up which would slow you down. Also, Bronzong would use up bench space that you can have more fire pokemon on, to increase damage output for charizard. rescue energy is always nice to keep your guys going in the event of them being knocked out, but since you have plenty of extras for your pokemon, having a couple more fire energies would prove helpful so you don't run out after discarding with ninetails. typhlosion prime cycles that but you don't always have that extra time to set up typhlosion, and those two fisherman only have 1 use each.

The reason for adding 2 Research Records is that you'll be able to choose better with your ninetails draw. You get to choose the 3 out of the top 4, or if you don't like 3 out of the 4, you can put them on the bottom and try for better cards (kind of like 5-card draw poker haha)

also, I think spiritomb would hurt you. getting up to stage 2 as fast as possible is key for this deck because of charizard and typhlosion. spiritomb limits you to requiring two entire turns to get set up. using trainers and supporters, you could use one turn getting them on the bench and the next turn your rare candies will get them to stage two. So you'll be set up and ready to start doing heavy damage on your second turn instead of on your 3rd with spiritomb. taking all 4 out and adding another communication, 2 more collectors (for speedy filled bench of fire pokemon for charizard) and another fire energy would work great.

so:
-4 (2-2 Bronzong SF)
-4 Spiritomb AR
+2 Research Record
+3 (fire or rescue) Energy
+1 Communication
+2 Collector

P.S. I'm speaking about the rare candies and such for when the rules change with the next rotation. Rare candies are even better right now. I actually use a charizard/typhlosion/ninetails deck as well and ran it with spiritomb for a few battles and quickly realized how much it was slowing me down.

Bronzong SF contains too much inherent fail to use in Charizard. It's a nice idea in theory, but it's a pain in the bumbum to get set up early on, and hurts your damage output later in the game. You also need a lot more {R} energy if you plan to use them for draw power. AT LEAST 12.
- 2-2 Bronzong, +1 Uxie, + 3 {R} Energy.

Also: With Spiritomb, you don't need 4 Candy, SOOOOOOO:
- 2 Candy, + 2 Collector.
Charizard is VERY dependent on benched Pokemon, so 4 Collector is practically mandatory.

i run deck very nice but i think you could lose bronzong AND spiritomb because they slow you down add mor cards to help you set up faster.

I had to opportunity to play test this deck over the weekend. The Tombs where useful against SPs and slowed down there set up significantly but I do have to admit in some cases became frustrating to getting my 'zards going.

I'm still going back and forth about bronzong. He was useful if I could get him out early in the game and was great at feeding my ninetails engine, but if the games went into endgame(and they usually did) I found my self starved for energy and not recovering them fast enough. I will defiantly work in some more fire energy and rescue energy as well.

I think your Ninetales line should be 2-2. It takes up too much space, and you will never need 2 Ninetales out. Maybe drop a 1-1 line for 1 Unown Q and an Azelf LA?

Also, you run Spiritomb, but you have a heavy Trainer line. I think the best thing to do would be to drop at least one Rare Candy and add another BTS.

Hope that helped.

Back