'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Very interesting that Rayquaza GX has swapped out Fire for Grass. Does help as others mentioned Vikavolt.

Stakataka makes sense not that surprising.

The Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think statakata will work because in buzzwole nagnadel your going to want at least one buzzwole on your bench and a nagnadel minimum.

Kyle Asplund

Life is like a boomerang, it all just comes back.
The Playability of this RayquazaGX is decent enough. Bundle up Tapu KokoGX & Tapu BuluGX, Dragon Talon or such that you got, & you got yourself Lexington Steele's true form.

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
Rayquaza GX compared to Tapu Bulu GX:
- Fairy Weakness
- lower damage output at first
- if set up, easier high damage:
6 Energy (possibly turn 3/4) + CB = 210, with Wishful Baton it doesn't loose energy, so damage can increase by 90 each turn

DeadlyBee111

Aspiring Trainer
RIP Bulu Hey Ray
also ray smells like a card that get support from the set like Ultra necrozma did. so maybe something that make use of energie in discard pile. probably some sort of attaching from the bench but even when we dont get anything vikaray still works

DeadlyBee111

Aspiring Trainer
also stakataka is really good in the naganadel aka Beastbox
stacking ability which makes naganadel even tankier and is a beast to fill damage and as far testing goes the metal beastbox variant is the better one than buzzwole so u dont need to change much

uchihasasuke

Uchiha Sasuke
I know they've changed up Rayquaza's energy costs before but I am actually devastated Rayquaza GX is dumping Fire in favor of Grass energy... I wouldn't have minded all colorless but I guess I've been so attached to the Fire Lightning energy cost on my favorite legendary it's kinda hard to accept it changing to Grass Lightning ><

Anyway Rayquaza GX looks set to be a standard archetype, energy acceleration with potentially huge attack plus synergy with Vikavolt! Wish it had at least 190 HP though, I wonder if it'll make a significant difference in the meta hmmm

Charizard=Life

Aspiring Trainer
Rayquaza GX has good synergy with Vikavolt. Mallow to give the ability 100% chance of at least 2 energies. Reminds of Dusk Mane-Magnezone. Hopefully Rayquaza gets support from this set I would love to build a Rayquaza deck.

Charizard=Life

Aspiring Trainer
Speaking of Magnezone here's a meme, Rayquaza-Magnezone. Run 4 Lady, 4 Professor's letter, 4 max elixir, 4 wishful baton. use the first 3 cards to find grass energy and attach it to Rayquaza. Then for the other energies, search all electric and attach them all to Rayquaza immediately using the FBL Magnezone's ability. Whenever wishful baton activates transfer 1 grass and 2 electric energies. STUPID high damage levels.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Actually I made a post-rotation Rayquaza deck.

Rayquaza-GX future deck
(Post-rotation)
Pokemon - 15

3 Rayquaza-GX
2 Grubbin
1 Charjabug
2 Vikavolt
1 Slugma
1 Magcargo
1 Dunsparce
1 Pheromosa
2 Tapu Lele-GX
1 Oranguru (ULP)

Energy - 14
7 Grass Energy
7 Electric Energy

Trainers - 31
3 Cynthia
2 Copycat
1 Mallow
2 Guzma
2 Acerola
1 Judge
1 Volkner
4 Ultra Ball
3 Choice Band
3 Rare Candy
2 Rescue Stretcher
3 Super Scoop Up
2 Energy Recycle System
2 Mysterious Treasure

Wechselbalg

brb
Huh. For Some reason I thought Stakataka's ability would reduce damage by 30. I guess they had to reduce it, because stacking it would have been a bit OP if it was -30 for each. Might still be ok in metal Naganadel but I'm not too hyped for it.

VikaRay sounds sweet, but not necessarily better than VikaBulu. It sill only has 180 HP, (190 would have been an upgrade compared to Bulu) has an ability that is not that great, meaning that stuff like Weavile has more targets against you and you don't hit anything for weakness. Also, weak to Gardevoir. The GX attack is a better Big Wheel though which is nice, especially with no Sycamore in the format.

Last edited:

Clear

Birb is the Word
well, it does not have to be on the Rayquaza unless I am reading it wrong.
30 for every G and Ls on your Pokemon is referring to...?

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
I'm pretty sure Rayface's ability reads: "When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may discard the top 3 cards of your deck. Then, attach as many basic Energy cards you discard in this way from your discard pile to any if your Pokemon in any way you like"