'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

I like how Shiftry is trying to be the new Yanmega Prime. what with Judge being reprinted in Ultra Prism, and Copycat coming in our summer set.

Metagross is completely busted. broken ability, and a great 1 energy attack. i'm surprised we never got a card that said the turn doesn't end if you play Kiawe.

i saw claydol and thought it was a reprint of the broken one from gen 4 with that drawing ability that also put cards on the bottom of the deck. thats not the case. still that attack description is funny. 40 X the number of steven's decision cards in the discard pile. thats only 120 damage for a fighting dce.

Kecleon can do 160 to a buzzwole. not quite hitting the numbers, but choice band can fix that.
but if it becomes a lightning, metal and psychic type, will the attack do less damage to pokemon with resistance to those types? such as Zoroark with resistance to psychic. still a fun concept card for decks playing unit energy.

that paint brush card is perfect for dragon types like Rayquaza gx. say you have 3 lightning attached to it. play this card, and one of those energy is now a grass energy!

Fisherman reprint. SWEET!!!

Tate and liza is complete trash. just play cynthia and dawn wings necrozma to get both effects at once without using a supporter for the turn.

Hustle belt + Night March Joltik... PLEASE STOP! Thinking about this has me curled up in a fetal position in the corner of my room, bawling my eyes out.

i saw claydol and thought it was a reprint of the broken one from gen 4 with that drawing ability that also put cards on the bottom of the deck. thats not the case. still that attack description is funny. 40 X the number of steven's decision cards in the discard pile. thats only 120 damage for a fighting dce.

Isn't that 160 though if you play 4 copies?

I should not be reading this at five in the morning. @Water Pokémon Master had me laughing WAY too hard. I'm looking forward to stuffing my brothers into bags to win games.
in all seriousness, Shiftry might have some viability with choice bands and Judge. Tate and Liza are kicking Cynthia outta my decks, and won't Pink Spray get changed, what with Gorebyss having a history of stabbing people and pokèmon and slurping their organs out? Think of the kids, yeh?

Yes, another metagross! Hope it's usefull for metagross-gx
Eh, Necrozma has me covered, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person playing Metagross competitively. Although 120/150 for one energy IS tempting, I would have to give up a GX spot, which I can't afford to do.
EDIT: please DM me with advice on whether to take out N, Cynthia, or Sycamore to put in Stephen's Decision. I play expanded.

Last edited:
You can play Hustle Belt and Po Town to give Alolan Dugtrio 60 extra damage, at the cost of consistent damage through a stadium later on

--Not worth it tho

But... but... Absol GX? :(
ABSOLutely not.

But in all seriousness I see a lot of these cards being usable. The Shiftry shoes a lot of potential.
Claydol is gimmicky but can hit some good numbers with diancie + CB.
My brother runs Metagross Gx so the new one is going to be gross to face.
I fear the day Joltik+hustle belt becomes a thing.

All in all, pretty solid set in my opinion.

The Delcatty and Grumpig ecspecially caught my eye.
Delcatty is a Stage 1 Double Lele from the Discard pile.
Grumpig does 80 for 1 if you and your opponent have one of the same Pokémon in play (A.K.A Lele.)

That's what I think. See ya!

Kecleon would be an interesting one in a Malamar deck -- with choice band would one shot Ho-oh, Buzzwole, and almost Gardevoir....

Let me throw a couple of opinions in this forum:
  • Wailord alongside the Quagsire from Dragon Storm might actually just work really well together. For one thing, getting the setup isn't too hard since you're pokémon are all stage 1 and Aqua Patch is a thing. Second, You can move quite a bit of water energies and be a lot more flexible than you think. Wailord can do 230 damage with Choice Band if it takes no damage, but when it does take damage (which would be terrible since even just 5 damage counters means this thing can't do jack), you find a way to bring out another Wailord, move all the water energies to the new Wailord, Max Potion the older one, you see where I'm going with this? I think I might be actually seeing something with this card that would otherwise be comparable to what I think is the second worst-EX in the game: Vaporeon-EX.
  • Deoxys (Attack Form) is the new EVO Mewtwo, which means strategy-wise that card doesn't rotate. Keeping that one-prize attacker htting Buzzwole is nice whenever it comes up. The second attack might be decent with Malamar, but you're probably using Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX anyway.
  • Speaking of legendaries, I usually don't care about the art on the cards, it's cool and all but these ones specifically on Kyogre or Groudon or pseudos like Metagross (esspecially Metagross) my god that art looks fantastic!
  • On the topic of Metagross, that ability is hilarious making setup very nice with the card. Maybe I'm not so hype about the attack though, even if it is for one energy. Might depend on which Metagross you like better since Metagross-GX is still around. The Beldum's however, I'm glad we have more of them like the one that has free retreat with more Beldums on your bench.
  • That Hau art.....did I just get spoiled for Ultra Sun / Moon? Eh, might have been predictable if I actually started playing the game. That's cool though if that's what I think it is.
  • Commandment Shrine is Desert Ruins for the modern format? Nice! Back then that's always been a pressuring ability, wonder how it'll work here.
  • So, we're getting the cards in Charisma of the Wrecked Sky and Champion Road in one set I heard? Does that mean we're getting 3 Torchics / Treeckos / Mudkips all of different effects? That'd be a little weird if that was the case.
  • Luvdisc is an interesting counter-bench strategy when going second. Too bad Brigette is being rotated the moment this thing comes out.

Back