Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Dark Phantasma will once again feature Character Rares and Character Super Rares! Four were just revealed on the livestream for Japan’s Champions League; each card features a human character from Legends: Arceus.
The rest of the set’s secret rares should be revealed over the next few days, so stay tuned!

Pikachu-CHR-143x200.jpg

#73 Pikachu (Akari)

Hisuian-Arcanine-CHR-143x200.jpg

#75 Hisuian Arcanine (Rei)

Spiritomb-CHR-143x200.jpg

#76 Spiritomb (Vessa)

Enamorus-V-CSR-143x200.jpg

#88 Enamorus V (Cogita)

Continue reading...

Last edited:

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
Just when I thought this set was going to be an easy skip, they pull me back in!

I MUST have that trainer art Spiritomb and Enamorus for my binder, and I also want a playset of Spiritomb Vessa in PTCGO (... maybe finally PTCGL by then?).

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Sad about the Pokemon selection for Cogita, but the quality of the art makes up for it.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
That Enamorus....that thing's totally gonna be over 100 dollars.
I don't think this one's really going to be meta-relevant, nor is Enamorus a very popular Pokemon. That's 0/2 on the things that usually drive up value hard. Not to mention, Cogita doesn't have the recognition that, say, Cynthia does (even if she's better...)

There's plenty of cards with amazing art- even this artist- that are fairly inexpensive. I'm not just saying that because I want this card- And believe me, I really do want this card- but the factors for it being $100+ just aren't there.

Granted- I'm generally talking about when it comes to an English set via a Trainer Gallery, where prices on those are generally not horrible. But even then... I just looked it up and the Garchomp/Cynthia CSR is currently around $40 in Japanese. I can't imagine that this would be crazy expensive when something like that is going for $40.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think this one's really going to be meta-relevant, nor is Enamorus a very popular Pokemon. That's 0/2 on the things that usually drive up value hard. Not to mention, Cogita doesn't have the recognition that, say, Cynthia does (even if she's better...)

There's plenty of cards with amazing art- even this artist- that are fairly inexpensive. I'm not just saying that because I want this card- And believe me, I really do want this card- but the factors for it being $100+ just aren't there.

Granted- I'm generally talking about when it comes to an English set via a Trainer Gallery, where prices on those are generally not horrible. But even then... I just looked it up and the Garchomp/Cynthia CSR is currently around $40 in Japanese. I can't imagine that this would be crazy expensive when something like that is going for $40.
Coomers will always win. Do not underestimate the power of a man lusting over a fictional woman

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
It's tied to a basic V, in the Trainer Gallery, on a non-popular Pokemon, and on a non-competitively viable card. Look at Valerie's Sylveon V or Karen's Umbreon V, and even the VMAX variants, they're nowhere near $50 let alone $100+. The only V's so far that have passed $100 are secret rare Vmaxes and Vstars, with Charizard and Moltres V's secret rares being the only exceptions (and for a brief point in time regular Charizard VMAX when "the incident" happened). Even the full art Cynthia cards don't go for $100+.

It will probably be a $15-40 card after the first couple of weeks.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
It's tied to a basic V, in the Trainer Gallery, on a non-popular Pokemon, and on a non-competitively viable card. Look at Valerie's Sylveon V or Karen's Umbreon V, and even the VMAX variants, they're nowhere near $50 let alone $100+. The only V's so far that have passed $100 are secret rare Vmaxes and Vstars, with Charizard and Moltres V's secret rares being the only exceptions (and for a brief point in time regular Charizard VMAX when "the incident" happened). Even the full art Cynthia cards don't go for $100+.

It will probably be a $15-40 card after the first couple of weeks.
I don't really care if I'm wrong. Honestly, it should've been Arezu and Lilligant....a character way more people know and a pokemon people actually like. At the end of the day, I'm just goofing about coomer culture :/