Fun Chaos10 - a new, crazy format where any card can be legal

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
What is Chaos10?

In simple terms Chaos10 is a format where, in each rotation, 10 random sets from all of Pokemon's history are legal. You can use any cards from these 10 sets to build yours decks and win. Master the chaos and embrace your creativity in a completely unpredictable environment.

How are these sets chosen? What is the current rotation?

The sets are chosen at complete random. Currently it is planned to have a set rotation every three months.
The sets chosen for the first rotation are:

Primal Clash
Diamond & Pearl
Undaunted
Hidden Fates
Southern Islands
Jungle
Crimson Invasion
Sandstorm
Crystal Guardians
Kalos Starter Set

Which rules do I use to play Chaos10?

Pokemon TCG has famously changed its rules quite drastically multiple times. The latest (newest) set in the rotation determines which rules are used.
Also, if two non-Pokemon cards of the same name exist in the format with the same wording, the latest (newest) card takes precedence. However, if the newest release isn't present in the format, the old wording is used.

How do I play Chaos10?

Chaos10 uses official cards, although it's painfully obvious that many of these are hard to get. You can proxy up decks, or you can use one of many online simulators - Tabletop Simulator, LackeyCCG, PTCG-sim etc. You can also join the Pokemon TCG Custom Cards Community Discord server (same group that operates in the Creative Works category) to find players. Our first play date starts tomorrow, 19.01 (Saturday).

Does this format have bans?

At the beginning the format will not have any bans. After each rotation a discussion will be held and some cards might be banned. However, the spirit of the format is to induce chaos and creativity - only cards that make the game absolutely unplayable will be considered for bans.

Are there any other rules I should know about?

Here is a list of additional rules:
- Unless stated above, Unlimited rules apply.
- Mistranslated cards (ex. Neo Genesis's Slowking) are played with their intended wording, not the printed one.
- You may only play a total of four copies of cards that are functionally identical. (ex. Professor Sycamore/Professor Juniper/Professor’s Research, Escape Rope/Warp Point, etc.)
- Only cards that are tournament legal are legal in Chaos10.

I’ve made some decks already, can’t wait to test them out this Saturday! There’s a lot of wacky cards in this rotation (I’m looking at you, Double Rainbow Energy and Mr. Mime (Jungle)).

Back