BW/BW2 Changing BW Learnsets, Types, and Abilities

^ All the most commonly used Flying-types for me cannot learn it. I was surprised when I went to teach it to my Unfezant and found she was not compatible, because Acrobatics is a great move if the Pokemon has no held item.

Well, I don't think that something like Unfezant would have the body structure capable of doing acrobatics well (unless it wasn't truly acrobatics and did a motion similar to Aerial Ace or something).

I figured all bird based pokemon would we able to use acrobatics: the midair flips should be easy with wings

no, no, I ain't done with the Charizard thing. Pokefan, are you serious? Do you really believe what you said? So, you think Charizard is not a dragon and instead, it's a lizard just because its name contains "lizard"? LOL... By your logic, doduo is based on dodos and not ostriches...
And how did you fit Scrafty in my logic? Scrafty has nothing to do with what I was saying... Charizard IS a dragon. period. And it's not because whether its name has "dragon" in it or not, its because of its appearance!
An european dragon, to be specific.
006Charizard.png
dragon_fire.jpg

And Gyarados is a dragon too. An oriental sea dragon...

And he didn't even know I was trolling

Not sure if this particular one was mentioned yet (most likely has, but I don't want to look through 5 pages to find out), but Escavalier's Pokédex entry states that they "fly around at high speed", yet they have terrible base speed. It should at least get a damaging priority move. Maybe Bullet Punch...? Nah, that'd be asking too much from something with 135 base attack.

Also, I'd gladly trade some lower base stats to get Archeops' ability changed. Easily one of the worst abilities in the game.

Itd be great if archeops could skill swap defeatist though. But yeah archeops needs a cooler ability, mold breaker or rock head?
I think itd be ok for escavielar to get atleast one awesom hit before it burns immediately to any special fire move. A sdance/bulletpunch/focussash combo?

Pokefan4000 said:
And he didn't even know I was trolling

Yes, I knew but using Scrafty as an example was stupid... I was talking about 'zard's appearance and you came with name origins... you were the one in the 1st place who didn't understand what I was explaining... not my fault:rolleyes:...

I wonder why Ludicolo can't learn Quiver Dance, Dragon Dance, and many other moves involving dancing (but mostly the first one). I think it's pretty obvious why.

I say if its very reptillian or a specifically dancing pokemon (ludicolo) it should get ddance.
Reptiles come from dinos who are dragons.
And i completely agree with thw above because colo deserves more then sdance

"Mienshao wields the fur on its arms like a whip. Its arm attacks come with such rapidity that they cannot even be seen."
-Can't learn Quick attack OR any priority move whatsoever.
-Can't learn Power Whip
"Golurk flies across the sky at Mach speeds."
-If it can fly at Mach speeds, it should probably be able to learn Mach Punch.
"Bouffalant charge wildly and headbutt everything. Their headbutts have enough destructive force to derail a train."
-It CAN learn Headbutt, but only by Breeding. Isn't that a little weird?

Yoda 432 said:
"Mienshao wields the fur on its arms like a whip. Its arm attacks come with such rapidity that they cannot even be seen."
-Can't learn Quick attack OR any priority move whatsoever.

Actually it does learn a priority move, Fakeout.

I don't get why Flygon doesn't get Dragon Dance.
I also don't get why Tornadus is the only pure flying type, that makes no sense, Staraptor and the others shouldn't be cursed with neutral damage from fighting attacks :/

@ Tyranitar

I agree, Staraptor should be Flying/Fighting, after all, wouldn't it be great for Staraptor if CloseCombat got STAB? 0_o

Ehh, I couldn't see Staraptor getting Fighting as a type, oh, and Sudowoodo should also get grass typing, he looks like a wannabe grass type :/

I don't think he should, Sudowoodo's design was supposed to give the false impression of being a grass type as hinted in the anime series, most notably when Brock's Sudowoodo befriend a Nuzleaf.

Tyrant Tyranitar said:
I also don't get why Tornadus is the only pure flying type, that makes no sense,

thats a very good point. i bet a lot of people wonder the same. i think maybe he should get water/flying as a type. maybe normal/flying?

Fan Rotom is Electric/Flying...and gets Levitate as its ability.
Thank you, Gamefreak.

TheSilverSoul said:
Tyrant Tyranitar said:
I also don't get why Tornadus is the only pure flying type, that makes no sense,

thats a very good point. i bet a lot of people wonder the same. i think maybe he should get water/flying as a type. maybe normal/flying?

Nah, Tornadus is better off staying pure Flying. I don't get how Pigeot can be normal and flying and same with the rest; on second notice, why is Noctowl Normal and Flying? It should be Psychic and Flying :/

Tyrant Tyranitar said:
TheSilverSoul said:
Tyrant Tyranitar said:

Nah, Tornadus is better off staying pure Flying. I don't get how Pigeot can be normal and flying and same with the rest; on second notice, why is Noctowl Normal and Flying? It should be Psychic and Flying :/

guess you're right. and about noctowl, before finishing your sentence, I was thinking dark/flying. i guess thats just from it being a nocturnal bird hence the name...but psychic/flying sounds good

Back