• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Chandelure Yanmega

Puckstopper20

Aspiring Trainer
Here's something a little different that I haven't seen much of myself. I have a lot of ideas for this deck that I will bring up towards the end of the post.

Pokemon:

3-3 Yanmega Prime (TM)
4-4-4 Chandelure Line (NV) (Promo Litwicks eventually)
2-2 Dodrio Line (UD)
1 Cleffa

Total:23

Trainers/Supporters:

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Judge
4 Copycat
2 Professor Juniper
3 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Catcher
3 Switch
4 Rare Candy

Total: 30

Energy:

4 Rescue Energy

Total:4

Deck Total: 57

Okay, the strategy would be to start with Yanma, and set up my bench with a combination of Yanma, Litwick, Litwick. By turn 2, hopefully have a Yanmega, Lampent, or Chandelure while I set up a Dodrio. Turn three, I'd like to start spreading with two Chandelure and finishing off with Yanmega.

Like I said in the beginning, this version won't be attacking with Chandelure, so that's why I'm only going with 4 Rescue Energy in the deck.

I still have room for 7 cards, and I'm thinking of putting in a Vileplume line, and a Kingdra line. If I were to go for a trainer lock, obviously my Trainer line would change and probably make more room for other things.

* HAD room for 7 cards.. I knew something was missing..

Lastly, no tropical beach because I simply don't own any. I'm already thinking about getting some, but only at the right price.

All criticism accepted!

You don't need 4 lampent. Run two if you run vileplume and one if you don't. The deck should have three to four rare candies. Four if you run vileplume.

cf11 said:
You don't need 4 lampent. Run two if you run vileplume and one if you don't. The deck should have three to four rare candies. Four if you run vileplume.

THAT'S what I was missing -________________- Fixing it right now.
As far as 4-4-4, If I DO go trainer lock, I still need those Lampent..

A 4-2-4 Chandy line with vileplume is just asking to be terribly inconsistent.
EDIT: hold on a sec... where's the vileplume?!?!

pokemonjoe said:
A 4-2-4 Chandy line with vileplume is just asking to be terribly inconsistent.
EDIT: hold on a sec... where's the vileplume?!?!

No, I'm going 4-4-4 regardless, and in the last paragraph I said I was thinking of putting in a vileplume line. The decklist is not a lock version. The lock is a possibility.

Puckstopper20 said:
No, I'm going 4-4-4 regardless, and in the last paragraph I said I was thinking of putting in a vileplume line. The decklist is not a lock version. The lock is a possibility.

Vileplume is a definite option, but Kingdra has to be cut :p. Kingdra won't be as useful if you're already using chandelure to place those extra damages.

Puckstopper20 said:

I agree lol, 3 at the least if you're running trainer lock. Its likely that you will get vileplume active before you candy the chandelures.

I actually play a similar deck. It has 1-1 Blissey to heal damage and a 1-1 Donphan to do and give damage. Everything else is great. Though you would need to add in 2 or so fighting and something to get Blissey back. ( I play 1 Seeker, 1 Scoop Up)
Also, why is it 4-4-4? It should be 4-2-4.

Why exactly do you need 4-4-4 Chandelure? It's just overkill. 4-1-4 or 4-2-4 is better.

I run a very similar deck but I run 4-3-4 chandelure with teleportation burst litwicks. I use less trainers and include a fair amount of psychic energy so I can make use of chandelure's awesome status effects ( I don't know how I would stop zekrom with out it) and run 2 Jirachi in as well because chandelure can spread damage across the bench and then late game I use Jirachi with 3-4 energy and it's possible to get 3-4 KO at once with the de-evo. Works beautiful against stage 2 oriented decks.

I think that 4 judge is way to much for judge. Judge is mainly used in Magnezone decks, but I don not think that it would really fit in with this deck because there are better hand refreshers. I'd suggest cutting some and adding PONT or Juniper or Sage's Training.

Been playing this deck online today....id seriously consider at least a 1-1 Blissey Prime. It saved twice already in really close games against Kyurem heavy decks.

Very interesting. I've been testing a similar deck, and I find that using the newer card Pokemon Center for a stadium to be a plus to healing. Also, is switch needed?

-3 Switch
+2 Pokemon Center
+1 Juniper

But, nice list.

I think that this deck should have twins in it because it is a Stage 2 deck and usually/sometimes the opponent will take a prize card of of lit wick or vileplume. I'd suggest cutting out some judge or copycat for twins.

DaUmbreonMaster said:
Very interesting. I've been testing a similar deck, and I find that using the newer card Pokemon Center for a stadium to be a plus to healing. Also, is switch needed?

-3 Switch
+2 Pokemon Center
+1 Juniper

But, nice list.

If you run pokemon center then your opponet can heal off the spreaded damage which really defeats the purpose of the deck

In the place of Pokemon Center, I'd suggest using Tropical Beach for a consistant hand of six cards. I think a couple of psychic energy would be nice too since chandelure's attack could also help sometimes.

Jirachi said:
In the place of Pokemon Center, I'd suggest using Tropical Beach for a consistant hand of six cards. I think a couple of psychic energy would be nice too since chandelure's attack could also help sometimes.

Didn't he already say No Tropical Beach?

Also, totally forgot Pokemon Center's side effect, herp derp.

Oh yes. Sorry I forgot about that. A couple of psychic energies could really help since chandelures attack and Lampents luring light could help during the game.

Back