Chandelure vs Emboar

Y'know, now that Eelektrik is being rotated, Chandelure is probably the best way to run Turbo Bouffalant. All you need is a DCE and 1 Chandelure in play to power one up. Turbo Bouff seems like it would fair pretty well against VirGen, especially if you tech a Reshiram in their. Maybe add some Lasers in there, too, so Reshiram can KO a Kyurem, and it doesn't sound half bad anymore.

Turbo Bouff sounds like a fun idea. I would advise running Aspertia and Bangle too. Tech in a couple of Sawk for those pesky Thundurus.

My idea for fire acceleration would be victini ex. It allows you to even do the Victini box deck and if you get victory piece on turn one you toast genesect.

Serperior said:
I'm not digging Rayquaza as a main attacker as much as I used to, so I think it'd be kinda cool to see something like Entei-EX in the spotlight. It has some Energy acceleration on its own, and you don't need to be wholeheartedly reliant on Emboar if it gets targeted.
I actually like the idea of running Entei-EX, but instead of Reshiram not Rayquaza. Rayquaza is your main attacker against non-ViriGen Decks, able to OHKO most things with just 3 Fire 1 Lightning (making it the same as Black Kyurem-EX in Keldeo Decks). But Entei can OHKO Genesect-EX/Virizion-EX, and doesn't Discard Energy and actually accelerates it! Though the one benefit Reshiram has, is being able to make use of Silver Bangle should you choose to run it.

Victini-EX I'm not that big a fan of.. I just haven't had great luck making use of his acceleration. And he is quite squishy, especially against a Keldeo/Kyurem.

As for Turbo Bouffalant, I'm sure there are better options than Chandelure (is Chandy even better than Emboar anyway?), like Victini-EX, PlasmaBadge+Thundurus/Colress, Ether+Musharna/Pokedex, heck even Virizon-EX+GrassEnergy are some options off the top of my head...

(Everyone says RayBoar isn't a viable Deck, but I don't see why. With ViriGen hitting Keldeo for weakness most Blastoise Decks are running Black Kyurem as their main attacker more often than not. And Blastoise+BlackKyurem is no different than Emboar+Rayquaza, both have same effects, both require 1 Lightning, both are Dragons, and both Discard 3. Yeah BK hits a little harder, but 180 can one-shot most anything, and Rayq can hit harder for extra energy if need be. The only difference between the Decks is RayBoar lacking Rush-In, but one can easily tech in a Keldeo or just run more Float Stones, and with people running so many Tool Scrappers what's to say a Keldeo will even be able to keep his? So I don't see how RayBoar is any less viable than Blastoise all things considered..)

The only fire deck I have tried in the past few months is Entei EX/Chandelure. Chandy fuels your first Entei and others if need be, then you spam Grand Flame for the Entei stream.
However I do believe RayBoar to be the superior deck. No one plays Eviolite anymore and Rayquaza is not weak to Keldeo. Mirror doesn't affect you and Bangle shouldn't be used. You could stall with Mirror though. The issues is, of course, Beaches.

blargh257 said:
The only fire deck I have tried in the past few months is Entei EX/Chandelure. Chandy fuels your first Entei and others if need be, then you spam Grand Flame for the Entei stream.
However I do believe RayBoar to be the superior deck. No one plays Eviolite anymore and Rayquaza is not weak to Keldeo. Mirror doesn't affect you and Bangle shouldn't be used. You could stall with Mirror though. The issues is, of course, Beaches.

Hmm? What about Entei-EX tagging up with Victini-EX and rayqueza-ex?

just a thought :p

I'll test my guess! P

I love the idea of Entei, Victini, and Rayquaza. Although with that and Emboar, it seems a bit clunky.

Also, why do so many people play Blastoise instead of Emboar. They do the same thing, and both have great pair ups. So why do people prefer Blastoise

Because Keldeo and BKEX are way better than Fire attackers, and (pre-PLB at least) Water weakness meant weak to 2 top tier decks while Grass was nonexistent.

Although both decks suck for a multitude of reasons, Emboar/Rayquaza is better because it can much more consistently attach energy.

Momaster12 said:
I love the idea of Entei, Victini, and Rayquaza. Although with that and Emboar, it seems a bit clunky.

You could make it Victini and Rayquaza as your EXs and if you start of with victini you can skyla for victory piece and get VirGen if it doesn't get prized

I'd be tempted to play a heatmor rayquaza deck. 8 pokemon some ethers etc. nothing else.

ryter78 said:
Momaster12 said:

You could make it Victini and Rayquaza as your EXs and if you start of with victini you can skyla for victory piece and get VirGen if it doesn't get prized

I'd be tempted to play a heatmor rayquaza deck. 8 pokemon some ethers etc. nothing else.

I did a test with Victini-ex/Raqueza-ex you should check this posting out if you have not yet: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-fun-mono-rayquaza

Also; Kyurem is a killer for this deck.So,look out.

I was under the impression that the promos rotated through Mewtwo from the lendary tin promos last year. Isn't emboar completely out of standard?
For fun chandelure ideas: BCR Darmanitan (counter punch), bouffalants, reshiram?

anythingbutgrass said:
I was under the impression that the promos rotated through Mewtwo from the lendary tin promos last year. Isn't emboar completely out of standard?
For fun chandelure ideas: BCR Darmanitan (counter punch), bouffalants, reshiram?
Emboar (Inferno Fandango) was reprinted as a Secret Rare in Next Destinies, so he is still in rotation.

White kyurem EX has a move:
Ice Burn 2Fire 1Water 1Colorless
Discard 2 Fire Energy attached to this Pokémon. The Defending Pokémon is now Burned.

Plus HypnoTaco and virbank that's 180/200 a turn. Also Utilizing Crystal Edge (yeah I know no one likes it) You can take out Black Kyurem (Black Ballista) easier-ly.

ryter78 said:
White kyurem EX has a move:
Ice Burn 2Fire 1Water 1Colorless
Discard 2 Fire Energy attached to this Pokémon. The Defending Pokémon is now Burned.

Plus HypnoTaco and virbank that's 180/200 a turn. Also Utilizing Crystal Edge (yeah I know no one likes it) You can take out Black Kyurem (Black Ballista) easier-ly.

Better of use a PLS W/kyu And the Edge with 5 damage counters, it OHKO's everything, no need to discard, And definitly free space as no need for "tacos" XD

Back