CF11's Season!!! 290 CP

cf11

Aspiring Trainer
I know it is late, but everyone has one so why not?

Battle Roads Total CP= 50

These were all with Garbodor/Terrakion/Mewtwo

BR# 1

Round 1 W
Round 2 W
Round 3 L
Round 4 W

3rd= 10 CP

BR# 2

Round 1 W
Round 2 L
Round 3 W
Round 4 W
Round 5 L

6th= 0 CP

BR# 3

Round 1 W
Round 2 W
Round 3 W
Round 4 W

1st Place= 15 CP
Fun fact nobody TOOK A PRIZE against me all day!

BR #4

Round 1 W
Round 2 W
Round 3 W

1st= 15 CP

BR#5

Round 1 L
Round 2 W
Round 3 W
Rounds 4 W

5th= 0 CP

BR# 6

Round 1 W
Round 2 W
Round 3 W
Round 4 L

3rd= 10 CP

BR# 7

Round 1 W
Round 2 L
Round 3 W
Round 4 W

5th= 0 CO

Regionals with Darkrai/Garbodor

Round 1 W
Round 2 L
Round 3 W
Round 4 W
Round 5 L
Round 6 W

9th= No topcut= 0 CP

Cities Total CP= 150 that count 240 in total

Cities # 1 Darkrai/Hydreigon

Round 1 W
Round 2 W
Round 3 L
Round 4 W

3rd= 30 CP

Cities # 2 Blastoise/Keldeo

Round 1 W
Round 2 L
Round 3 W
Round 4 W

3rd 30 Cp

Cities# 3 Blastoise/Keldeo

Round 1 L
Round 2 W
Round 3 L
Round 4 W

8th= 0 CP

Cities# 4 Ho-Oh
Round 1 W
Round 2 W
Round 3 W
Round 4 L

Top 2
Game 1 W
Game 2 L
Game 3 L

2nd= 0 CP

Cities #5 Blastoise/Keldeo
Round 1 W
Round 2 W
Round 3 L
Round 4 W
Round 5 L

5th= 0 CP

Cities # 6 Hammertime

Round 1 L
Round 2 W
Round 3 W
Round 4 L

7th= 0 CP

Now my magical run with my favourite deck!

Cities # 7 KlinKlang

Round 1 W
Round 2 L
Round 3 W
Round 4 against hammertime W

Top 2
L
W (6-0 comeback)
L

Cities # 8

Round 1 W
Round 2 W
Round 3 W
Round 4 W
Round 5 L (Donk)

Top 4

Game 1 W
Game 2 L
Game 3 W

Top 2

Game 1 L
Game 2 W
Game 3 L

2nd= 40 CP

Cities# 9 Klinklang

Round 1 W
Round 2 W
Round 3 W
Round 4 L

Top 4

Game 1 L
Game 2 W
Game 3 L

I decided to retire KlinKlang while ahead and decided to use the rest of cities as testing for regionals.

Cities #10 Prism Hydreigon

Round 1 W
Round 2 L
Round 3 W
Round 4 W

3rd= 30 CP

Cities #11 White Tea

Round 1 W
Round 2 L
Round 3 W
Round 4 L
Round 5 W

6th= 0 CP

Virginia Regionals Total CP= 90

I decided to play Ho-Oh, because I felt it didn't have a bad matchup and could beat anything. Here is the list I played.

Pokemon
2 Ho-Oh EX
3 Mewtwo EX
2 Sigilyph
2 Terrakion
1 Bouffalant

Trainers/Supporters
4 Juniper
4 N
2 Bianca
1 Cheren
1 Random Receiver
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Energy Switch
4 Switch
4 Ultra Ball
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Plus Power
2 Eviolite
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Computer Search

Energy
4 Fighting
3 Psychic
3 Random Energy Types
4 Double Colourless (Yes I spelt it right I am Canadian)

It was a long trek for me from Toronto to Virginia, but arriving late Friday night I was pretty intimidated by the pure size of the people there.Just to give you an idea of how small the Toronto regionals was we only had 33 seniors with top 8! I test a couple of games through PlayTCG with my friend and then hit the sack. When I woke up I took a shower and put on my lucky shirt. When I walked into the lobby I was overwhelmed by the sheer number of people as in Canada our events aren't that big. I was really scared, because coming into the tournament I only had 200 CP so I knew I would of had to cut to even be close to getting my worlds invite. Registration ended at 9 and the first round started at 12!!! which was ridiculous. Anyways there were 87 seniors 7 rounds top 16. So now that you have heard my little story onto the report.

I apologize if the names are incorrect or missing the first day was 14 hours for me!!!

Round 1 Zach with EEls

As soon as he flipped over Zekrom I was kicking myself for taking out Landorous EX for the second Sigilyph as I anticipated a whole lot of Blastoise (at my table of 20 games 18 had blastoise in the game). I went agro Mewtwo taking out Tynamos and he could never get set up and I just proceeded to sweep. GG

1-0

Round 2 Oliver With Ho-Oh mirror

He starts double Mewtwo to my one Mewtwo with me going first. I found out he doesn't run Plus Power so I drop DCE after ultra balling a Ho-Oh and an energy. He can never get his DCEs and I just Mewtwo swept him to move onto 2-0. GG

2-0

We had a 90 minute lunch break,but I don't eat anything, because I always get tummy aches when I eat at tourneys.

Round 3 I forget with RayEEls

She starts with a Rayquaza EX and Tynamo on the bench going first to my Mewtwo. She has two eels in her hand along with two junipers, a Super Rod and an N and decides to Juniper and I'm like thats fine with me. I get the catcher DCE on my turn to take out a Tynamo and after she discards her other eel I just forget about it and stack a Mewtwo and she can't respond. GG

3-0

Now I am thrilled being in this position,but I am worried because last year I was in the same spot and chocked by being 9th seed. After about 30 minutes round 4 pairings are up.

Round 4 Orrin With Darkrai/Terrakion/Landorous/Sableye HAMMERS!!!!

I hate hammertime so much, but get of to an early 3-6 lead after a knock out on a Darkrai and a Sableye. My opponents burns through all their Catchers by turn 5 and by then I had a 15 card hand with no energy or supporters!! He just keeps Land Crushing until he is at one prize and I have a Mewtwo no energy with 90 damage active and a Sigy with 70 on the bench. I topdeck Juniper play it get terrakion switch into it and pass while attaching an energy. My opponent Junk hunts for two catchers. I have about 30 cards left in my deck rebirth get heads energy switch to Terrakion and N putting me at 3 him at 1, but his deck is at 9 cards so he has a high chance of getting a Catcher on my N I get lucky and hit my last fighting to KO a Sableye putting the game at 2-1 in his favour(BTW the u in things like colour and favour is the Canadian way of spelling things). He N'swhiffing the catcher and puts my hand at 2 energy cards and then retaliates. Now no matter what I lose if I don't win on my turn. I topdeck Random Receiver and have 3 N's 2 Bianca and 1 Juniper left and I hit my Juniper. I play it with a deck of about 25 adn hit my last Catcher to K.O. his Darkrai for the game! I had no business whatsoever winning that, but really GG bro.

4-0

Now at this point I'm feeling really good about my chances knowing if I win my next game I make cut for sure.

Round 5 Alex (Glace on Pokebeach) with Straight Hammertime

At the time we were playing I didn't know it was Glace, but I get of to a huge start with Mewtwo and can devote all my energy except 2 energy on a terrakion to my Mewtwo and I'm thinking does he play Mewtwo? Then I'm like nahhhhhhhhhh #YOLO right? I knew even if he does he has already used three energy switch so the chances are low.I K.O. a Darkrai and put my self at 1 prize. He N'sme to one and him to 6 and gets the Mewtwo with the energy switch and I'm like uhhhhhh what do I do now? The card I got of N was Ultra Ball. I promote my Terrakion draw and smile flipping over a Catcher! Lolz I guess my new name is Mr.Lucksack/Topdeck lolz. GG bro

5-0

At this point I'm 5-0 and guaranteed cut and I am super pumped! After the game I meet up with Alex (Glace) and find out he is Glace. Alex is a super cool guy and we hung out the rest of the day. It was really cool meeting Pokebeachers and during that time period I also met QWERTYDITTO, Roguechomp, Iisnumber12 and Emmet.

Round 6 Alex (Blastoise)

Alex got top 8 last year at worlds so I knew he was a serious player. I go first with mewtwo no supporter and 1 energy.This continues forever until he gets a Blastoise and Kills my Mewtwo with his own. I respond with another one after top decking Juniper which he then gets a keldeo charged up. I K.O.his Keldeo and he K.O.'s my Mewtwo back. I get another Mewtwo and N putting us both at 2,but he got a Juniper and hit a catcher for game.I can't really complain, because I got extremely lucky my last two rounds off N myself. GG

5-1

Round 7 (Last Round) Zach with Darkrai/Mewtwo/Roserade

We go to a Mewtwo war and I win by getting a cather off a Juniper.I apologize I really can't remember much about this game.GG

6-1

I finish swiss at 6-1 and am guarenteed cut for sure!!!

Here were the final standings for seniors.

I'm sorry if the image doesn't work I don't really know how to insert it properly lolz.

as you might be able to see I went in at 2nd seed and am facing Emmet (Emmetch22 I think on Pokebeach)

Now I was super excited as the best I have ever done in my life was Top 2 at a cities Lolz don't laugh.

Top 16 Emmet with Straight Hammertime.

Game 1

I go first and get a slow start attaching fighting to Mewtwo. He discards two N'son his first turn and a 3rd one on his next turn! I eventually just set up Terrakion and K.O. all his Darkrais for the game. He also made a mistake of putting down to sableyes unnecessary as it didn't force me to play the 7 prize game. GG

Game 2

He goes first and I get off to an early lead by K.O.ing multiple Sableyes and a Darkrai. This game he saved his N's and puts me at two. At this point I had 2 Terrakions with a fighting each. I draw pass for awhile while he takes 4 prizes tying up the game. At one point he has a crucial decision if he wants to go after my terrakions or attack with mewtwo I bluff and pretend I have nothing and after a couple of minutes he catchers one of my terrakions.I had been saving fighting energy switch and a pluspower if I needed them and I played them down and Land Crushed for the game! GG Emmet

7-1

By the time the match finished Glace, Roguechomp and Emmet were all out with me an Iisnumber12 the only Pokebeachers left. I got back to my hotel room at 10:30 and ordered room service as I was starved. I couldn't sleep knowing I was facing Rayeels and I honestly hate playing against it.I finally fell asleep at 12 and got up at 7:30 took a shower brushed my teeth and had orange juice before getting to the room for my topcut match. We were playing in the same room as masters top cut and me and my Canadian bro Geneses were trolling Pram and Ben Potter.

Top 8 I am really sorry I forgot your name with RayEels

Game 1

I go first and get a slow start attaching to a Mewtwo and passing. My opponent ultra balls for Emolga attaches to rayquaza and passes. I Xball for 60 by attaching again. My opponenet retreats attaches to emolga and cff for two tynamos. On my turn I catcher one and K.O. it. On my next turn I attach dce to mewtwo hit heads on rebirth and energy switch catcher his Rayquaza EX for K.O.. From there it was an uphill battle for him by the time he got three eels left the game was 6-2 in my favour and both his Rayquaza EX's were damaged.and I had bouffalant with DCE on my bench. He tries to comeback but I have juniper in my hand and get the energy to take game 1. GG

Game 2

I start Ho-Oh to his Rayquaza EX and after slow starts from the both of us he plays his hand to zero and he never got rolling again and I just steamrolled him to move onto top 4!!! GG

8-1

At this point I am soooooooo excited I'm like I'm so close to the prize I have to do this for Canada!!!!!!

Top 4 Beau with Ho-Oh

Game 1

From the get go I start a mewtwo war by leaving a mewtwo dce active with an eviolite. I lure out a mewtwo dce + energy from him to make sure he always needs three energy on a mewtwo. I had an N in my hand so I was making it really hard for him to respond. I take another Mewtwo K.O.and then he responds after playing N. At this point the game gets really close and I have bouffalant stuck active. I had energy + catcher in hand with mewtwo and an energy and he had mewtwo with 1 energy on the bench. On my turn I top deck energy switch for the game by loading 4 energy onto a mewtwo and catchering his with 1! GG

Game 2

Once again it goes to a war, but I had no supporter the whole game and am forced to BENCH A HO-OH to survive. At one point the game gets to 2-4 and I get an N and I need to hit one of my 3 switch left or my last super scoop up. I whiff and we move onto game three. GG

Game 3

This game is extremely close with him having to mewtwos at 160 each and a sigilyph with psychic dce and I n him to two and he gets catcher switch for the game and I was like uhhhhhhh it took me a few moments to realize my run was over I was devistated I came sooooo close. I wish my opponent luck and he actually wins the tourney by beating a Garbodor coballion in the finals! GG and good job bro.

Shoutouts!!/pros
I STOMPED ALL YOU AMERICANS!!!!
Big shoutout to my Canadian crew
Ethan (Seniors 4-3)
Tristan (Juniors either 4-2 or 3-3)
Maurvin (He is our local PTO and Ethan and Tristan's father)
Jackson (Junior who got top 4 and now has his invite good job little buddy!)
Rob (Masters 6-3 whiff)
David Sun (Masters top 16!)
Khevin (Masters I forgot what he finished)
Geneses (Masters 5-4 and had the guts to play KlinkKlang and for giving me lots of laughs)
All the Pokebeachers I met
Top 4!!!!!
My mom and grandparents for taking me
the $500 dollars and all the prizes
The experience
New Friends
Everyone fascinated with the Canadian

Slops
Disorganized tourney
Long wait time between rounds
So close yet so far
Long trip back