Ruling Cessation Crystal PROBLEM #1

kravenace

Cynthia is <3
lets say if you have a vibrava on the active with cess crystal.... then you evovle it in into flygon ex LM.... will the power work?! oh BTW Abhorsen, really need you're help on this one

I'm not 100% sure whether the discard of Cessation Crystal comes before the use of Flygon ex's power, since they both technically happen at the same time... I'm getting it ruled on atm and will get back to you with the official answer as soon as I get it.

IMO, it depends on the player that evolves Flygon EX. If I recall properly, when you evolve Flygon EX, you remove Cessation Crystal First, then use Emerge Charge. I'm not even 70% sure. It's like the "Chaos Gym > Slowking" Problem. It should be the player with Flygon EX who decides which to go first. Hope this helps...?! :p

I would say yes because once its attached to an ex, it has to be discarded...I can't think of any other situations similar to this besides zappy v slaking, but since nintendo fixed how that worked, its not a really good one.

Still waiting on the Professors to rule on it and give me an official answer as they haven't yet. If they don't reply by tomorrow then i'll see if I can nudge a quicker response out of them, but I have no idea how long it will take.

If I don't get a response soon, simply play your example where Cessastion Crystal is discarded immediately and then use Flygon ex's power. I'm only asking the question to the Professors to get a correct answer as i'm not 100% sure and there is no ruling like this in the Compendium which we can refer to...

Sorry if I have to bring back a dead thread, but this was never answered. Follow up please! :D

Here you go.

The Compendium said:
== BURSTING UP (Typhlosion EX - EX:Unseen Forces)

Q. Say I've got Energy Root attached to Quilava, and then I evolve into Typhlosion-EX from my hand. Is Energy Root discarded before "Bursting Up" triggers, or does it stop "Bursting Up" and then get discarded because it is attached to a Pokemon EX?
A. Since these actions both happen at the same time, it would be player's choice to resolve it in the order that they want. (Apr 20, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

Your example is the same thing. You decide how you want to do it.

Back