• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Celibi/Mewtwo EX for Cities

umbeosion

check out my new Blog!!
Having recently opened a "Next Destinies" booster box, only to discover that I had pulled 2 Mewtwo EX (full art and regular), I thought I may as well use them in a deck considering they are one of the best cards in the format. So I may as well get on with the list:

4 Celibi Prime
2 Mewtwo EX
3 Tornadus

4 Professor Juniper
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 plus power
2 N
3 Pokemon Catcher
4 Junk Arm
2 Skyarrow Bridge
2 Pokegear 3.0
4 Dual Ball
2 Evolite
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Switch
1 Revive

4 Double Colourless Energy
10 Grass Energy

Currently only one problem with this deck - I either get a really good hand or multiple mulligans then a lone Celibi Prime + a load of "useless" trainers; anyone know how to combat this???
Please can I have your Opinions!!!

EDIT: Updated list!!!

If you have trouble with getting out cards you need, I would suggest running 1 more pokegear. I'd say that maybe a FSL or revive in case Mewtwo is KOd since you only run 2, but it isnt too needed.

This might be helpful

http://www.http://google.com/.com/deck-analysis/hype-closer-celebi-prime/

I really don't see Zekrom and Reshiram as very good in this deck.

umbeosion said:
Having recently opened a "Next Destinies" booster box, only to discover that I had pulled 2 Mewtwo EX (full art and regular), I thought I may as well use them in a deck considering they are one of the best cards in the format. So I may as well get on with the list:

4 Celibi Prime
2 Mewtwo EX
3 Tornadus

4 Professor Juniper
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 plus power
2 N
3 Pokemon Catcher
4 Junk Arm
2 Skyarrow Bridge
2 Pokegear 3.0
4 Dual Ball
2 Evolite
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Switch
1 Revive

4 Double Colourless Energy
10 Grass Energy

Currently only one problem with this deck - I either get a really good hand or multiple mulligans then a lone Celibi Prime + a load of "useless" trainers; anyone know how to combat this???
Please can I have your Opinions!!!

EDIT: Updated list!!!

I really like this deck, huge fan of pokegear 3.0. List is great but would suggest fitting:

1 Shaymin EX

What this would do is give you a backup plan if you get a crap start, and we all know how MTC's late game is if your opponent techs a couple mewtwo's :D

Cameron_b said:
I really like this deck, huge fan of pokegear 3.0. List is great but would suggest fitting:

1 Shaymin EX

What this would do is give you a backup plan if you get a crap start, and we all know how MTC's late game is if your opponent techs a couple mewtwo's :D

Thanks for the advice! I will try to get a hold of Shaymin Ex for testing, although I do feel regigigas would work; having said that I still need to get hold of either one of them. As suggested I will try but you left me hanging as to what's to come out. Any suggestions???

umbeosion said:
Thanks for the advice! I will try to get a hold of Shaymin Ex for testing, although I do feel regigigas would work; having said that I still need to get hold of either one of them. As suggested I will try but you left me hanging as to what's to come out. Any suggestions???
You could always proxy it and try it out, although just so you know you can only use proxies at league or with your friends.

Back