• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Celesteela gx deck

monsterenergy77

Aspiring Trainer
This is gonna be the deck I build once crimson invasion drops with celasteela gx. its primary attack at first glance sounds pretty low but once it get its help out into play it can pretty much OHKO almost all meta gx cards. Gardevoir, Garbador, Drampa, Golisopod, Tapu bulu, Volcanion, Alolan ninetails gx all can be 1 shot with about 1-2 alolan dugtrio in play, the only exeptions would be Metagross gx and Raichu gx, these ones will be 2 shot.

16 Pokemon

3 Celesteela GX
3 Alolan diglet
3 Alolan dugtrio
3 Zorua
2 Zoroark GX
1 Zoroark (breakthrough)
1 Tapu lele

15 Support
4 Sycamore
3 N
3 Guzma
2 Mallow
1 Brigette
1 Lillie
1 Acerola

17 Items
4 Ultra ball
4 Choice band
3 Field blower
2 Mount lanakila
2 Float stone
1 Special charge
1 Evosoda

12 Energy
4 DCE
8 Metal energy

Celesteela's primary attack does a base of 30 dmg plus 30 dmg for each retreat cost of your opponents active pokemon, and once you get 1-2 somtimes 3 alolan dugtrio into play your increasing their retreat cost increasing your dmg. Add a choice band into the mix and you can pretty much one shot everything, the only card you will have trouble with is metagross gx and probably raichu gx. The zoroark gx is kind of just a option but i think its realy good to have in alot of decks especially if you are gonna run dce anyway, its realy cheap easy dmg his ability is great especially in combo with mallow and its a good target for acerola. This also gives you a second option for trying to win, if your facing a electric deck Celesteela is gonna struggle big time but zoroark is here to deal with it instead, if you opponent happens to have a immunity to gx the baby zoroark can deal with it. I think this deck will be very good and will probably be a pretty good option for the meta atm. Thought about removing the evosoda for maybe another acerola but that might be a play test decision once i can do that. let me know what you think of this deck build, love seeing what ppl have to say about different builds cuz everyone has different preferences, play styles and other cards they think might be better to add.

I like it! I think you should play some Po Town, though, as Mount Lanakila only adds the extra 30 to Basics.

I like it! I think you should play some Po Town, though, as Mount Lanakila only adds the extra 30 to Basics.
Yea thats somthing that was a puzzler for me, the po town would def hlp with metagross gx and raichu gx, but then you will struggle with ho-oh gx and mewtwo gx early on unless you get all 3 dugtrio out, which might be hard to do. Getting 2 dugtrio out is pretty quick set up getting all three can be a challenge. So i guess it just kinda comes down to which would you rather struggle with. My initial reaction was im affraid of ho-oh, but that might just because i play alot of ho-oh gx and give it to much respect. So the po town is probably the better option.

I would say, play the Registeel from Crimson Invasion, it can attach meta energy from the discard. Don’t play the zoroark line as you don’t have that much bench space, instead max the celesteela and Dugtrio.

4 Celesteela, 4-4 Dugtrio, 2 Registeel, 2 Lele
I like Moutn Lanakila as it’s pretty important against fire and bulu, which would present problems otherwise.
Choice band vs FFB is debatable, FFB being better against fire and choice band against golisopod. Either one works against gardevoir and ninetales.

Back