Discussion "Celebrations" Official Set List

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I am now satisfied. Thanks, @Chimecho3000!

01. Ho-oh
02. Reshiram

03. Kyogre
04. Palkia

05. Pikachu
06. Flying Pikachu V
07. Flying Pikachu VMAX
08. Surfing Pikachu V

09. Surfing Pikachu VMAX
10. Zekrom
11. Mew
12. Xerneas
13. Cosmog
14. Cosmoem

15. Lunala
16. Zacian V

17. Groudon
18. Zamazenta V

19. Yveltal
20. Dialga
21. Solgaleo

22. Lugia

23. Professor's Research: Professor Oak
24. Professor's Research: Professor Oak
25. Mew

Special Subset

- Venusaur BS
- Charizard BS
- Blastoise BS
- Birthday Pikachu
- Impostor Professor Oak
- Dark Gyarados
- Here Comes Team Rocket
- Rocket's Zapdos
- Neo Cleffa
- Shining Magikarp
- Team Magma's Groudon
- Rocket's Admin
- Mew ex
- Gardevoir δ ex
- Umbreon Gold Star
- Claydol Great Encounters
- Luxray GL Lv.X
- Garchomp C Lv.X
- Donphan Prime
- FA Reshiram BW
- FA Zekrom BW
- Mewtwo EX
- Xerneas EX
- Tapu Lele GX
- M Rayquaza EX

Thanks to Matticuli POKEMON for the info. Here's the link to his video:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-47-02.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-47-02.png
    826.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-46-47.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-46-47.png
    657.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-46-25.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-46-25.png
    806.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-45-11.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-45-11.png
    855.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-44-49.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-44-49.png
    807.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-38-25.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-38-25.png
    454.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-38-08.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-38-08.png
    465 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-37-52.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-37-52.png
    452.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-37-36.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-37-36.png
    453.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-37-22.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-08-20-37-22.png
    444.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Wasn’t the main set supposed to have 45 cards and the subset 25 cards? Whereas here there appears to be 25 cards in the main set and 19 cards in the subset, which amounts to a total of 44 cards, one card short of the number of cards there needed to be in the main set alone.
Also, if that Claydol is Claydol Great Encounters, why is it between Tapu Lele GX and M Rayquaza EX? And why is M Rayquaza EX at the end of the list?
For the most part I like the choice of cards included, but I’m confused by the absence of any Delta Species Pokémon, BREAK Pokémon, Prism Star Pokémon, and, worst of all, the absence of any Crystal Pokémon. The last of these is probably the most crushing blow, considering the extreme rarity of and expense in obtaining one of those cards. Also, the absence of a Team Aqua’s Pokémon is somewhat baffling.
One more question; the set description said that the set would include 4 Pokémon V and 2 Pokémon VMAX, but I only see two Pokémon V and two Pokémon VMAX.
In other words, this set list is still not complete.
Oh wait, I just realized that the thread title says PARTIAL set list. Which means we still have a chance to get a Crystal Pokémon, Delta Species Pokémon, and other missing links in the selection of mechanics.
P.S. the video says “this video is unavailable.” Just in case you weren’t already aware.

fawfulmark2

Aspiring Trainer
HCTR getting the spot over Rocket's Sneak Attack or Dark Vileplume is kinda odd. Though I guess being the first ever Holo Trainer card could be why.
I wonder if other cards might turn up such as Erikia's Jigglypuff, NG Pichu, Greninja BREAK, Tropical Beach or the Fossil Ditto.

Last edited:

HCTR getting the spot over Rocket's Sneak Attack or Dark Vileplume is kinda odd. Though I guess being the first ever Holo Trainer card could be why.
I wonder if other cards might turn up such as Erikia's Jigglypuff, NG Pichu, Greninja BREAK, Tropical Beach or the Fossil Ditto.
With Rocket's Zapdos in the set, Erika's Jigglypuff is almost certainly not going to be included. Fossil Ditto is also probably not going to be included; we already have the Base Set Trio (and arguably ____'s birthday Pikachu) absorbing all the (WOTC era) non-gimmick slots. I'm also guessing that Pichu won't be included even though "baby Pokémon" as it's own stage was technically a mechanic (especially with the coin flip effect), but it's possible that we may get it or some other baby Pokémon.
Then again, we already have two EXs, Mewtwo EX and Xernease EX, in which case, who knows if we'll get another duplicate?
We still don't have any representation for Crystal Pokémon (I have a sad suspicion that we won't actually get one in the set, and will try not to hope too much that one will be included so that I won't be too disappointed if we don't get one and will be overjoyed if we DO get one), vintage ex's (which we also may not get, since it is a precursor to EXs, but personally I would include at least one of each since ex's evolve as normal), Delta Species cards (either the ordinary or the Dual type versions, or perhaps both), a non-SP Lv.X or a non Lv.X SP (not that either of these are likely to be included or even necessary with Luxray C SP Lv.X taking the slot for both Lv.Xs and SPs), LEGENDs (which would take up two spots and are not likely to be included), BREAKs, Prism Stars (we already have Stars and Lv.Xs and BREAKs and Prism Stars are fairly modern, so they may not be included), and Tag Teams (assuming TPCI decides they deserve a separate slot), plus several different trainer mechanics such as Team Aqua and the Team Plasma tag archetype (and the dual type Dark Pokémon). Baby Pokémon as well. There are too few remianing slots to represent all of these different mechanics, so we can expect some groups to be cut. And there is always the possibility that we may (just) get more cards like the Base Set starter trio, Claydol, Here Comes Team Rocket, and Rocket's Admin, powerful and popular cards that are much sought after by collectors of vintage cards, players of vintage formats, or both. And I wouldn't completely discount the possibility that we may get Tropical Beach, but I also wouldn't get your hopes up just yet. There are only six slots in the subset left to fill in the subset and a plethora of possible cards to fill them, so try not to invest too much energy in hoping that a certain card will fill one of those slots.
Regardless, the current selection of cards is an excellent selection of collector and player favorites, a mixture of top-tier cards from older formats and cards that Pokémon fans have been seeking to obtain for years, or even decades. I'm sure many fans will be pleased by the selection!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Wasn’t the main set supposed to have 45 cards and the subset 25 cards? Whereas here there appears to be 25 cards in the main set and 19 cards in the subset, which amounts to a total of 44 cards, one card short of the number of cards there needed to be in the main set alone.
Also, if that Claydol is Claydol Great Encounters, why is it between Tapu Lele GX and M Rayquaza EX? And why is M Rayquaza EX at the end of the list?
For the most part I like the choice of cards included, but I’m confused by the absence of any Delta Species Pokémon, BREAK Pokémon, Prism Star Pokémon, and, worst of all, the absence of any Crystal Pokémon. The last of these is probably the most crushing blow, considering the extreme rarity of and expense in obtaining one of those cards. Also, the absence of a Team Aqua’s Pokémon is somewhat baffling.
One more question; the set description said that the set would include 4 Pokémon V and 2 Pokémon VMAX, but I only see two Pokémon V and two Pokémon VMAX.
In other words, this set list is still not complete.
Oh wait, I just realized that the thread title says PARTIAL set list. Which means we still have a chance to get a Crystal Pokémon, Delta Species Pokémon, and other missing links in the selection of mechanics.
P.S. the video says “this video is unavailable.” Just in case you weren’t already aware.
I know, my mind just messed up a bit and I insert the Claydol between a GX and a Mega

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Yveltal is 19 and Dialga is 20.

I believe Zamazenta will then have to be number 18. Zacian can be between Dialga and Lugia, but since Zamazenta is Fighting it would make more sense for Zacian to be Psychic and therefore Solgaleo will be Metal.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I'm wondering if they gonna include any e-Series card, be nice so see the Crystal being appreciated as the Era's gimmick

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I wonder the art on Reshiram, reference the art on Reshiram from Legendary Treasures? The artist is Aya Kusube on both, and the styles do look kinda similar

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
More evidence!

Attachments

• IMG_20210816_102519.png
    IMG_20210816_102519.png
    331 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210816_101842.png
    IMG_20210816_101842.png
    218.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210816_101823.png
    IMG_20210816_101823.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2021-08-16-10-10-54.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-16-10-10-54.png
    406.2 KB · Views: 24

01. Ho-oh
02. Reshiram

03. Kyogre
04. Palkia

05. Pikachu
06. Flying Pikachu V
07. Flying Pikachu VMAX
08. Surfing Pikachu V

09. Surfing Pikachu VMAX
10. Zekrom
11. Mew
12. Xerneas
13. Cosmog
14. Cosmoem

15. Lunala
16. Zacian V

17. Groudon
18. Zamazenta V

19. Yveltal
20. Dialga
21. Solgaleo

22. Lugia

23. Professor's Research: Professor Oak
24. Professor's Research: Professor Oak
25. Mew
The main set for Celebrations is now Official!
I thought the main set was supposed to be 45 cards? And the Japanese main set has 28 cards.
Every website I have checked has said that the main set has 45 cards, including Pokébeach and Serebii, two very reliable sources.

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I thought the main set was supposed to be 45 cards? And the Japanese main set has 28 cards.
Every website I have checked has said that the main set has 45 cards, including Pokébeach and Serebii, two very reliable sources.
Japanese was 28, but they omit 5 cards as promos so I assume the main set was 30 (Secret Rares Included). Hence, the English main set is 25/25. Fitting for the 25th anniversary. The press info might have made a mistake. The online leaks are everywhere, that's why

Japanese was 28, but they omit 5 cards as promos so I assume the main set was 30 (Secret Rares Included). Hence, the English main set is 25/25. Fitting for the 25th anniversary. The press info might have made a mistake. The online leaks are everywhere, that's why
That makes sense. For one thing, the Professor Full Art and the golden rare Mew are probably going to be Secret Rares. For another thing, it’s very possible that someone in the press department typed “4” instead of “2” and it somehow got through the department and past the editors.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Another thing is, if let's say we carry over the 45-card main set, what cards are we going to insert there? The omitted cards for Evolving Skies is going to be our Fusion Strike, for sure. Promos in Japan? Don't be silly. We reached the number of Vs (4) and VMAXs (2) already.

Idk how Japan will get the reimagined promos like Zacian Lv.X, etc.

Well, we have 22 out of the 25 cards in the special subset. We still don’t have any BREAK’s, Prism Star’s, or Tag Teams. Of course, we also don’t have any Crystal Pokémon, Delta Species Pokémon, Pokémon LEGEND, or Team Aqua’s or Team Plasma’s Pokémon, but there are various reasons why probably won’t get those. Crystal Pokémon are the product of the e-card era, which is enough reason for Pokémon to include one but also, sadly, enough reason for why Pokémon probably WON’T include one. Too much e-card era hate. Delta species probably should have a slot, but if we had gotten one at all it would have needed to share a spot with an ex (in which case we probably would have gotten Flygon ex delta species) or the Star (in which case we would probably have gotten Gyarados Star) because of all the ex era cards we already have. LEGENDS wouldn’t be included because they would take up two set slots, and Team Aqua’s and Team Plasma’s Pokémon would have been redundant. As for what cards we WILL get, I’m guessing we will get Pikachu & Zekrom GX, Greninja BREAK, and Tapu Koko Prism Star. I heard someone suggest these cards, and I agree that it is the most likely selection.

Last edited:

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Well, we have 22 out of the 25 cards in the special subset. We still don’t have any BREAK’s, Priam Star’s, or Tag Teams. Of course, we also don’t have any Crystal Pokémon, Delta Species Pokémon, Pokémon LEGEND, or Team Aqua’s or Team Plasma’s Pokémon, but there are various reasons why probably won’t get those. Crystal Pokémon are the product of the e-card era, which is enough reason for Pokémon to include one but also, sadly, enough reason for why Pokémon probably WON’T include one. Too much e-card era hate. Delta species probably should have a slot, but if we had gotten one at all it would have needed to share a spot with an ex (in which case we probably would have gotten Flygon ex delta species) or the Star (in which case we would probably have gotten Gyarados Star) because of all the ex era cards we already have. LEGENDS wouldn’t be included because they would take up two set slots, and Team Aqua’s and Team Plasma’s Pokémon would have been redundant. As for what cards we WILL get, I’m guessing we will get Pikachu & Zekrom GX, Greninja BREAK, and Tapu Koko Prism Star. I heard someone suggest these cards, and I agree that it is the most likely selection.
They should have given the slot to those card so that it would represent multiple era rather then giving some set extra showing, we have2 Trainer (Supporters) and one of them is from the same set as Dark Gyarados. One of them should really been given to Crystal Pokemon as I think the Mechanic is really unique, they could also pick either the Mewtwo-EX n Xerneas-EX as well as having another LV.X instead both being SP Pokemon

They should have given the slot to those card so that it would represent multiple era rather then giving some set extra showing, we have2 Trainer (Supporters) and one of them is from the same set as Dark Gyarados. One of them should really been given to Crystal Pokemon as I think the Mechanic is really unique, they could also pick either the Mewtwo-EX n Xerneas-EX as well as having another LV.X instead both being SP Pokemon
I feel like Xernease EX represents the Fairy type as a mechanic. Should’ve been Xernease BREAK in my opinion. What bothers me isn’t the repeats like Garchamp C Lv.X, Imposter Professor Oak, or Xerneas EX, or even the fact that Pokémon Delta Species are being left out (since they are still affordable and since we have Mimikyu delta species), but the absence of a mechanic exclusive to the most hated, underrated, and, at the same time, as impossible as it may seem, the most expensive era in Pokémon history. It would mean a lot to me if they left out Pikachu & Zekrom (does this set really need to feature a mechanic that will only rotate out of standard a couple of months before release?) and added any given Crystal Pokémon to the set, but I never had much hope that the mechanic would be added to this set. Ah well. It’s not that important anyways, in the wider scheme of things. And I imagine that I will have to carefully pick and choose what cards from this set I will buy, given my limited budget, so not having Crystal Pokémon in the set is one less card in the queue of cards I hope to add to my collection.

maxresdefault (5).jpgTEXTURES! WE'RE GETTING TEXTURES!
(And now that I've exceeded the insurance policy on my vocal chords, I'll just say that the full-art style textures, or the potential absence thereof, have been one of my biggest concerns for all this time.)
Also, here is a video concerning the opening of several sealed Celebrations packs. I'm going to bed now, so I'll leave it up to Mr. Rhyperior to confirm the legitimacy of the above picture and video. The video, however, if accurate, disproves Mr. Rhyperior's hypothesis that there would be a "hit" (V, VMAX, Full Art or reprint) in every pack.