• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Celebi Tag Team GX Deck

The Beardsley

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone!

I've been trying to get more into the TCG scene and mostly play online. I had a lot of success with my Gardevoir GX deck, but a new season is now upon us.

First, I have to address one of the biggest issues with this deck list: the threat of Reshiram & Charizard GX.
I personally feel grass types aren't the best in the meta right now. However, my love for Celebi cannot be destroyed. Celebi & Venusaur might not be optimal; but I'd rather play a deck that I am passionate about.

Few other things.

* I don't like playing acro bike, hence why I chose 2 PokeNav
* Let me know what you thing of my supporters. I think 3 Cynthia, 1 Tate and Liza, and 2 Erika's could be overkill.
* This is the first deck list I truly created on my own, let me know if there's a certain strategy I should be running instead. My goal is to soak up as much damage as possible and use Shaymin to stall.

If you have any other recommendations for the new rotation, let me know!

I will try to respond to every response I get and update you all on my final deck list!

EDIT: I just realized this deck is not standard because DCE is no longer in the format. I would still like to use this deck for expanded.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 8

* 4 Celebi & Venusaur-GX PR-SM 167
* 4 Shaymin LOT 33

##Trainer Cards - 42

* 2 Cherish Ball UNM 191
* 1 Professor Elm’s Lecture LOT 188
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Switch CES 147
* 2 Judge FLI 108
* 1 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 2 Erika’s Hospitality TEU 140
* 2 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 2 Apricorn Maker CES 124
* 2 Choice Helmet LOT 169
* 2 Gardenia UPR 124
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 PokéNav CES 140
* 2 Escape Board UPR 122
* 4 Custom Catcher LOT 171
* 2 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 3 Net Ball LOT 187
* 3 Judge Whistle TEU 146
* 1 Life Forest {*} LOT 180
* 2 Lillie UPR 125

##Energy - 10

* 6 Grass Energy SMEnergy 10
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Last edited:
DCE is no longer valid in standard. Try Weakness Guard Energy. It provides only one [C] but your grass pokemon will have no fire weakness. Drop Gardenias, add Great Potions. It heal 50hp grom active gx and it's Item.

-1 Celebi & Venusaur TT GX (you don't need four and you can't energize all four)

-1 Professor Elm's Lecture (Net Ball + draw power does the job)
-1 Acerola (no longer allowed in Standard)
-2 Apricorn Maker (really, Net Ball + draw power)
-2 Gardenia (Great Potion is more efficient)
-2 Cynthia (you're running Custom Catcher, sometime you don't want to lose it)
-1 Tate&Liza (same as Cynthia, Switch is better at switching up)
-2 Erika's Hospitality (better options)
-1 Judge (1 is fine for disruption)

-2 PokeNav (not really good in a deck with a higher Trainer count than Pokemon+Energy combined)
-1 Switch (2 is enough)

-4 DCE (no longer allowed in Standard)

-------------------------------------------------------------

+2 Lillie (MVP draw power right now and ideal t1)
+2 Tag Coach (accelerates without conditions and drawbacks)
+4 Bill's Analysis (tanky, slower decks prefer this)
***completely optional and gimmicky*** +1 Mina (accelerates a t2 Pollen Hazard)

+4 Mixed Herbs (more healing and status removal, especially against Pikarom)
+4 Great Potion (standard healing for GX tanks)
+2 Power Plant (stadium wars are real)

+4 Weakness Guard Energy (to cover weakness)
***completely optional and gimmicky*** +1 Fairy Energy (if you decide to include Mina)

There are probably more inclusions than exclusions in there, I'll leave that puzzle for you to solve. Good luck, man.

Last edited:
Back