Celebi from Triumphant (#3) [2/15]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
3-celebi.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. Analyze the stats of the card (HP, Weakness, Resistance, Retreat cost).
2. Analyze the attacks (and/or Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies) of the card.
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. What techs can you use to combat the weak points?
5. How's the artwork?
6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

Posts MUST be more than one sentence long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted.

1) It's HP is nice, but that Weakness is a total killer, like all the HGSS cards. The Retreat cost is fair enough.
2) Future Sight is amazing, and I can see people using this in some deck that focuses on disruption. Leaf Bind I can't see really being used much, unless you need to stall by Paralyzing.
3) Like I said, a disruption deck. Mew Prime would be fun with this, actually.
4) Perhaps Snowpoint Temple to improve HP, or attach Rescue Energy if it's a main tech. Nothing really combos with it though.
5) Meh. Backround is cool enough, but Celebi's arm looks fat.
6) 2/5 It's a slightly better Basic than most. It's a great card to start out with in the beginning of a game, I must say.

>:D I beat you all! You don't have the first post!

5. How's the artwork?
6. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

1) HP is decent for the basic starter it would be, should never be used as an attacker so it should be able to take as many hits as the core 60hp starters would. x2 weakness is rough, and no resistance is bad. The retreat is decent, but for a starter it could be better (IE, none)
2) Leaf Bind will never be used, and the first attack is the same as Ralts PL's first attack, but it costs an energy on celebi. Has a use with one energy, but its not that great of a move.
3) Maybe Vilegar, load them up with trainers, or keep a deck with low energies energy dry.
4) Seeker/Snowpoint if you really want it.
5) Not as cool as it could've been. It IS a legendary after all. Neat looking sky, though.
6) 1/5. Serves little purpose in most decks, and the Ralts I linked is better by a mile.

Guiding questions:

The health is standard, 70, for a basic. It's normally higher for a card that can't evolve, but it doesn't make that much of a difference. Resistance - there is none; weakness is x2 Psychic which makes it quite bad given that it's weak to uxie... and can't really deal much damage or be a threat to uxie.

The first attack seems very good for prereleases - they can never attack if they never get energy. However, I doubt there will be many cases where they will a) not have supporters for draw power, b) not have pokemon for draw power, c) not be able to attack and kill Celebi or d) not have any useful cards in their top 5.

The second attack is horrible.

In theory you could use it with a Sableye - Judge, Cyrus' Initiative, Vileplume (sort of); generally any locking deck. The problem is, that any 'combo' that it is in is probably better without it.

You can't really tech in cards to combat the weak points of a card if it doesn't have any strong points to start with. The problem is that it dies too quick, and doesn't really do much when in the main position. I suppose you could, technically, play Mr Mime to see their hand, to see if they have anything that allows them to shuffle their deck *cough before you send out celebi to suicide cough*

5. How's the artwork?

I greatly dislike this artwork. Legendary pokemon should look legendary - This is just a cutesy picture of Celebi against a random background. It has no specific purpose, or anything; and I don't think this celebi was a holo either.

1/5. The only cards that get 1/5 are cards that, in the best situation possible for that card, they are still useless. This Celebi? It's useless. There is, basically, and I could go as far as to say NO time in the entire game (when facing standard decks) where running 2 of this Celebi would be better than a 1-1 Slowking HGSS. The only, only exception is getting stuck with Slowpoke. There is no point to this card, other than prereleases.

Posts MUST be more than one sentence long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted.

o rly?

Celebi has average everything except HP is above normal basic.

The attack Future sight can be very disrupting and also used to boost yourself up

Not really much combos but I can think of sablelock to go with it.

One tech you can use is Celebi prime, easy energy then you future sight and still get to attach another energy so you can set up faster and get a head start. Celebi can stall your opponents deck with lots of top junks while you set up.

5. How's the artwork?
Pretty Heroic and Resting, I like it

Maybe a 2 -3 / 5 because it is not very good but not very terrible either.
Good for beginners to understand the game though.

70 hp is slightly above average for a basic, and 2x psychic weakness is okay. all other stats are average.
Future Sight is nice for disruption, but there are other cards that do that. I can't see anyone using Leaf Bind unless they want to do some damage and to cripple the opponent.
None, I think.
Celebi Prime?
5. How's the artwork?
3/5 Cool. Nice floating.
1.5/5 It's an okay basic.

Back