• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Catch Me if You Can! (Gengar EX / Mewtwo EX / Zekrom)

matuxlogan

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 Gengar EX
    1 M Gengar EX
    1 Wobbuffet
    2 Sigilyph
    2 Mewtwo EX
    1 Zekrom
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    2 Colress
    2 Lysandre

3 Ultra Ball
    1 Gengar Spirit Link
    2 Float Stone
    2 Bicycle
    3 Robo Substitute
    3 Muscle Band
    1 Professor's Letter
    3 Virbank City Gym
    4 Hynotoxic Lazer
    2 VS Seeker
    1 Esape Rope
    1 Computer Search
Energy:

• 5 Psychic Energy
    3 Mystery Energy
    4 Double Colorless

Strategy:

Well, this is my list of Gengar EX, the strategy is really basic, pull out Gengar ex fast as I can, hit really hard, and of corse, get fun!. But anyway I need any advice to make it more effective in the match ups. I got to say, i don't like Trevenant, and neighter Dragalge so please skip that kind of changes. Anyway thank you for the help!

*I'm sorry for my bad english, i hope all of you can understand it.

OliSylveonToDaSwellow said:
Ok, lose the mega gengar, it is probably the worst mega as it relies purely on chance.

How does it rely on chance? And I would actually add another and spirit link to help against Pyroar, you can always discard it. I love the versatility of the card and it is an option you can use against certain situations.

It relies on chance as you never know what your facing in a matchup, therefore you never know what the move will be. Mew EX is bad enough but at least it can use your moves as well. Take out the mega gengar, it will not help.

What I like about Mega Gengar EX is that Pyroar is mostly played in Pyroar/Seismitoad decks right now. Using Mega Gengar EX, you can one shot Pyroars using Seismitoad's Grenade Hammer. Pyroar is still popular, I wouldn't ignore it.

As for your list Matux, I recommend:
-1 Mewtwo EX

+1 Wobbuffet PHF

I love Wobbuffet. Against VirGen they can't Red Signal your Gengar EXs. It also blocks Verdant Wind so you can set up a LaserBank on opposing Virizion EXs and Genesect EXs. Wobbuffet can also help against Pyroars.

I agree with OliSylveonToDaSwellow m gengar is basically a coinflip/dice roll but I won't say m gengar its the worst mega...this deck is running virbank, gengar ex can still apply poison on pyroar and then be hit by wobbuffet for the ko. If pyroar is a problem then I suggest a 2-2line raichu which can also deal with the yvetal matches.

Like I said before: "What I like about Mega Gengar EX is that Pyroar is mostly played in Pyroar/Seismitoad decks right now. Using Mega Gengar EX, you can one shot Pyroars using Seismitoad's Grenade Hammer. Pyroar is still popular, I wouldn't ignore it. "

I also never said to use Mega Gengar EX every time, just when you need it.

I would
-2 Mewtwo EX
-1/2 Robo
-1 Hypno Laser

+2 Manectric EX
+2/3 Lightning Energy

This has worked out great in my list. Manectric EX can easily OHKO Yveltal EXs. Robo Subs are useless when in Item lock, which is popular now with Seismitoad EX decks.

I suggest the folowing for your consideration:

-1 M Gengar EX - too "situational"
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Gengar Spirit Link
-3 Robo Substitute - not that real effective as a "wall"
-4 Ht Laser - Dark Corridor poisons Defending Poké
-3 Mystery energy - Enhanced Hammer target

+2 Manectric EX - provides protection vs. Yveltal EX and can make oppponents think twice before attaching Tools to their Poké
+2 M Manectric EX - Pyroar counter
+2 Manectric Spirit Link

+1 Pokémon Fan Club - helps fill your bench
+1 Muscle Band - extra damage output
+1 Energy Retrieval - recovers discarded Basic energy

+3 L energy
+1 P energy

Hi matuxlogan,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 M Gengar Ex (too situational and Wobbuffet handles Pyroar)
- 1 Gengar Spirit Link (not needed without M Gengar Ex)
- 4 Hypnotoxic Laser (use Gengar Ex to poison)

+ 2 Wobbuffet (awesome staller and Gengar Ex follow up attacker)
+ 1 Zekrom (nice wall that handles Darkness attackers)
+ 3 Skyla (nice search card to get Robots and stuff)

These modifcations assume that Zekrom and Robots are effective in your metagame. However, if item lock is common in your metagame use the modifications outlined by TuxedoBlack with these small modifcations: Use three Skyla and three Head Ringer instead of Mega Manectric and its Spirit Link. Drop Zekrom and the proposed Energy Retrieval to fit in all six suggested cards.

Back