• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Casual Moltres & Zapdos & Articuno GX

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
1562947.jpg

Pokemon (13)

2 Moltres & Zapdos & Articuno-GX HIF 44/68
1 Reshiram & Charizard-GX SM201
1 Charizard & Braixen-GX SM230
1 Victini-V SSH 025/202
1 Ho-Oh-EX DRX 22/124
1 Torkoal-V SSH 188/202
1 Lapras-V SSH 049/202
1 Lapras-VMAX SSH 050/202
1 Kyurem-EX AOR 25/98
1 Xurkitree-GX SM68
1 Tapu Koko-GX SM33
1 Xurkitree UNM 70/236

Trainer (28)
1 Energy Removal B2 119/130
1 Energy Retrieval SLG 59/73
1 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123/135
2 Nest Ball SUM 123/149
1 Pokedex (HANDY910is) DP 111/130
1 Pokemon Communication TEU 152/181
3 Professor's Letter XY 123/146
1 Rotom Dex SUM 131/149
1 Stadium Nav UNM 208/236
1 Switch SLG 67/73
1 Wishful Baton BUS 128/147

1 Acerola BUS 112/147
1 Blacksmith FLF 88/106
1 Green's Exploration UNB 175/214
1 Hau SUM 120/149
1 Lusamine CIN 96/111
1 Professor Kukui SUM 128/149
1 Professor Oak's New Theory HS 101/123
1 Underground Expedition CES 150/168
2 Welder UNB 189/214

1 Heat Factory LOT 178/214
1 Rough Seas PRC 137/160
2 Scorched Earth PRC 138/160

Energy (19)

8 Fire Energy
6 Water Energy
5 Electric Energy

My deck is very fire oriented, which I would somewhat like to keep just because of the immense support the type has in the current meta, but I would also like to empower my other types as well. My play group is super casual, so we can use almost any card ever printed (even Base Set), but I would prefer to keep it Gen 5 and above(3-4 is alright, but I don't own many cards from those generations).

I am soon getting a Morpeko V and a Morpeko VMAX, so they may replace some electric pokemon. Water and Electric I think do not have nearly enough support in this deck, so I think some better pokemon, lines, or trainer support would be great for those types. The electric pokemon do not currently seem to have any synergy with the deck, especially with Green's Exploration (which I need more of, 100%), so a full change may be in order for that type.

This is a very aggressive deck, and its main focus is to put out big threats and build them up to quickly take out foes. I have some energy acceleration to speed this along, but I am looking to add a Kiawe or two. This deck searches a lot, so I have pokemon searches (Nest Ball, Pokemon Communication), energy searches (Professor's Letter), and trainer searches (Green's Exploration). I find that Blacksmith and Energy Retrieval almost never get used, due to the fact that most of the time only 2-3 pokemon have to be knocked out on my side to lose. I have found decent success in my current deck, but I would like to further improve it.

I also think that the amount of fire types really overshadows all the other types, so I think I may need help to bring the count a bit lower, but still possibly higher than the other types.

Any recommendations would be extremely helpful, and I would really appreciate them. Any changes to the Pokemon/Energy/Trainer ratio would be fine too.

Last edited:
Hey there! It's good to see people enjoy playing outside of the main formats, and I'm happy to voice my opinions on your list here.

I don't have the time to do a proper analysis or "rating" of your list right this moment, but here are a couple of links I'd reccomend checking out:

RESHIRAM & CHARIZARD FIRE BOX by Chris Robinson

MOLTRES & ZAPDOS & ARTICUNO TAG TEAM by Drew Kennett

The second list is somewhat more similar to the deck you have now in that it focuses on Bird Trio, but the playstyle you say you'd like to emulate sounds more like the ReshiZard ideal to me. If you look at the lists, you'll find there are a lot of similarities; if you can identify from the main cards in there (4-ofs) what you do/don't have, then that will give the people around here a decent idea of your budget and how the list can be improved with what you already have. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to you soon on my own recommendations for the list!

Back