Carracosta...

thanks me and my bro wanted different games and he wants it really bad. + nice selection of names harry potter and percy jackson are my favorite series:)

I may not know much in the competetive battling world for Pokemon DS, but I would like to assume that Wide Guard is better than Protect. At least in a double battle format that is.
Wide Guard is the same as protect, only it works for BOTH of your pokemon and not just him/herself.

Carracosta and Kyogre

Carracosta uses Wide Guard while Kyogre uses Water Spout.
So this way, even if they manage to survive, they will be unable to hit Kyogre because of Wide Guard.

Wide Guard only protects against multi-target moves like Surf and Earthquake. So better than Protect? I don't think so. It's nice to guard both pokémon in one move, but more attacks are single-target than multi, so it won't matter too often.

@Shadow Arceus: i ment fossil

my carracosta has the sturdy ability not the other ability that was said on the first page

I really like carracosta. It can easily endure hits and then counter. But I find it odd that people run solid rock on shell break sets since sturdy works so much better.

Gamercal: Oops. My bad, your right. But still, protection from Discharge, Water Spout, Blizzard, Surf, Explosion and other moves like that is nice.

Also, I agree. I perfer Sturdy ability now. Since its been updated for Gen V, the ability is now worth while. Built in Focus Sash. :D

i like the set that sturtle came up with but i would get rid of stone edge and use protect instead. That would give you extra turns for toxic to deal damage and lets you stall.

I'm liking the turtle from this gen a LOT. Here's a movset I've been thinking of using. I have NO idea how good it will be, since I can't test it out yet.

Jolly
Sturdy
252Atk/252Spd/4 ???
Salac berry

Shell Smash
Aqua Jet/Waterfall
Crunch/Stone Edge/Earthquake

If you can guarantee the OHKO by the opponent and predict well, use Shell Smash to boost everything but defenses, which you wouldn't need at all on this set, and let the Salac berry activate. Now, you're running +4 (?) speed and +2 attack. If you feel you're not fast enough, or you need a move to pick stuff off, Aqua Jet is your choice, or Waterfall for more strength. The other two moves are thrown in based on preference and the rest of the team.

^I would change the nature to adamant, as +3 speed is usually enough. Another option would be to switch the salac berry for expert belt.

Just thought Id throw my version of this up here.

It is a wall in sandstorm team.

Carracosta
Careful
Solid Rock
Leftovers
252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpecD
Curse
Aqua Jet
Earthquake
Toxic

Im not 100% on curse yet, but seems like it could make a significant inroad on switch ins.

Have to agree with all the folks saying, cool, finally a sea turtle, so much better then turtwig IMO.

What was blastoise, if not a sea turtle?

Anyway, this looks really promising. It has a minor letdown with its typing giving it so many weaknesses, but it has powerful STABs and two abilities that will take the edge of some of those hits that could have OHKO'd.

Looking good.

Jolly
Sturdy
252Atk/252Spd/4 ?
Salac berry

Shell Smash
Aqua Jet/Waterfall
This set rocks man! One thing I'd consider is changing the Salac to a berry that boosts Attack. When you're at 1 HP you will be completely screwed by priority. Aqua Jet is necessary, and another Attack boost will really help him out.

Just my two cents. Really though, that set looks extremely effective!

Back