Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We now have the full card list for the Trainer’s Toolkit 2022!

Trainers-Toolkit-2022-Deck-List-1-300x225.jpg

Trainers-Toolkit-2022-Deck-List-2-300x225.jpg

As posted before, it features two exclusive alternate art promos of Lumineon V:

Lumineon-V-Promo-144x200.jpg

It will release on July 1st for $29.99. It comes with:

More than 50 useful cards to power up your decks, including dozens of Trainer cards, 6 Special Energy cards, and 2 copies of Lumineon V
More than 100 basic Energy cards
4 Pokemon TCG booster packs
65 card sleeves
A Deck Builder’s Guide
6 damage-counter dice
1 competition-legal coin-flip die
2 condition markers
1 VSTAR marker
A code card for Pokemon TCG Live

Trainers-Toolkit-2022-200x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

•FlamingRedDeoxys•

Psychic Type Expert
Really nice how they’re releasing Capture Energy in a box where it has probably ~6-8 months shelf life left. Well. Better than what the first Trainer Toolkit did.
Still a pretty decent box though in my opinion!

Hukutus

GLC Enthusiast
Really nice how they’re releasing Capture Energy in a box where it has probably ~6-8 months shelf life left. Well. Better than what the first Trainer Toolkit did.
Still a pretty decent box though in my opinion!
It's probably the most expensive card in the box, so yes, it's nice. But it is kind of interesting that 6 (?) of the cards are rotating, which are kind of the better cards in the box. They should really start coming up with some new staples.

Last edited:

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
tbh im not feeling this toolkit as much as the other ones
dedennee had insane art+exclusive supporters and everything in it for the meta at it's time
crobat had the same story, insane art, hard to get exclusive cards(at the time for starters)
nothing in this toolkit screams "exclusive" "amazing art" etc
lumineon's art here is meh
the entire 50 useful cards and trainers and energy is maybe worth 3-4 bucks without the lumineon(go to your local card shop when they have tournaments nights and ask around and they will give you everything on that list for free more or less)
lumineon goes for 2-3 bucks each so lets say you get 2 that's about 6 bucks and will go down further due to the toolkit
4 packs is also 16 bucks
the rest is worth maybe 5 bucks(if you find someone who wants it, fat chance)
the code is worth a buck
if you are lucky the msrp will be at the moment you buy it only 2 bucks below CURRENT value
go find it at msrp fat chance
this one is a miss
what they should have done was create new arts to show off like a exclusive battle vip art
add in a 2-2 line of bibarel with unique art for bibarel or a promo of bidoof
maybe a Irida line
this in my eyes is a fail
look for a better value product for your kids

Last edited:

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Ready for switch's rotation, as well as well as that of pal pad and the other non-candy cards? I see the F print was not present here. If it was, would have seen BSP-2** instead of SSH... :(

Last edited:

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Ready for switch's rotation, as well as well as that of pal pad and the other non-candy cards? I see the F print was not present here. If it was, would have seen BSP-2** instead of SSH... :(
Switch is definitely going to be printed in SV base set, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Polaris

So, I did a test. On TCGPlayer, I can pick up 2 non-promo Lumineons and all of the non-rotating trainers and energy for 12.61$. In addition, I can pick up some nice dragon shield sleeves at my local card store for 11$ which I know from experience are 10x nicer than the ones that come with this.

Not worth; maybe for 25$ if you're a super new player but even then that's a stretch given the selection is all over the place. This one's pretty weak, sorry y'all.

Edit: It's true this comes with some packs and die. But if you just care about packs and die, then get elite trainer boxes instead? I feel like if you just care about staples, go get them on TCGPlayer. I just don't think this product had a niche.

Last edited:

Chris_the_hammer

Aspiring Trainer
It's probably the most expensive card in the box, so yes, it's nice. But it is kind of interesting that 6 (?) of the cards are rotating, which are kind of the better cards in the box. They should really start coming up with some new staples.
Or just start releasing these at better times when the cards aren’t rotating as soon

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
At least all the packs are good, and Crossceiver is the only complete dud. Shoulda been Battle VIP Pass, Cram-o-matic, or Melony or something. No skin off my back, but it would have been nice for newer players. Shame it's too early to get Astral Radiance cards, as that set has around a dozen solid cards like Trekking Shoes or Irida.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know why people are still acting like rotation is a few months away. It's like 7 months after this box comes out, and then like 5 months after that rotation the 2023 box will release. Having "rotating" cards in it is fine, especially since some of them might end up not actually rotating.

My real problem with this is that it seems to be another attempt to get people playing the Fusion Strike deck...

ThatUnlimitedProf

I'm Shayne, also known as ThatUnlimitedProfessor!
I love the concept of these boxes. It makes it so much easier to get decent trainer cards, especially for newcomers!