Card Collectors

b00b00

Aspiring Trainer
Ok sorry for being a big noob, about this, I tried searching the site for info, but no luck.

Will the lv.x, and ex holos, hold there value in the future? since new series is coming out? I havent collected pokemon cards for 11 years now, and I want to get back into it as a hobby, and later learn to play the game.

I know cards lose there value, but will they drop stupid low, where it turns into $3 a holo?

I heard the old basic cards hold there value pretty good since there rare, but they could be wrong?

Any info would be nice!

b00b00 said:
Really? Wow. Im going to stop collecting :p
You don't have to stop collecting. It depends on the card and the format. Most holos are going to be around a dollar (don't know about the older ones). If it's used a lot in play however and is more desired it is going to be worth more. Take Gengar SF for instance, he's a regular rare but he's valued more than most holos.

Alex(charm)ander said:
You don't have to stop collecting. It depends on the card and the format. Most holos are going to be around a dollar (don't know about the older ones). If it's used a lot in play however and is more desired it is going to be worth more. Take Gengar SF for instance, he's a regular rare but he's valued more than most holos.
I wonder if im paying to much for my cards....He knows im new at it again.
I bought...

Absol lv.x
Floatzel lv.x
Regigigas lv.x
Giratina lv.x

All for $5 each. He gave me a Darkrai lv.x promo card? For free anyway.

Then I bought a basic holo charizard for $10. The card is MINT, but the holo has 2 light scratches.

I wonder if Im paying to much.

the base set holo's run between 3 and 6 bucks a card. There are some exceptions, but yea, sell when the value is high. Back in the day, base set charizard went for 100-150 bucks, now according to beckett, its only worth between 12 and 25. Thats a big loss for holding. 1st edition charizard though, is still 75-125, so thats still worth a bit of money.

b00b00 said:
I wonder if im paying to much for my cards...He knows im new at it again.
I bought...

Absol lv.x
Floatzel lv.x
Regigigas lv.x
Giratina lv.x

All for $5 each. He gave me a Darkrai lv.x promo card? For free anyway.

Then I bought a basic holo charizard for $10. The card is MINT, but the holo has 2 light scratches.

I wonder if Im paying to much.
Actually 5 bucks each is pretty cheap. Was the Giratina a promo? The last Charizard I saw for sale was eight bucks so that's not that bad.

Alex(charm)ander said:
Actually 5 bucks each is pretty cheap. Was the Giratina a promo? The last Charizard I saw for sale was eight bucks so that's not that bad.
Actually it is a promo....I just looked. Im guessing there cheaper?

b00b00 said:
Actually it is a promo...I just looked. Im guessing there cheaper?
Yeah. Still not bad though all together. LV X's have a big range in price. Flygon and Luxray GL are probably worth the most and can hit 40 bucks. I would say they hover around 20 bucks for most of them, make sure to check your prices though because this is not always true.

Alex(charm)ander said:
Yeah. Still not bad though all together. LV X's have a big range in price. Flygon and Luxray GL are probably worth the most and can hit 40 bucks. I would say they hover around 20 bucks for most of them, make sure to check your prices though because this is not always true.
I saw your trade list, would u be intrested in selling?

What cards do you recommend for collecting, as in value?

b00b00 said:
I saw your trade list, would u be intrested in selling?
Yes, but I would get kicked off of the beach. I am not a verified seller and I need to be a member for five months before I can do that. Do you have anything to trade? I have some wants at the bottom but I'm also looking for a few other things.

Alex(charm)ander said:
Yes, but I would get kicked off of the beach. I am not a verified seller and I need to be a member for five months before I can do that. Do you have anything to trade? I have some wants at the bottom but I'm also looking for a few other things.
Sure you got a aim or yahoo?

Yeah, but if you want to trade through here you can just post on my trade thread. You can also make your own trade thread.

Back