• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Carbink/Medicham (2016-2017)

Breeder Emmy

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, this is my first deck and have build it online. Basic idea is to use Carbink Break to set-up strong energies on Barrage Medicham and use it to KO.

Some of the problems I am having that I need some help solving:
- I sometimes run out of cards in the deck before I can kill 6 pokemon, especially vs single pokemon prize decks.
- Generally Carbink is not good vs non-EX pokemon like Volcanion/Yveltal/Talonflame
- Xerneas Break and Greninja Break seems unbeatable

Most of my problems seem to be against, single prize pokemon decks.

List Below:

##Pokémon - 15

* 3 Carbink BREAK FAC 51

* 4 Carbink FAC 50

* 3 Meditite PRC 79

* 3 Medicham PRC 81

* 2 Regirock-EX FAC 43

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123

* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102

* 1 Lysandre FLF 90

* 3 N DEX 96

* 4 Professor Sycamore XY 122

* 2 Super Rod NVI 95

* 2 Escape Rope PLS 120

* 2 Level Ball AOR 76

* 1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 138

* 3 Scorched Earth FAC 110

* 1 Parallel City BKT 145

* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 12

* 4 Strong Energy FAC 115

* 8 Fighting Energy BLWEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

I would prefer to run a secondary attacker. Maybe Zygarde EX?, its fast enough to deal with small single prize Pokemon.
Another way of dealing with those hard matchups is changing you're playstyle VS these decks, maybe go more aggresive with Medicham. You just have to try multiple approaches and see what helps you.

As for trainers and energy. nothing needs to be changed here unless you feel that its not consistent enough

Back